[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck is club music so bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: plebs.jpg (189 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
plebs.jpg
189 KB, 1200x800
So I have a lot of remixes of Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Imagine Dragons, etc. Some of them are quite good like the Acoustic, Live and Instrumentals. But holy shit, the amount of retarded Club, Dub mixes is insane. They are some of the shittiest remixes I have ever heard, making already pop songs even more repetitive than they already are and adding a loud basic Fruity Loops beat. I hear the same stupid noises repeated ad nauseam, it seems like an 8 year old produced them. Do people in clubs actually enjoy this shit? They're so fucking bad, why not just use the original song? Not to mention the fact that these songs are >7 mins usually.
>>
>>60495294
>going to clubs

Literally why, the bitches there are so nasty at least from my experience
>>
>>60495302
My friends kept telling me it was fun and that I had to experience the club/rave life
>>
>>60495302
that's the best part lad
>>
You know there are different clubs right? Your question is like asking why music is so bad and then referring to what's played on MTV.

Most people listen to pleb music, so pleb clubs will play pleb music. Logic, right?

I went to a club that only played Noise once. It was awful. My standard place normally got live bands. Otherwise they got 3 different floors with 3 completely different genres.
>>
>>60495294
>Do people in clubs actually enjoy this shit? They're so fucking bad,
there are different kinds of clubs m8. if you're just going to most mainstream ones they get advertised on ur billboards and shitty top 40 radio stations your gonna get mess like that. since 98% of the people are gonna be drunk,high and horny tryna fugg
>>
>go to bad clubs that play bad music for bad people
>WHY ARE CLUBS AND CLUB MUSIC SO BAD
>>
>>60495333
>>60495340
>>60495365
It's not really clubs I hate, and I get that clubs can have different kinds of music such as live bands, but by "club music" I mean that kind of Spinnin' Records EDM stuff.
My friends eat this shit up for some reason. I think of myself as a guy with diverse music taste from rock to country to pop to rap. But I don't see the appeal in this kind of "purposely" shitty music. Why do the plebs love it?
>>
>going to shitty clubs
lmao
>>
>>60495384
The majority of people consists of subhumans, more news at 11.
>>
>>60495384
>But I don't see the appeal in this kind of "purposely" shitty music. Why do the plebs love it?
because they have not being exposed to good dance music. so because vast majority say X is good they believe it and lets not forget them being on molly so who cares

do your part and educate them my man
>>
>>60495384
Why plebs love easily accessible music? No idea.

POST FAVORITE CLUB EDM SONG!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kBA1g8dJ_c
Either this or Parachute Ending by Birdy Nam Nam.
>>
>not going to gay clubs
>>
>>60495294

Majority of clubs don't play stuff like that, only pop clubs do. Most of them will play 1 or 2 of the dance genres, and it's of good quality, not the cheesy remixes of shit pop tunes
>>
>>60495496
>wanting to be groped by sweaty men
gay 2bh
>>
>>60495502
To be fair Lady Gaga has quite a few good tunes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pco91kroVgQ
>>
>>60495384

Spinnin' is only representative of the shitty big room house scene. It's music for the ADD generation and it's far removed from the top quality trance, techno and house that they loosely based their music on. It's designed for idiots who just want to get drunk/get high and can't actually appreciate music with an kind of complexity.

Sad thing I'd Spinnin' used to release good tunes but they sold out
>>
>>60495534
Can you recommend some good trance/techno/house? I love 80s house, is the house of today still good?
>>
File: Morrissey1.jpg (90 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
Morrissey1.jpg
90 KB, 500x715
To quote the immortal morrisy.

Burn down the disco
Hang the blessed DJ
Because the music that they constantly play
IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY LIFE
Hang the blessed DJ
Because the music they constantly play

On the Leeds side-streets that you slip down
Provincial towns you jog 'round
Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ
HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ
HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ
HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ
HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ
HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ
HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ
HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ
HANG THE DJ
>>
>>60495554
Not him but the best release in my book in the last few years is definitely Luxury Problems by Andy Stott. Shit's fucking intense and melancholic at the same time.
>>
>>60495577
Thanks I'll check it out
>>
>>60495554
theres always great new stuff coming out
lurk in /bleep/ for good dance music
heres something i enjoyed recently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcQibYb1xdE
>>
>>60495554

I'm a little out of touch with the techno and house scene, but check out my mates website (electronomist.com) as he DJs both and has got mixes for download. If you want good trance then there's mixes I did for my old radio show that can be downloaded as well (trance.com/mixes.html)
>>
Try playin proper instruments instead of a computer
>>
>>60495968
heres your reply
>>
>>60495968

Or how about you try programming all your sounds from scratch, record all the different layers, melodies and drums for the track. Arrange, EQ and process the whole track, then mix it down ready to be mastered. All whilst being able to play "real instruments" as well.

Or just stick to the 3 chords you know how to play on your guitar
>>
File: throw it in le garbage.png (11 KB, 427x474) Image search: [Google]
throw it in le garbage.png
11 KB, 427x474
>>60495384
>I think of myself as a guy with diverse music taste from rock to country to pop to rap
>>
>>60496440
what's wrong familia?
>>
lol pardners
>>
File: 1445292477012.png (2 MB, 1638x1246) Image search: [Google]
1445292477012.png
2 MB, 1638x1246
>thinking memerap and rock isn't dance music
>>
>>60497035
>LOOK
>HELICOPTERS
>LET'S DANCE
I could see MCDM becoming a thing.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.