[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst concert you've attended?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: concert-crowd.jpg (1 MB, 2290x1527) Image search: [Google]
concert-crowd.jpg
1 MB, 2290x1527
Worst concert you've attended?
>>
Arctic Monkeys in 2008 or 2009, fucking garbage.
>>
probably Joyce Manner
>>
Charli xcx while waiting for wolfmother at a festival. That woman is trash
>>
Muse at T in the Park
>>
eagles of death metal
>>
Bob Dylan. 2009. Couldn't understand one word he was saying. He needs to retire.
>>
File: lPWTdzbK.jpg (52 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
lPWTdzbK.jpg
52 KB, 600x338
>>
>>60470577
E to the D to the G to the Y
>>
Smash Mouth (shut up it was a free show)

I couldn't even sit through to the end to hear All-Star
>>
File: hehhe.jpg (35 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
hehhe.jpg
35 KB, 300x309
>>60470577
>>
>>60470539
Van Halen (pls don't judge), all David Lee Roth did was complain about how the air conditioning in the arena was "messing up his voice," and "how much he was practicing"
>>
>>60470539
Not surprising but Riff Raff

It took about 4 hours for him to actually get on the stage, he only did 4 songs, and apparently he was flirting with a bunch of college freshman girls backstage. Also several frat dicks got arrested for having a fight in the crowd
>>
>>60470570
>waiting for wolfmother
why
>>
File: 66580.png (1014 KB, 950x608) Image search: [Google]
66580.png
1014 KB, 950x608
>>60470577
>>
Foxygen by far
>>
Korn in 2007

Couldn't understand anything from Jonathan Davis' raspy voice
>>
>>60470667
Because I enjoy wolfmother
>>
Slipknot
I really enjoyed myself but when i become older and patrician i realized how bad of a time i actually had
>>
I didn't really like the Titus Andronicus concert I attended. I'm not sure what I was expecting from that, though.
>>
>>60470539
Xiu xiu opening for swans last year. Fucking horrible
>>
KISS
Mediocre concert and none of the band looked like they wanted to be there.
>>
>>60470690
>I had fun
>Then I started denying that I had fun
Are you 14
>>
>>60470570
if this was at groovin the moo and u saw wolfmother over broods then u fucked up son
>>
>>60470713
According to a friend who saw them they just played a bunch of static and screamed their vaginas off
>>
>>60470736
Yeah it was. Overall a pretty good festival this year. Wanted to see broods but wolfmother is a band I've always wanted to see live.
>>
POD, they were opening for System of a Down. Their shitty christian rock is the worst thing ever, they had a bunch of little kids come on stage and start dancing around them like faggots singing Youth of a Nation.
>>
>>60470713
>cannot into Jamie Stewart noise set
>>
>>60470690
>patrician
you know this is a meme right?

st vincent anco etc all memes
>>
Bones the memerapper last year
ever since then I stopped listening to hip hop
>>
The only really bad experience I've had was working at a bar at a festival like 200m away from the dubstep stage. That shit sounds bad enough without 200m of hot dusty air shitting up the sound.
>>
I was dragged by my buddy to see Blur at Madison Square Garden recently. Being up close to the front of the crowd was the funniest thing. There were only like 400 - 600 people there (MSG is 20,000+ capacity). Several people up front were trashing them, calling them cunts and cursing them out. One guy showed up with "Blur: are shite" shirts and tried to fight security members to get on stage and heckle the band.

