[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DRUMMER GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: Bravanoise Gretch.jpg (119 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
Bravanoise Gretch.jpg
119 KB, 620x465
How good are your triplets, bros?
How many of us can actually do a double-stroke roll, or paradiddles?
>>
Lazy cocksuckers
>>
>>60470549
wait double stroke rolls and paradiddles are very simple
>>
I'm no good at paradiddling but I sure can paradiddle ur mom m8 ;^)
>>
>>60470549
Pretty much everyone that played percussion in my middle school band could do paradiddles.
>>
>>60470549
drum rudiments are easy as fuck dude
>>
>>60470805
It takes a while and lots of practice to be able to do a proper one, so perhaps not

>>60470830
I'd flam you into a brick wall if you did, niggerbitch
>>
>>60470875
Estimate the bpm you think you would be a able to do a single stroke roll, please?
>>
>>60470549
>rudiments
>>
>>60470888
She seemed quite satisfied though, let your mum have a lil' bit of fun once in awhile, sonny.
>>
what's that book for basic drum rudiments called? it's like essential rudiments for marching band or something like that idk
>>
>>60470902
passably around 120

not sure why i'd ever not double stroke though
>>
File: 1441131815947.jpg (29 KB, 439x415) Image search: [Google]
1441131815947.jpg
29 KB, 439x415
>>60470888
>wasting trips on salty bitch tears
>>
>>60470951
>>60470875
>watches Whiplash once
>>
drumming is gay lol learn a real instrument
>>
>>60470964
i played in school, but okay

you have to be a real dingus not to be able to grasp drum rudiments. one might say they're...rudimentary.

it's okay, though. not everybody is born with a natural sense of rhythm and tempo.
>>
>>60471005
rudiments like paradiddles are neither rhythm nor tempo
and only marching faggots learn that stuff in the beginning anyway
>>
i'm fuckin awful at drums but i still play them because i like to make noise. that being said, i do have decent triplet control. i never really play rudiments, but i have been practicing being able to do double and triple stroke patterns (not sure 3ple is a thing)
>>
>>60471384
but it helps to incorporate them into more complex pieces than whatever lazy rock grooves you've managed to eke out of whatever shit drum set you got last christmas
>>
>>60470549
Pretty good OP. My first teacher made me work on those a lot so they're solid. Now I tend to do a lot of sextuplets with double strokes, namely RLRLRR/LRLRLL and RLLRRL (I suck at the reverse). My single stroke rolls are what need work.

>be me
>never played percussion in a formal marching band or ensemble
>only had two teachers with whom I only took a few months' worth of lessons
>self-taught
>never owned my own set
>play at family's church regularly despite being an atheist
>played in a post-rock jam band but didn't record anything
>6 years now since I picked up the sticks
>I'm so fucking behind
whatever I'm still decent but fuck
>>
How good do you have to be to before you're as useful as a drum machine?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I53x3-cDK8

r8 my drumming from last year m8s. I swear its gotten better
>>
>>60471956
Asking the right questions
>>
>>60470951
Depends on what music you're playing really
If I'm blasting away at 120/240 in a death metal band I prefer going with the single stroke, it's so much easier to just move my hand from the ride because well I'm basically doing a single stroke roll already
If I'm going slower than that I usually go for a double stroke as well, or just and a triplet fill by double stroking with the left stick
>>
>>60471956
Learn ghost notes and you'll be better than a drum machine. Granted, you need to not have shitty timing and be able to jam.
>>
>>60471432
it is in jazz
listen to max roach play cherokee
>>
>>60471479
show me a rock song with a well-incorporated paradiddle
it can be any kind of rock
>>
>>60471982
7.5/10
Seriously sounds good, dude. Would jam with you as a guitarist.
>>
>>60471479
thats me:>>60471384
and no shit, its great important stuff.
i was just pointing out how massive a faggot you were by noting that paradiddles are neither rhythm nor tempo.
but it looks like you dont need any help demonstrating how big a faggot you are
ps, why dontcha come over and such my 15 year old gretsch bass drum
prolly fits.
>>
>>60472357
I'd say the middle of Roundabout by Yes uses paradiddles fairly well.
>>
>>60472357
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT8RSSikRUc
oh, im sure he found a place for at least one on some record . . .
>>
File: 1447735977551.jpg (21 KB, 502x384) Image search: [Google]
1447735977551.jpg
21 KB, 502x384
>bongo "people"
>>
learn from the best bois

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a_XVM7LGnk
>>
i learned how to play drums by playing rock band lmao

still suck at keeping time as you'd expect but i actually am pretty good at technical stuff, i don't have my own kit though so when i get a chance to play i mostly spend it playing along to songs i like
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnRBbZ6_kG8

dat gong hit tho
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.