[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are pitchfork ratings so high now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: We know you browse it.jpg (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
We know you browse it.jpg
24 KB, 512x512
Has music become that fantastic in 2015?
Or just Pitchforks standards lower?
Some years ago the average rating was about 6.2.
Now look at the ratings for today (Nov 19): 8.0, 7.8, 8.2, 7.2, 7.2.
Im not saying that they are unjustified - i never heard those (rather unknown) albums, and i probably never will.
But, again, what is up with that rating hyperinflation?
>>
>p4k
>>
>>60475058
>noticing
>caring
>>
>>60475058
they are basically entry level criticism. they can't lower the average or they'll lose their mainstream status.

also no one should care about this shit
>>
>>60475058
p4k is shit stop going on that site.
just read rym reviews
>>
>>60475107
this tbqh
>>
>>60475058
>>60475096
>>60475101
>>60475107
their scores haven't gone up they've gone down
in their early days they gave out tons of 10's and from like 2004-2009 they were still giving a lot of upper 9's to albums

you're just fucking newfags who haven't really studied anything
>>
>>60475196
Yep
OP needs to listen to the first album ever given a 10 by pitchfork: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC8GeRm-nIU&index=2&list=PLBc1-5rIaB5cJskXijtRRbJU95OcT_wTW
>>
>>60475196
it's really hard to insult people if you pay attention to pitchfork in the first place
>>
>>60475196
>studying shitfork
that's a laugh
>>
>>60475196
STUDYING
T
U
D
Y
I
N
G
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.