[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right, /mu/? http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/ 11/j
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
Is he right, /mu/?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/11/jimmy-iovine-believes-finding-music-is-very-difficult-for-women/
>>
File: fuck.png (101 KB, 684x804) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
101 KB, 684x804
fuck this world
>>
No, nobody who works for Apple music is right about anything, especially when it comes to creating algorithms that try to control the interests of the consumer.
>>
Obviously the usual #notallwomen caveats apply. but generally women don't get deep and nerdy into music like some men do, so I could see how curation and music discovery services would be suited to them.

Trust that the Apple Music minds have the market analytics and data showing how people consume music. But of course the minority of particularly media-savvy women are going to be as mouthy as possible over the fact that they're the exception to the trend, like it matters at all in the big picture.
>>
>>60489968
Don't know who that is, but I agree with him. The majority of women have terrible taste in everything.
>>
No, he's wrong I've gotten a lot of good recs from girls. In fact I've known more guys that like shitty pop music than girls.
>>
>>60489968
Is this the guy that signed Dr. Dre in Straight Outta Compton?
>>
>>60490041
>>60490130
T H E S E
H
E
S
E
>>
>>60490138
Sweet anecdote bro. I've never received a good rec from a girl in my LIFE. So he's right.
>>
the bands girls have recommended to me are Alt-J, Mumford and Sons, Fun, and a bunch of other tumblrcore bs. There was this one girl I knew in hs that liked CAN, and Talking Heads but she dropped out and ran away with her 25 year old black boyfriend lol
>>
I've been recommended Tool, Leftover Crack, The Cure and CocoRosie by chicks.
>>
my grandma would have trouble finding music too

she barely knows what a google is
>>
>>60490157
Don't you mean, in real life? That's based on a true story you know that right?
>>
>>60490397
Like said in >>60490655?
>>
>>60490655
Go blog about it, cunt
>>
File: spaghett.gif (399 KB, 463x339) Image search: [Google]
spaghett.gif
399 KB, 463x339
Is it true that women have a harder time finding new music than men? Almost undeniably.

Was this put diplomatically? Not at all.

This is surprising, because his entire career has been built on being a prudent manipulator. His philanthropic contribution to the world being to build the "Jimmy Iovine and Andre Young Academy for Arts, Technology and the Business of Innovation" at USC whose stated purpose is "to shape the future by nurturing the talents, passions, leadership and risk-taking of uniquely qualified students who are motivated to explore and create new art forms, technologies, and business models", Iovine was best known pre-Beats for forming the infamous Interscope Records, perhaps the label most responsible for the '4 majors' model which exists in the industry today. He made a killing off of it, as well as selling corporate-designed style (re: mediocre headphones), and has done nothing that could possibly be interpreted as good for the world of music, or the world in general.
>>
>>60490987
please don't be jewish, please don't be jewish...

god fucking damnit. I'm a liberal in most respects, but this is just too much. every fucking time.
>>
>>60491035

he was born in brooklyn go figure
>>
>>60490138
Post your top 5 albums
>>
>>60491035
There are plenty of people who aren't Jewish who are rich and horrible people. Remember Scrooge? From a Christmas Carole? Stop being so anti semitic goyim oy veeyyyy
>>
Recs from chicks: Breath Carolina, Coldplay, Fallout boy

Yeah he's probably right.
>>
File: teddy.jpg (15 KB, 374x250) Image search: [Google]
teddy.jpg
15 KB, 374x250
>>60491103
hahaha
>>
>>60491241
>implying coldplay doesn't have some quality songs, albeit not their popular ones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSZEA1TVnL8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3pJZSTQqIg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6xMgHoZmkw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmyq9tIiu8g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar48yzjn1PE
>>
>>60491342
I wouldn't say coldplay is bad. I actually enjoy some of their stuff. It's just that they're rather popular and I was talking about how chicks son't seem to dig as deep for new music.

I don't want to imply that they're a bad band all the time.
>>
my music taste is largely influenced by stalking qts on last.fm. its how i discover most bands.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 335x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 335x439
>>60490774
>CocoRosie
Didnt expected less from a cunt
>>
>>60490397
>implying you talk to girls
>>
>>60490655
Talking heads and can are shit.
>>
>>60491035
He has an Italian last name but is somehow Jewish. Wut?
>>
>>60492635
When Jews get into power, the drop the stein or berg and pick something american.
If you're ever watching a movie and see the last name "Katz", it's DEFINITELY a jew who did this.
>>
>>60492635

90% of jews are descended from converts, don't fall for the jews aren't white meme.
>>
>>60489968
Pretty much
It's not going to do anything to mitigate the flow of people acting like he's said something everyone doesn't already know, but the fact is that in general most people don't know how to find music outside of Top 40, and it wouldn't surprise me if market research shows there's a large untapped market of women who would be willing to spend more money on music if they were guided through the process by a big name like Apple
This dude might have just fucked his job though, or this will blow over in a week. Either way, this is barely worth talking about
>>
>>60492635
>He has an Italian last name
>Lovine
>Levine
Get it?
>>
File: 038 - 99sXSZF.png (17 KB, 360x483) Image search: [Google]
038 - 99sXSZF.png
17 KB, 360x483
>>60492711
>90% of jews are descended from converts
>>
>>60492711
good. i dont need another minority talking about how white people are ruining their lives.

I wish Indians and Middle easterners were counted as white just so the ones who bitch to the majority have to be bitched at by the minority
>>
anne frank didnt even listen to itaots
>>
>>60489968
not really
anyone, either male or female, who has never listened to shit outside of the pop spoonfed to them has 'trouble' finding music, because they have no idea how to start

i think its more of an age thing than a gender thing, pretty much everyone under 18 i know likes terrible music regardless of gender while people my age are generally into objectively better artists
>>
>>60493221
are you kidding? I've never met anyone over the age of 30 who has even half decent taste in music
>>
>>60493271
im not 30, im 22
>>
I actually respect most women in that they dont dedicate their time to just one thing, like music.
>>
>>60493418
women don't dedicate their time to anything besides their social status :)
>>
>>60492723
Jimmy Lovine is a billionaire and can fucking say whatever he wants
>>
>>60490130
Yes it's difficult because instead of nerding out about obscure band #2942 they're working their careers and advancing in life.

Statistics seem to say so, anyway.
>>
>>60493792
>teenagers don't dedicate their time to anything besides their social status :)
ftfy
>>
he is kinda half right. I mean at least with my bros I can easily open their mind to music if i play shit like the melvins,wipers or even aphex twin,autechre if they like edm

with girls it's always based on their current mood. and that changes very rapidly,
>>
>>60495273
I have a sister, would try to play old CDs of accesible bands like Beirut while dropping her off at high school, shed say shit like "turn this Mexican music off ugh"
>>
>>60495458
yeah thats happens alot.
but I'm not saying it's a taste thing. IMO it's harder to really predict what type of music any girl would like. I know girls who like tim hecker and ben frost. but then I meet girls who dress like grimes and think twenty one pilots and halsey is hardcore shit

very weird.
>>
>>60494161
Butthurt woman detected
>>
>>60494161
>Yes it's difficult because instead of nerding out about obscure band #2942 they're working their careers and advancing in life.

yes/ this is what most women do
>>
>>60495273
not really you have to look at the facts and then think about how the data is collected. It's a matter of gender neutral perspective
>>
>>60495235
> implying most women are child like in their thought process
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.