[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the proper thing to do when a friend shows you music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: !.jpg (70 KB, 400x372) Image search: [Google]
!.jpg
70 KB, 400x372
What's the proper thing to do when a friend shows you music and you hate it? My good buddy played some Twenty One Pilots for me the other day, I had never heard their music before and I just ripped into it. Afterwards I felt pretty guilty though, my friend doesn't have the best self-esteem and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. It was just awful though. What do you do?
>>
"this is alright man, not really my thing tho"
pretty easy dude
>>
>>60474996
But do you feel there's a point where you need to step in and explain how shitty something is? My friend doesn't listen to much music besides butt rock and metal, lately I've been trying to get him into more stuff but then he went and found twenty one pilots on reddit or something. I don't know, I felt like I had to save him before he embarrassed himself.
>>
>>60475084
just ask yourself if you would rather have friends at all or be an ass about music
>>
>>60475093
You're right. I'm probably just autistic.
>>
>>60475084
being a dick isn't the best way to convince someone to give your stuff a go.
>>
>>60475084
>I felt like I had to save him before he embarrassed himself.
Embarrassed himself? Holy crap, nobody irl gives a shit about music taste, and even then 70% wouldnt even know who 21 pilots are and 25% would consider them cool, tone down your autism.
And if you want to show him something dont go "yours is shit mine is good", say "ey check this out" and do so with something good that is somewhat similar to his taste. Anyway just dont be a sperg about it.
>>
i mean sometimes i listen to shit i don't like then a few years ago i'm into it so i'd probably make a comment like it reminds me of x, nice guitar or whatever.
>>
>>60474987
man you blew it. should have said this is not bad but kinda kiddie for my taste. then show him le death grips

could have a noided brother in arms
>>
>>60475286
i meant a few years later.
>>
>has friend
>doesn't know enough not to sperg out over music
i'm a complete social retard and even I know not to pull shit like that
>>
>>60474987
convert him to /mu/ core
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.