As far as their set goes, the band came on late and played mainly songs from Parklife (the only Blur album I've ever heard). The singer sounded like he was a constipated 80 year old, the guitar was all out of tune and I couldn't even hear the bass. None of the band members seemed to be enjoying themselves and they repeatedly made mistakes. The only songs I recognized were Song 2, Girls and Boys, and Parklife, all of which were butchered miserably. The rest of the songs were very boring and sounded the same. The sound was far too quiet for the gig and most people around us began having a conversation. A lot of the crowd left after Parklife and even more so after Song 2, it seemed like there were probably less than 100 hardcore fans in an audience. The show closer was an anti-climax and singer walked off the second the show was done and the rest of the band shortly followed suit, no acknowledgement of the fans, whatsoever.
>>
I saw some local band in a basement and the guitarist's amp blew in the first 30 seconds of the song.
>>
>>60470823
was the crowd the worst thing ever
i can't imagine a crowd at a bones concert ever being good
>>
>>60470763
>anon is jelly he didn't get called up to dance
>>
File: FUCK.png (147 KB, 317x272) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.png
147 KB, 317x272
>>60470539
lana del ray. she really can't fucking sing. that isn't a joke. or a meme... that bitch doesn't need a mic anywhere near her face. literally walked out after 3 songs. i only waited to make sure it wasn't the sound man utterly fucking up stage volumes on the band...
>>
>>60470667
not everyone is mike patton
>>
>>60471186
same. she has no idea what shes doing on stage.
>>
>>60471237
>>60471186
She's on hardcore drugs mates. she has no idea what she's doing
>>
surfer blood was really bad

foals sucked too
>>
File: 1445455875829.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1445455875829.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>>60471227
>not everyone is mike patton
thank fucking god.
>>
Kanye at bonnaroo. Shit was fucking awful
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 236x355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 236x355
>>60471256
They're are plebs who prefer Wolfmother to Based Patton

Smh
>>
>>60470676
They're a bit better now.
>>60470690
What are you talking about? Slipknot have always been good live, regardless of their quality as a band they're entertaining. I saw them right around the time their last album came out and I was starting to get off them, and it was a pretty good show. They sounded great, there was audience interaction, at one point a band member disappeared and reappeared in the audience, the whole band was vibing with the music... what do you want from a live performance exactly?
>>
>>60471279
both are shit. sorry anon.
>>
Alice in Chains a few years back
They weren't bad and Cantrell was fucking awesome but the whole time I was wishing Layne was still their vocalist instead of that Afro fuck who can't come close to Staley's pitch
>>
>>60471285
Thinking the same thing about slipknot, saw them last month and although I'm not a huge fan of the music i had a fucking good time.
>>
>>60471275
Saw Kanye at FYF and it was fantastic, what happened?
>>
>>60471285
i was just having a lulz desu senpai
>>
>>60470713
>Swans fans
>>
Motley Crue. Only went because it was free and Alice Cooper was opening (which is so fucking backwards).

Walked out halfway through
>>
>>60470657
I was going to say the same. 4 hours of local openers and djs just to see him rap over his tracks for 45 minutes
>>
>>60470601
this desu, people were giving me some shade when i walked out. fucking hippies
>>
How's Lil B live?
>>
Grimes

Saw her in 100 person club for $7 in Chicago, right around first pitchfork review. Legit awful, laughable even.
Wasn't even using a midi cable to sync the drum machine to the synths. Every song would eventually have out of syncs sequences.
>>
>>60471337
This is disappointing. I'm seeing them in 2-3 weeks and i'm traveling a few hours to go.
>>
earl sweatshirt

there were way too many openers that no one was into. They had 3 local rappers one mediocre, one you could barely hear. and one dancing half rap half singing nigga who no one wanted to see, the crowd said no when he asked if we could hear his new song. Some rapper i never heard of named remy banks played before earl. He wasn't terrible but the whole crowd and I were very impatient at that point. When earl finally came he did his thing it was a good time, but i also felt like i couldn't hear what he was saying that well sometimes and he played some new song but made the hook go on for way too long at the end. (it honestly took me and friends a while before we realized the song should've ended a long time ago). Then after he was done he did a dj set that contained a few too many lil b songs so we left midway into it. I still had some fun during his set but we had to wade through so much shit.
>>
File: kk.png (103 KB, 296x300) Image search: [Google]
kk.png
103 KB, 296x300
>>60471337
Whats greater than dubs
>>
>>60471467
its a very loose performance, dont go if you want a 'tight set'. but otherwise its very fun, lil b has a great live presence. in between songs he spits knowledge and shares the message of love
>>
>>60471313
Well for one, practically everyone at the festival was at the show, so it was a crowded beyond belief. When finally took the stage (about 15 minutes late) he started the show with a 10 minute rant throwing shots at dead musicians like hendrix and john lennon and proclaiming himself to be the "greatest rock star of all time". When he was done ego tripping the show wasn't half bad, hell I started getting into it when he played stronger- but then, right before the chorus, he stops the music and, you guessed it, starts fucking ranting again. At that point my jimmies were far too rustled for me to enjoy myself

