[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
amazing lyrics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: a0736102743_16.jpg (116 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a0736102743_16.jpg
116 KB, 700x700
There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind.
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others
>>
sounds like cormac mccarthy
>>
>>60473913
i've actually never read anything by him, but if it sounds similar to this then i'm definitely down. where's a good place to start? i hear blood meridian is good
>>
>We hold an honorary degree in natural science
>For stratigraphy of rock bottom
>The layers were aplenty, as above, so below
>But mostly below

10/10 guys
really out did yourselves there
>>
>>60473948
blood meridian is definitely a masterpiece but it might be hard to sink your teeth into because of his style. id recommend starting with something less philosophical and working your way to it. your best bet is to probably start with No Country for Old Men or The Road, theyre pretty easy to get into.
obviously you can just start with Blood Meridian but it has lots of abstract moments with characters talking about God and life and fate that's always hard for me to understand
>>
>>60473972
I'm 3/4 of the way through Blood Meridian and while some of the prose is beautiful, I'm getting a bit bored of the continual violence with nothing seeming to advance, or is that the point?
>>
>>60473972
sweet thanks for the tip m8
>>
>>60473987

>with nothing seeming to advance

You just need to work on developing your aesthetic sensibility if you'd like to possess some nuance for reading. Most of the time if lack of plot is a main point of criticism that a reader holds for a work it speaks more about the quality of the reader than the work.

Not meaning for this to sound too confrontational; it's the truth.
>>
>>60473987
i never really thought about it but yeah i guess it is. i mean the core essence of the book is a bunch of savage vagrants looking for any excuse to kill and killing most anyone they see. almost all of his other works have characters with set goals though and the main characters arent depraved, except for Child of God which is just fuckt
>>
Through hallways carved in a crystal
On to the uttermost parts of the pit
Jostling through cadavers of former selves
You would swear there's amusement in the eyes of the dead

every lyric on this album is str8 fire
>>
>>60474029
just like when people on here criticize music for being too boring
>>
I don't feel and it feels great
I sold my atlas by the freight stairs
I do lines and I crossed roads
I crossed the lines of all the great state roads
>>
>>60474029
No need to be a condescending pal. I'm enjoying a lot of the book but reading different ways to smash a baby's skull open is getting a bit tiresome. there just doesnt seem to be much character development, they're just horrible human beings continuing along that track.
Like I said though, I'm not finished yet so I'll withhold judgement until then.
>>
>>60474029
That's pretty pretentious m8, not saying you're wrong but it is undoubtedly high-horsed no matter how you slice it
>>
>>60474073
isaac brock is easily one of my favorite lyricists

The universe works on a math equation
that never even ever really even ends in the end
Infinity spirals out creation
We're on the tip of its tongue, and it is saying
We ain't sure where you stand
You ain't machines and you ain't land
And the plants and the animals, they are linked
And the plants and the animals eat each other
>>
>>60474108
Yeah honestly my favorite band just for the lyrics.
Sometimes all I really want to feel is love
Sometimes I'm angry that I feel so angry
Sometimes my feelings get in the way
Of what I really feel I needed to say
If you stand in a circle
Then you'll all have a back to bite
Back logged voices on the 7 wonders
We're all so funny but he's lost his joke now
A communication from the one lined joke
A stand up comic and a rock musician
Making so much noise you don't know when to listen
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 393x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 393x400
>>60473883
How can you smile and forecast
Weather's getting better
And you'll soon forget her
If you let the sunshine come through
How can you smile and forecast
Weather's getting better
If you never let a girl rain all over you
Just when I thought that my skies were a June July blue
One thousand umbrellas opened
Two thousand umbrellas opened
Ten thousand umbrellas opened to spoil the view
>>
>>60474131
>honestly my favorite band just for the lyrics.
that was me in high school. don't listen to them very often now but they still hold a special place in my heart
>>
>>60474080

>No need to be a condescending pal.

It would be truly condescending to placate you instead of challenging your notions. That's how we grow. I even made a point to be diplomatic about it.

>>60474104

>That's pretty pretentious m8
>not saying you're wrong

How is it pretentious if you're not even saying that I am wrong? Be honest here, this was an emotional reaction on your part to the post because you feel indicted.
>>
>>60474150
I started listening to them my senior year, but my taste in high school was pretty pleb. The only bands I still listen to from high school are like, kings of Leon (early years) and rhcp. Mostly listen to game ost's nowadays cus I can put it on and zone out
>>
>>60474177
Kneejerk response on my part tbf, after rereading it wasnt that bad all things considered
>>
WHY THEY PUT THE DICK IN THE PUSSY
>>
>>60474207

All good.

If you are a fan of Isaac Brock's lyrics you should try to get a copy of 'Actual Air' by David Berman. The guy from Silver Jews. You might like it.
>>
>>60474242
Will do, thanks.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.