[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Piero Scaruffi: >I believe that the so-called shoegaze movement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: piero.jpg (3 KB, 160x156) Image search: [Google]
piero.jpg
3 KB, 160x156
Piero Scaruffi:

>I believe that the so-called shoegaze movement of bands is essentially just a gang of pretentious art school kids trying to create noise, but they're putting emphasis on some sort of cool, mysterious, sexy factor by obscuring the vocals and creating some hazy, druggy "atmosphere". Every one of these bands seem to have this woman in the front, acting provocatively on stage, wearing tons of makeup, and making some type of peculiar moaning tribal sex noise instead of singing legible lyrics. Underneath all the noise and obscured vocals, it's just your basic pop-rock, just pure bubblegum pop that's been peddled on your local radio station by the record company for the past 50 years. Same song structure, same basic premise at the core of it. But since there's a loud reverb-laden guitar it's so deep, so original, so creative.

>When people regard a group like Slowdive or Lush or Jesus and Mary Chain or My Bloody Valentine as the pinnacle of noise, or call these groups innovative and challenging in any way, I throw up in my mouth a little. People regard this mindless pop as noise, instead of listening to an actual noise group like The Jesus Lizard or Big Black. This shit is the reason that the development of British music has stagnated over the past 15 years, and will continue to do so.
>>
>>60480994
but it was steve "hammer in pants" albini what wrote that
>>
He agrees with me when I say Hell Awaits is negligible and ranking it against Reign in Blood is a good nitwit repellant.
>>
>>60480994
agreed with everything stated
>>
I agree with it all and still love shoegaze and play in a cosmicdust ripoff band.
>>
>>60480994
He's right about British music for sure, but calling shoegaze "pop" is him just being a delusional old man.
>>
b-but then why did he give loveless a 9/10
>>
>>60481096
>shoegaze
>not pop
>>
>>60481096
>shoegaze isn't pop
lmao
>>
>>60480994
>rates Loveless 9/10
>rates Isn't Anything 8/10
>rates Just For A Day 8/10

Stop memeing
>>
Loveless is one of his top 25 albums tho.
>>
>>60480994
>>60480994
lmao this is so true
>>
>an actual noise group like The Jesus Lizard or Big Black.

scruffy confirmed for plen
>>
>>60480994
he never said that shit
>>
https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S60201061
http://sheekyforums.com/thread/60201061/music/why-shoegaze-is-the-most-faux-intellectual-piece.html

What the fuck?
>>
>>60481863
You honestly didnt know about this? Are you a crossposter or something?
>>
>>60482147
>sheekyforums is that old
Been here since 2014, but why would someone even bother doing that?
>>
File: 1366365855833.jpg (47 KB, 700x305) Image search: [Google]
1366365855833.jpg
47 KB, 700x305
>Caring about people who misrepresent a genre entirely to discredit it
>Agreeing with these people as if the argument is valid.

Seriously /mu/? Even if Scaruffi did say this what the hell does it matter?
>>
>>60480994
Scaruffi is the Louis CK of music criticism. A disgusting c.uck

on top of that, the jesus lizard is absolutely awful
>>
ITT idiots who will believe anything
>>
>>60480994

This is fake, Scaruffi has Loveless on his greatest albums of all time list.
>>
>>60481018
I would actually be live this, especially for the "rather listen to big black" part.
>>
THE
>>
File: scaruffi.png (78 KB, 258x204) Image search: [Google]
scaruffi.png
78 KB, 258x204
The fact that so many Americans still believe it should be illegal to marry a 12-year-old only tells you how far America still is from becoming a serious culture. The Europeans have long recognized that the greatest relationships of all times are between male adults and female adolescents, who are the most biologically fit to produce offspring, as well as the most physically attractive. Followers of the Muslim faith rank the highly controversial Aisha over all of their prophet Mohammed’s other wives, who were far past the prime age for reproduction. Americans are still blinded by puritan values. Adult females are more mentally developed than adolescents (not true, by the way), therefore they must be the greatest partners. Europeans engaged in relationships with adolescent European girls in the middle ages, radical Islamists engage in relationships with adolescent Muslim girls in the present. Americans are often totally ignorant of the virtues of relationships with adolescent girls, they barely know the biological benefits. No wonder they will think that sexual relations with 12-year-old girls should be criminalized.
>>
>>60480994
opinion discarded since he fellated loveless to no end.
>>
>>60481192
woah woah woah bud what the actual fuck are you implying about The Jesus Lizard and/or Big Black
>>
he actually swore, absolute madman
>>
>>60484862
7/10 would read again
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.