Oh yeah, and a guy in the crowd started flipping out and punching people. Security handled it like champs but at that point the vibes had gone from bad to utter shit, so my friends and I left
>>
>>60470650
That was a youtube video
>>
File: Bjork8.png (128 KB, 247x260) Image search: [Google]
Bjork8.png
128 KB, 247x260
>>60471337
do you guys see this shit?!?!?
>>
>>60471581
I think you're the only person who cares mate.
>>
>>60470619
Was it at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk? Lol
>>
Jamie xx
>>
had to go to see drake on the paradise tour with my sister. Drake took half an hour so he could shout out to people in the crowd. mind you this is the verizon center and i thought he would be done with just the people at the center but no, he took the time to shout out to every single section, and call out a bunch of random people on dates. I went to go get a snack and when I came back he was still going for at least another ten minutes.
>>
>>60470539
Audioslave just after the first album came out.

They pretty much just played their album and left - they were on stage less than an hour and while not absolutely terrible were far from at their best.
>>
>>60470909
>400 - 600 people
That's fucking sad.
>>
>>60471952
its a meme u dip
>>
Eagles of Death Metal in Paris a couple of days ago. Some guys started shooting mid concert. Couldn't hear shit..
>>
The first beach boys tour
>>
Mozart was fucking drunk on stage, his stick waving was terrible. Had to throw tomatoes at him smdh
>>
>>60471739
Really? I thoroughly enjoyed his set at Bonnaroo. I was also on some pretty amazing acid and his show preceded the Atomic Bomb set so maybe it all just blended together. But I did see him when he played in Detroit later in the summer and I still had a good time. I think his shows are very crowd dependent, like a lot of indie/electronic shows. If the crowd is into it and dancing and whatnot, it's a good time. If everyone's just standing still watching him play a mixing board, it isn't exactly exciting.
>>
>>60470539

animal collective

explosions in the sky

silver mt zion
>>
I've seen Death Grips, Rotting Christ + Watain + Mayhem, and I just saw Gatecreeper + Tribulation + Deafheaven tonight. Watain was the best
>>
Fucking Major Lazer.

Used to be big into EDM and went to Mad Decent Block Party one year. Show was pretty good and I was rolling my ass off but Major Lazer was fucking terrible. Stopped mid songs to say stupid shit, took thirty minutes out of their set to get like twenty girls on stage to twerk, would yell over their songs into the mic

At least the Dillon Francis set made up for it.
>>
Mew with the dodos opening.

Awful.
>>
Death Grips 2015 in PDX WOULD have been the worst if I hadn't been sitting on the mezzanine, I got to get drunk on 5 dollar well drinks and watch the sweaty crowd of cringy teenagers squash together while DG played the loudest show I've ever heard in a venue notorious for shitty acoustics. It was funny at least to see all the helicopter parents freak the fuck out that their kids are getting crushed to death in the sweaty mass while the devil man sings his shouty songs.

The shit I heard come out of these kids mouths while waiting for the show to start made me cringe so hard I got cramps in my facial muscles.

