[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do /mu/ think about The Residents?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 114880.jpg (395 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
114880.jpg
395 KB, 1920x1080
I really love these guys, their videos and performances are totally from another world (a superior world).
>>
HERE I COME CONSTANTINOPLE
>>
>>60485959
*istanbul
>>
Friendly reminder that Homer Flynn is the architect of the entire group.
>>
I saw them live once. I felt a fusion of comedy, and total tragedy.
>>
File: MIK_5934 (1).jpg (1 MB, 1200x797) Image search: [Google]
MIK_5934 (1).jpg
1 MB, 1200x797
>>60486011
and he is too damn beautyful.
>>
Not Available is their best album
>>
SPOT DE ROT
>>
>>60487552

Hi Scaruffi
>>
>>60487552
True
>>
The Residents are stupid. and I know that's the point, but that almost makes it worse
>>
>>60487552
no.
>>
>>60487603

>I know that's the point

it's not
>>
>>60487672
Then the point is that there's no point, which is stupid
>>
>>60487705
>i don't get it, therefore it has no purpose and it's stupid

o lord
>>
WE GOT THE N-ER-GEE
CRISIS BLUES
>>
I drank a beer with one of them in 2011 in London, only found out at the end night
>>
>>60487705

The Resident's music (especially Not Available) is very experimental and avant-garde and complex, the point is to break down typical rock conventions and channel art music through a rock album format. It is also meant to make art from chaos and psychosis, as opposed to love and happiness.
>>
I like it
>>
>>60487635
what is then?
>>
>>60487635
>>60488361
I actually wanna know your opinion and why. Ive only listened to eskimo and Not Available and thoroughly enjoyed both so I wanna know where I should go next.
>>
>>60488640
Those are their two best imo, listen to Duck Stab and Meet The Residents next
>>
>>60488361
>>60488640

I think Not Available is good, but I prefer a few other albums more, off the top of my head, Commercial Album, Duck Stab, Third Reich & Roll and God in Three persons come to mind.
>>
>>60488735
>>60488794
alright thank you! ill probably listen to duck stab since both of you mentioned it
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.