[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've got less than 15 GBs left on my hard drive, and I can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: low-disk-space.jpg (11 KB, 286x163) Image search: [Google]
low-disk-space.jpg
11 KB, 286x163
I've got less than 15 GBs left on my hard drive, and I can download that much music on a good weekend. I noticed that I still have all the .zip files from when I got stuff from the archive instead of soulseek, so a good sized chunk of my music is taking up twice as much space as it should. Should I hang on to the zips as backups and just cool down on music until I can get a new drive for Christmas, or should I say fuck it and clear up space now?
>>
give me one good reason to keep the zip files.
>>
Get rid of the zips you spoonfed retard.
>>
Clear it up, you don't need a backup anyway
>>
>>60475120
Like I said, backup. I remember about a year ago I lost everything that was on my desktop, including all my music, but I still had the zips so I was able to get almost all of it back
>>
>>60475125
Even if you do need a back up, you certainly don't need hundreds of gigabytes of zips on your main hard-drive. Delete them and move on, OP.
>>
>>60475152
Really, that's not a good reason. Pretty much no one has backup files of music they have. Erase em
>>
>>60475108
upload the zip to mega and delete it
>>
File: 1447868121781.gif (737 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
1447868121781.gif
737 KB, 200x250
>keeping backups on the same drive as what they're supposed to be backing up
>>
File: 1447863015709.gif (2 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1447863015709.gif
2 MB, 360x240
>>60475108
>not having an external hard drive
>>
>>60475186
this, stop being such a fucking dweeb and get on that shit
>>
>>60475186
I'm broke as fuck. that's why I pirate so much music, cause I can't afford to buy it
Should be getting a new hard drive for christmas though
>>
File: .jpg (23 KB, 440x143) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
23 KB, 440x143
I hate this, I have to constantly delete things and I already only have music on this.

>inb4 external hard drive
I want to be able to have all my music in one place without the constant need to connect a hard drive. It's a laptop after all, I want to easily travel with it.
>>
>not using a music streaming service such as Apple Music, Spotify etc...
>not paying for 1tb of dropbox cloud storage to back up important files
>2015

J U S T
>>
>>60475536
>mac
Found your problem senpai.
>>
>>60475552
>not making one payment or $100 for 3TB of space and pirating all the music you want
>>
>>60475557
Yeah, I'm a sucker for iTunes and it works great in combination with other  products.
>>
File: 1429500633030.jpg (109 KB, 350x440) Image search: [Google]
1429500633030.jpg
109 KB, 350x440
>>60475536
>500gb harddrives
>>
>>60475186
/thread
i have two incase one breaks and upload everything to google play music too. i pretty much would kill myself if i lost all my music.
>>
post before me mentions this but why not upload your music to google play? it's free for the first 50k songs and will automatically do it for albums you get later
>>
>>60475152
If your drive crashes and you lose your music, you lose your ZIPs too. They aren't worth keeping, shred them.
>>
>>60475226
No, you piratecmusic because you're a fucking jew. There are plenty of poor people who dont pirate music so stop pretending you have no choice in the matter you cunt.
>>
>>60475792
>spend money on music instead of basic necessities you jew!
;∆)
>>
You're not fucking listening to 7.5 GB of music a day. That's ridiculous. How about you just go back on all the shit you have and fucking enjoy some of it an actually deep level?

Also, you will enjoy music more if you pay for it. It's a cheap psychological thing, but its true. You'll value it more and you'll give it the attention that would actually make sense if you loved music.

(But most importantly listen to your music before going out and downloading 15 GB of more shit you won't listen to. I know this one guy who says he loves movies, but he spends more time reorganizing the Criterions on his shelf than fucking sitting down and enjoying one of them).
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.