Overall though I enjoyed it because I like death grips and got to hang out and get pissed with an old friend I never see much anymore.
>>
>>60471337
leet
>>
Kiasmos was legit trash, cheesy as fuck techno, was joking with my friends that they sounded like Flashbulb levels of cheese, they even did the handing clapping thing big name EDM acts do, except I saw them playing at a relatively small venue and not a stadium or some other large stage they could get away with it at, ughhhh

Other shit acts I've seen, mostly at festivals, Perfect Pussy, Puro Instinct, Prince Rama, probably some others which I've chosen to forget
>>
>>60471337
MC >>>> AC
>>
>>60472069
fucking LEL
>>
Raekwon

Just rushed through the songs, looked inconvenienced that he had to be there, most of the songs just cut off after a few verses. Had the balls to say "Go buy some shit" after a half-assed performance.

Ghostface came by a few months later on the 12 Reasons to Die tour and blew him the fuck out of the water so I'm glad not everyone in the Wu is a snob.
>>
>>60472143
great, now that we know you're the raddest dude around, what was the worst show you've seen?
>>
Haven't seen a ton of shows, Mac DeMarco at a festival was really bad.
Cringy crowd, half the time the band members on stage were goofing off telling the dumbest jokes imaginable.
>>
>>60472282
to be fair those guys tour like madmen, I imagine it gets boring. their bassist has some kind of weird growth on their neck, does anyone know what I'm talking about
>>
>>60471337
L33T
>>
File: 1386262868702.jpg (23 KB, 635x475) Image search: [Google]
1386262868702.jpg
23 KB, 635x475
Oneohtrix Point Never when Death Grips bailed on opening for NIN and he did

I like him and all but that is not music to see live, especially in an amphitheater
>>
I saw Screaming Females, Andrew Jackson Jihad, and the (headlining) Bouncing Souls at Starland Ballroom.

Bouncing Souls was awful, the crowd was super cringy ranging from super youngins with polished docs and hot topic wrist bands to fat old punks with admittedly way more "cred" than me but just 0 sense of having a good time.
>>
>>60472367
Was that at PNC bank? I was at that too.
>>
>>60471928
from all accounts chris blew his voice out after the superunknown tour and it took a good 14 years before it finally came back
>>
Andrew Jackson Jihad, the crowd was just a giant puff of smoke, and the dude wouldn't stop talking he must have spent half the fucking set talking about how glad he was to be there.
>>
>>60472069
I remember that show, I shot a few dozen of you faggots and still managed escaping by disguising myself as one of you dumbfuck whiteys. I wouldn't be going to anymore death metal concerts for a while if I were you.
>>
2011, Bone Thugs N Harmony are apparently playing my regional Australian town. Growing up I really liked that crossroads tune.. Middle of summer, shitty old venue, the most degenerate ice fucked crowd are going nuts after sitting through 4 local shitty emcees. Anyway 3 of five bone thugs end up showing, not even the good ones, proceed to play 5-6 songs with crap backing tracks that arent loud enough, terrible mixing and rappers mumbling half their lines etc. Decide to bail and get stoned, on the way out, some scummy lad gets in my face unprovoked and tries to fight me.

Decided against attending hip hop gigs after that.
>>
Flying Lotus which sucks because I love his music

>Venue oversold tickets, no room to dance, move, breathe
>Every third person seemed to be smoking weed before and during the show
>Two horrible unannounced openers even before Thundercat who was announced that did not fit the crowd they were playing to
>Don't really know what I was expecting but all the show was was FlyLo hitting start on a playlist of his tracks and dancing a bit

Awesome visuals but that's about the only positive thing I can say. Thundercat was really the star of that concert though, killer set.
>>
>>60472545
Funny you say that bro, Flylo at Sydney Opera House was by the far the greatest gig i've ever been to in my life. Thundercat too, faaarkin jealous
>>
Forgive my pleb days, Jack Johnson

This was surprisingly cingey for a singer/songwriter show (despite how cringey they already are), insert rap verses, talkbox solos, standing up on a fender rhodes. The cringe man...
>>
cat power in late 2012. i'm not even fucking exaggerating, she couldn't get through one entire song and kept stumbling over words. she forgot the guitar to one song and called out the opener to improvise something and she ended up forgetting the words to the song she was singing.

felt so fucking bad for her.
>>
>>60472126
Why ASMZ? They seem pretty good live
>>
>>60472545
Honestly, I had a somewhat similar experience with him at Terminal 5.

