[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IRL Vinyl 3x3 Thread! Let's follow a theme. Pick 9 records
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: Collage.png (2 MB, 999x953) Image search: [Google]
Collage.png
2 MB, 999x953
IRL Vinyl 3x3 Thread!

Let's follow a theme.
Pick 9 records from your collection that suit the following characteristics:

>most expensive/rare
Paul McCartney – Sweet Thrash
Bought in Burlington VT for $9. Still sealed, it could be sold for roughly $1,500.
>most important/significant to you personally
Slowdive – Souvlaki
Saw them live in Montreal the day before major brain surgery, and the band signed the record after the show, wishing me good luck with the procedure. It was their first show in Quebec and they were met warmly. "Best wishes."
>nicest package [design, colour, etc.]
Explosions in the Sky – Take Care, Take Care, Take Care
This double LP folds out into a house, and side D has an awesome wooden floor etching. Pretty nice!
>most eccentric/weird
Fin – The Nus
A noise 7" bolted between two sheets of corrugated plastic. It's great. Basically sounds like dragging concrete over asphalt.
>pleb/guilty pleasure item
Iron Maiden – Killers
My dad's favourite meal. He boasted that he could play it straight through on the drums when he was a teenager, and it was his first music gift to me. I like it unironically.
>local band [or an artist from your country if not applicable]
Solids – Blame Confusion
A two-piece punk band from Montreal. They played a $10 show recently and I got the record signed. Great guys!
>most played/favourite
Goldmund – The Malady of Elegance
This record only gets better with each listen. The surface noise makes it endlessly better than a digital copy.
>notable recent purchase
Alvin Lucier – I Am Sitting in a Room
An interesting sound experiment from the early 80s that aims to represent a room's acoustics by having a small speech played into a room and recorded again, multiple times.
>wild card; anything you want to talk about
Current 93 – I Have a Special Plan for This World
A spoken world album I find hair-raising. It's the most eerie record I own.
>>
For ease of posting:

>most expensive/rare
>most eccentric/weird
>most played/favourite
>notable recent purchase
>>
File: IMG_20151120_005328.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151120_005328.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>most expensive/rare
The Mars Volta - Deloused In The Comatorium gold vinyl (according to discogs)
Do Make Say Think - s/t because it's one of my favourite albums and the packaging is fucking cool
For colour, Brian Jonestown Massacre's Who Killed Sgt. Pepper
For packaging, Do Make Say Think - s/t
>most eccentric/weird
Musically probably Faust - s/t
As far as record's in general, I have a big band record that featured 2 or 3 drummers, and I have an album by an anon who wasn;t selling any on his bandcamp
Duran Duran - s/t is probably the most pleb thing I have and it's great. That, or U2's Boy
The Dirty Nil - s/t EP
>most played/favourite
Do Make Say Think - s/t, but a favourite right now is Broken Social Scene's You Forgot It In People
>notable recent purchase
Last time I bought vinyl was more than a month ago, nothing too special
I will be forever searchin for a copy of Talk Talk's Laughing Stock. Any pressing, I don't care at this point.
>>
>>60490825
Great taste anon, huge fan of Solids. Got to see them when I was up in Montreal not too long ago myself.
>>
>>60491307
Nice picks man, had no idea Laughing Stock was so expensive as a first pressing. Here's hoping you find it someday.
>>
>>60490825

