[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only person on /mu/ that uses Google Music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: nowaydude.png (1 MB, 1921x1013) Image search: [Google]
nowaydude.png
1 MB, 1921x1013
Am I the only person on /mu/ that uses Google Music?
>>
>>60477089
yes
>>
I'm not sure why it seems to have so little support. I like it, both in terms of how it works and how it looks, a lot better than spotify. It has about the same price point, and it comes with ad-free youtube as well. I know most people on here download their music and use a music player.
>>
Orange is fucking ugly, and it replaces the songs you upload with the songs it has on your servers. Most of the time this is OK, but I have a few songs that aren't the correct songs. Black Skinhead is some weird remix with acoustic guitar added and the entire Graduation album is censored.
>>
>>60477216
Weird, I've never seen that. I've only ever uploaded a couple of albums though.

I *have* had them remove albums without notifying me or anything - it just disappears from my library and the service. Tengger Cavalry's whole discog disappeared one time, and then came back.

I think the orange looks okay, but that's mostly just a subjective minor cosmetic thing. I wonder if it has an option for skinning it?
>>
>>60477216
**on their servers, whoops
>>
File: n7player_2.jpg (399 KB, 700x584) Image search: [Google]
n7player_2.jpg
399 KB, 700x584
Are you even trying?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n7mobile.nplayer
>>
>>60478101
>>
File: 1436031262401.jpg (17 KB, 260x384) Image search: [Google]
1436031262401.jpg
17 KB, 260x384
>>60478101
did you really think this looks good ?
>>
>>60477089
No, I just use it as a backup + to play music because I don't feel like paying for a larger SD card. Radio is also pretty neat.

>>60477216
>>60477262
THIS SHIT FUCKING SUCKS, THOUGH!!!

I wish there was a way to disable it.
>>
>>60478101
this looks so fucking bad
>>
>>60477089
Nope. Use it every day. I have all my music uploaded to it. Really convenient because I can access everything from all my Google devices.
>>
>>60477216
you have to make sure to check off explicit in the metadata to avoid that happening
>>
I have 3 months of google music for free due to owning a nexus 5x phone, it's pretty comfy. I'd say the only issue I've come across so far is the recommendations, I accidentally listened to a few pop songs, and now that's all google music seems to recommend.
>>
>>60477089
You have the most neck beard music taste I have ever seen. How are you on mu
>>
>>60479279
I've been coming to mu pretty regularly for a while. A tripfag on here, raziel, introduced me to most of the non-bluegrass music in my library

the bluegrass is just cause I play banjo and mandolin

and everything else is just random stuff I thought sounded nice
>>
>>60477089
Why the fuck are retards using these shitty stream players now? Why the fuck do you need streaming service when you can get literally get any album from the archive, rutracker, what.cd in a matter of seconds?
>>
>>60479329
takes a lot more effort to use those than to just type in "artist name - album name" and hit play

plus this way i have instant access to my library from any computer and my phone
>>
i use it as a back up but the android and ios app are terrible. switched from android to ios because i love the wireless itunes sync. plus the iphone's music app is really nice and is not fucking hideous like every droid app.

>ib4 power amp

i used it for 3 years it's shit compared to iphones stock app.
>>
>>60479375
Until you don't have internet, right? Or start exploring anything remotely obscure. Or until their servers go down. Or when you have to pay money for music.

>effort
>literally takes one minute tops

K
>>
File: cc.png (2 MB, 1919x977) Image search: [Google]
cc.png
2 MB, 1919x977
>>60477089
I use google music to sync to my phone or if I'm using a public pc. I use foobar at home
>>
>>60479452
> don't have internet

I can't think of any time in the last like two years where I have been without internet for more than 24 hours, and most of those times I was away from home. But I was still able to play music from my phone because you can download albums for offline play

> remotely obscure
It has the neofolk and avant-garde shit I like, very rarely have I been unable to find an album on it. The few times I have been unable, I was able to get a copy from a sharethread or something and upload it, then have it in my library like all the other albums

> servers go down
> google
kek

> have to pay money
$10/month for a nice streaming service and coincidentally ad-free youtube is totes worth it. What are you, poor?

> one minute
one minute > ~10 seconds
>>
>>60479540
Youtube is ad-free with adblock already, Why would i pay $10 a month for that.
>>
>>60479540
shaming someone for being poor is fucked up bro
>>
>>60479592
i don't expect everybody to, but I just prefer not to bother with ad-block

And considering that's just a nice bonus to a service that comes at the same price-point as spotify, I'd say it's worth
>>
i use it on my phone because i dont care enough to change it
>>
>>60478101
holy shit, that looks like trash
>>
I use it only to sync shit with my phone. It's nice for that at least, but the browser UI is dogshit. There's not enough vertical space and the dumb artist bubbles take up too much space and there's no way of changing it.
>>
I use it to mirror my music library for when my iPod battery dies.
>>
>>60479646
You prefer not to bother with adblock? Do you even use the internet outside of Facebook and youtube? Every time I use someone else's computer for any reason and they don't have adblock I'm always appalled by the popups and ugly ads everywhere. There's really no good reason not to use it.
>>
>>60480330
idk i just reflexively ignore ads

whenever I visit a news website I get annoyed because they have intrusive pop-ups

but for the most part they're the same as wainscotting and homeless people: part of the easily-ignored background
>>
>>60479637
fuck off with your safe spaces
>>
File: 1420496717891.jpg (52 KB, 592x754) Image search: [Google]
1420496717891.jpg
52 KB, 592x754
>>60477089
I thought I was the only one
>>
>>60479646
>but I just prefer not to bother with ad-block
it literally takes a few clicks to install adblock
>>
File: 1434242096955.jpg (52 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1434242096955.jpg
52 KB, 640x640
>>60478101
>>
>>60477089
No, I'm using it right now, I really enjoy it IDK what problem >>60477250 is having
I just do the same thing as this nigger >>60479488
>>
i use it, I'm pretty happy with it
>>
>>60479488
honestly the worst taste i have ever seen on this board
even the most obnoxious p4k drone is better than you
>>
I've had it since it started. Just got an Iphone so I am trying out Apple Music. Think i'll go back to Google though.
>>
>>60477089
I use it primarily as a backup
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.