Good visuals, but Thundercat killed it. Opener was okay.
The thing about electronic shows is that even if they're doing live shit, it doesn't FEEL live, you know? Like, a lot of the FlyLo tracks were remixed for the club (as in, the drums were a lot like trap/EDM stuff), and it was kind of disappointing. Some moments were cool, but in general was underwhelming.

I honestly prefer just listening to his records.
>>
>>60470674
well theyre a studio band. Wouldn't expect them to be good live honestly
>>
>>60472545
I got lucky and FlyLo ended up being a last second addition so hardly anyone was there when he start DJing
>>
>>60470577
delete this
>>
>>60470619
Was it in El Paso on the 4th of July?
>>
>>60472161
How were The Dodos?
>>
I haven't been to so many concerts, i've only been to like four and three of them were free
The worst one was Peter Hook and The Light, i really respect him but he can't sing for shit and he was posing a shit lot with his bass like he was a bass god or something. They had good lights tho

>>60470690
at least you had fun and thats what counts right?
>>
>>60470539
Wiz Khalifa at the Bank in NJ. Went with my girlfriend and her friends and they said they like to drink so I spent 50 bucks on Stoli and they took two sips and threw it in the trash. I was the only one of the group that was drunk and was scolded for it. Also, Wiz is a shitty "rapper" and a shitty performer and it fucking rained.
>>
>>60470718
When I saw KISS Paul Stanley made us say the Pledge of Allegiance
>>
>>60473116
Why buy something that expensive tho? You could have bought a shitload of beer with that money.
>>
I saw Rings of Saturn in Toronto. They couldn't even play their own fucking songs. The guitarist actually stopped playing for like 10 seconds then came back in 2 beats behind.
>>
>>60473131
They're Russian Jews and their parents are all loaded. I'm from a lower middle class English family. I was in high school and didn't want to reveal how poor I was. Also, they don't drink beer (and apparently don't drink vodka either) If I had known they were going to waste my money and then shit on me the whole time, I wouldn't have even gone and would have just grabbed two cases and chilled with my mates at my house.
>>
I saw disclosure at a festival last year and it was fucking horrible, there appeared to be no live element of the entire show, it was like they plugged in an ipod
>>
File: flying_lotus_roundhouse-13.jpg (283 KB, 685x457) Image search: [Google]
flying_lotus_roundhouse-13.jpg
283 KB, 685x457
>>60472683
I found the same thing. I like the more mellow vibe of the albums. When I saw him it was around 50% album songs and 50% remixed bangers from other artists. I was disappointed but then again should have seen that coming.
>>
>>60473180
I saw Disclosure after I finished working at a festival in 2013, they were either miming playing their instruments (an electronic drum kit in this case) or it just wasn't plugged in at all, they were literally playing a backing track and pretending to play live
>>
>>60473170
Shit, i feel you man
>>
Ariel Pink at the Santa Monica pier. Was a free show, but oh god it was not worth it. Brought his 5 year old son out on stage, made some weird jokes, and played more shitty music. Left before the set was over. Fuck that guy. him with the haunted graffiti is okay, but he himself and his band is like if Michael Jackson was unashamed of being a pedophile.
>>
>>60473219
I will never get that day back.
>>
>>60470539

A girl I was trying to get with suggested we see Usher live. Cannot begin to describe the white girl nightmare that was Usher live. Saw a 350lb bitch blow out her knee trying to walk up to her seat. This was in Key Arena.
>>
>>60471247
I'm not saying you think like this, but why do people think musicians can get away with being terrible professionals?
If it was talk and the talker got on stage on heavy drugs, and saying shit, people would be really fucking mad.
>>
File: 1447867357469.jpg (49 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
1447867357469.jpg
49 KB, 720x438
>>60470577
>>
>>60473225
oh fuck, I'm really glad i didn't go.
>>
>>60471739
the fuck? loved his live set, i hadn't even listened to in colour beforehand, thoroughly enjoyed it

