[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else hate the Neo-Soul aesthetic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: noo.jpg (7 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
noo.jpg
7 KB, 255x198
I'm cool with the afros and sundresses and all that. I'm probably one of the most pro black (white) people you'll meet. I even like some of the music (erykah badu, outkast). But this kendrick lamar/j cole/kamasi washington/robert glasper/mos def/talib kweli/shabazz palaces shit makes me cringe. For one thing it's corny as hell, and for another thing I don't like how it seems to tell other black people they need to be a certain way to be pro black.
>>
>>60496838
>kendrick lamar/j cole/kamasi washington/robert glasper/mos def/talib kweli/shabazz palaces
>neo soul
>>
>>60496838
>I'm probably one of the most pro black (white) people you'll meet.

Consider lobotomy or suicide.
>>
>>60496838
none of that what you listed is neo-soul you twat
>>
>>60496838
I think this aesthetic is actually to market to white kids.
>>
>>60496931
nah my black gf buys into it. i dont reallly get it either
>>
it's basically the black version of the white stripes, the black keys, etc. garage rawk revival shit. one positive thing that has come out of this is that curly hair is finally making a comeback with black women
>>
>>60496931

It's true, this plan has been 20 years in the making and you've uncovered the secret, I have to assemble the Soulquarians
>>
>neo soul
>lists a bunch of rappers and a jazz artist
>>
>>60497843

i don't mean neo soul as in just the genre itself. i'm talking about that whole vibe, it's kind of like the softer version of that Africa stuff in late 80s hip hop.
>>
>>60497895
nah, youre just dumb as fuck, delete thread, end life
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.