>I Have A Special Plan... LP

Fuck I'm jelly.
>>
>>60490825
>most expensive/rare
either Come my Fanatics $38 with purple/gold marbled or the black version of Electric Mud
(should I buy Their Satanic Majesties Request original in perfect conidtion for $30 even though I dont like the rolling stones?)
>most important/significant
I have sgt peppers and ITCOTCK like everyone else does
>nicest package
that goes to come my fanatics (or my pristine king crimson), gatefold, colored vinyl, inserts
>most eccentric/wierd
nothing much, I got Shockabilly heaven/Vietnam though
>guilty pleasure
hotel california or american fool
>local
none, but the closest would be my flaming lips stuff, 2 hours from OKC
>most played/favorite
either Larks Tongue in Aspic or ICOTCK
>notable recent purchase
a 2nd copy of tubular bells, another mike oldfield album, and a Santana/John McLaughlin album (mahavishnu guitarist)
>wild card
I have Zappa/Beafheart album
its pretty fucking good
>>
>>60491449
>I have a Zappa/Beefheart album
I'm assuming you mean Bongo Fury, right? That's a solid album m8
>>
>>60491466
yes sir
>>
>>60490825
maaaaan this is a lot of work.
>>
>>60491489
it really isnt
>>
>>60491449
>(should I buy Their Satanic Majesties Request original in perfect conidtion for $30 even though I dont like the rolling stones?)
anyone?
>>
>>60491471
That album's fuckin tasty mane, love me some Advance Romance.
>>
File: vin33.jpg (481 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
vin33.jpg
481 KB, 2448x2448
>Expensive/rare
Striborg - Embittered Darkness
It's not that rare or expensive, but I think it's the most I paided for a record. Nice packaging.
>Most Important
The Glow pt.2. It's one of my favorite albums.
>Nicest Packaging.
GY!BE - F#A#
Comes with the squashed penny, as well as lots of other cool things. Fantastic packaging.
>Most Eccentric/weird
Bad photo so you can't see the cover but it's Mlehst. I weird but cool noise artist, I think from Germany.
>Pleb plessures
Yung Lean - Unknown Memory.
>Local Band
Tough Age - s/t. Local band.
>Most played
Another favorite, Elliott Smith - s/t. Beautiful album, I've listened to it 100's of times.
>Recent
Dopesmoker. Picked it up used, pretty cheap. Beautiful blue vinyl cover and nice packaging.
>Wild Card
Yellow Swans - Going Places
I love this album, and the packaging is minimal but fantastic. The record its self is clear and beautiful.

>>60490825
First of all, cool idea for a thread OP. You have some fantastic records. And don't feel guilty for Iron Maiden, it's great.
>>60491307
Really jealous of that Do Make Say Think record.
>>
>>60491798
It's a good one man, I got mine on their site, and for a great price for what you get imo
>>
>>60491798
OP here, thanks, and I wanted to mention that I share your love for the GYBE LP. Bought my copy in Montreal at Cheap Thrills, where some staff is actually working for [or has worked with] GYBE's label. They recommended Set Fire to Flames for a similar vibe to this record and you should give it a listen.
>>
File: postmathrock.jpg (741 KB, 1433x1303) Image search: [Google]
postmathrock.jpg
741 KB, 1433x1303
Too lazy to take a new one so here's one a made that's post-rock mixed with other differnet stuff for each ones
>>
>>60491936
>mouse on the keys
My nigga. Denovali Records is a gold mine.
>>
File: spurdo.jpg (34 KB, 448x357) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.jpg
34 KB, 448x357
>most expensive/rare
Nothing stands out too much here. Maybe my OG pressing of Dave Brubeck's Time Out in VG+/NM- condition http://www.discogs.com/sell/release/2676016?ev=rb
Enter The 36 Chambers because it was my first record.
DangerDOOM's The Mouse & the Mask. All the different colored sleeves are very nice.
>most eccentric/weird
Turk Murphy's Live Perofrmance at the Cinegrill. A discogs page doesn't even exist for it.
Andrew Jackson Jihad's debut, Mac Demarco's salad days, and some Nine Inch Nails.
Live next to L.A. so a lot of stuff applies here
>most played/favourite
Return To Forever's Romantic Warrior
Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon
Shabazz Palaces's Black Up
David Bowie's Heroes
>notable recent purchase
Just received Madlib's Shades Of Blue and Chick Corea's Return To Forever today.
http://www.discogs.com/user/PotatoFam/collection
Here's my extremely weird collection
>>
>>60490825
have you actually read The Recognitions? No shade, genuinely curious.
>>
>>60492195
>ajj debut
Candy cigs and capguns?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.