now snoop dogg, there's a man who is only doing live shows for the money. ran through about 50 tracks in like an hour by only doing snippets of verses. baka
>>
>>60473009
Yeah
>>
>>60472114
I enjoyed his Bonnaroo set too. I really wish he would've played at night tho
>>
>rammstein
i've never seen such a poor excuse of a band being allowed on stage. meme-rock at it's worst
>>
>>60471769
What snack did you get? How was it?
>>
>>60472460
I AM A KKKKKKKKKKKKKKNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Blink 182 last year. So past it that it's just embarassing. Really cannot play any more.
>>
>>60471337
Is it true the guitarist all "lipsync"(fingersync?) during the Cooper set? I heard that from some people and one of the guitarists was already known to do that when she was with other bands (Nita). The other two seem to be even bigger tryhard hacks so I can see it happening.
>>
>>60473116
Am I the only person that actually avoids shows because they're at the bank? My hatred for that venue is unreal.
>>
>>60470619

Was it at the cinema and were you watching shrek?
>>
Ride. Awful band, I only went because I thought they'd sound roughly like MBV. Left early, too.
>>
File: 400smashproof_3.jpg (19 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
400smashproof_3.jpg
19 KB, 400x266
Worst "concert" would be one only kiwis can relate to, but around the time local hip hop group smash proof was making waves around the kiwi music scene I was visiting family back in my home town of whangarei. While in whangarei me and some friends who traveled with me went to the better of the two "bars" in town "danger danger" and about halfway through my night of drinking we noticed someone blocking off half the 10x10m dance floor and setting up gear for a concert. Fast forward 30 minutes and old smashproof were rapping with what we counted as 31 people there. They just look pissed off and ended up leaving after a maximum of 3 songs. Didn't help that half the people including myself didn't even leave our seats to go watch them, I was just sitting at the bar with my back to them.
>>
a former "friend" of mine dragged me to see some nerd-core (?) rapped by the name of MC Chris. apparently he does voice work or some shit, but the guy sounds like he's just binged on helium and adderall, the show was filled with the whitest white people i've ever seen, and he legitimately just played tracks off his CD on his Apple laptop

i ended up selling this MC Chris a bag of mexican dirt weed after the show lmao
>>
>>60470577
Hahahaha

Muslims really are just the worst people.
>>
Wu Tang Clan a few months ago.
7:30 start, they didn't come on stage till 10:30 and even then, Method Man, RZA, and Raekwon nweren't even there.
Crowd was pissed, the filling DJ who had to play whenever the supporting and main act weren't on stage was pissed
>>
My parents wanted to get the family together and do something because it'd been a while. As a "bonding experience" we went to a Supertramp show in 2011. It was mostly just really depressing. They played basically every song verbatim as if it were off the album, didn't speak, had zero energy, and then left. I can understand if they've been playing these songs for 30 years and are bored of them, but even the instrumental portions were completely the same as the on the album. It was an outdoor venue and the sound was awful too.
>>
>>60474032
I saw them in Amsterdam a number of years ago. They did almost the same thing. I think Methord Man was there though. Fucking black people
>>
>>60470550
I went with my brother to see them last year. I don't hate the Arctic Monkeys by any means, but I wasn't thrilled with the show. It felt like the band was just punching a clock. Alex turner would grunt one or two words between songs that nobody could understand, and I'm pretty sure he got the name of our city wrong.
>>
>>60472381
I went to that show for AJJ and I loved them. Bouncing souls was very ehh. The video before them playing was shit desu.
>>
>>60471303
Yeah I saw them a couple years ago, they were better than I expected for sure. That sludgy rock sound was great live. When I saw them they had Monster Truck and some two-person girl band that sounded like Sleigh Bells + White Stripes opening for them, it was decent. Monster Truck was super buttrocky but it was still fun music to see live and the lead guitarist did cool feedback manipulation between songs.
Also there was some long-haired guy with a Woods of Ypres shirt in the audience so that was pretty cool too.
>>
>>60472143
Nice
>>
>>60472250
kek
>>
>>60470539
Animal Collective
Dismemberment Plan
Sufjan Stevens
Neutral Milk Hotel
Julain Koster (at my house)

That's it. I only really go see bands I really really like.
>>
>>60473739
Long time Coop fan. Where'd you hear that? I can't be arsed to look for a source. I would guess not, though. Alice is one o those classic dadrockers; I would assume if they couldn't play their parts he would just hire somebody who would for the sake of being authentic.

>>60472199
MC literally don't have anything on Alice.
>>
Emancipator. They played for an hour, and they had the perfect time to end before their samey songs got too boring, but then they went on for another hour. Half the crowd left once it became apparent they weren't stopping anytime soon. Didn't help that Wax Tailor opened with an hour of French dusty-vinyl-beats-with-old-timey-radio-show-samples which absolutely sucks the energy out of you. It was like watching a Youtube "chill 4-hour homework mix" live.
>>
>>60470539
AC/DC cover band.
>>
>>60475105
Sounds awful
>>
Saw Angels & Airwaves a few years ago in Glasgow. Complete fucking shit. Can't believe I went. Tom Delonge cannot sing. Probably the cringiest band of all time.
>>
>>60472616
>felt so fucking bad for her.

Me too, it's pretty hard to play when you're that nervous.
>>
went to see pendulum but it turned out to be some shitty dj set with only 1 pendulum member and a bunch of shitty mixes not from their discography
>>
Health was pretty cool on tuesday night but their opening DJ was this fingerless glove-wearing faggot doing some linkin park vocals over his beats. Fucking dreadful.
>>
>>60475283
pictureplane?
>>
>>60471299
Ahahaha oh God, please tell us what you listen to.
>>
>>60475110
>Sounds awful
Yeah, but they were better than AC/DC, actually.
>>
>>60472167

I think I'm just going to avoid seeing noise music live. Seems to guarantee a shit crowd
>>
>>60475293
>pictureplane

aye
>>
>>60473792
Take a look at this plen. Ride was easily a 10/10 show when I saw them.
>>
>>60475105
I can feel the pain
>>
>>60475661
>plen
if you're gonn use /mu/, learn the lingo. if not, you won't survive, kid. don't think I'll forget to not packet inject you next time I see you shitposting on my board. we are anonymous and we don't ever fucking forgive or forget. got it bitch???
>>
>>60475688
*grabs by the throat and unsheathes a pocket knife*

BACK THE FUCK OFF BRO!?!?!?
>>
>>60475708
lovin this meme, especially how the accumulation of ? and ! indicate panicked terror and confusion more than aggressiveness.
>>
almost every post in this thread is about a rock band, and the ones that aren't are about rappers

therefore EDM is the best music for live shows
>>
>>60475688
>he doesn't know "plen"
No anon, you are the plen here
>>
>>60470577
came to post this
>>
Shania Twain

The instruments and vocals weren't mixed well and if you didn't already know the lyrics to the songs you'd have no idea what she was singing.

It was still kind of fun, but pretty shitty.
>>
>>60475688
plen is just blen spelled backwards
just think about it
>>
David Guetta def
My girlfriend of two years kissing my friend while I'm out buying us drinks
>>
>>60476255
sorry dude
>>
>>60476224
t.insecure white kid
>>
Probably some no name black metal band at a local show

Thinking about it the only black metal bands I've seen live that were good are immortal and mayhem.
>>
Children of bodom in 2010
Fucking garbage
>>
James Bay opening for Taylor Swift. Holy shit, what a faggot.
>>
>>60471493
>>60472199
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wze0lElHbjs
>>
Calvin Harris at Sziget 2014. Goddamn, what a fucking mistake that was to go there.
>>
>>60476517
Oh shit this

Saw them twice for the support bands and they were dreadful every time

The keyboards are such a bad idea
>>
I remember bonobo being so boring I went off to see Danny Brown hit on my cousin
>>
gulfport music fest 2013 or 2014
offspring and 311 were headlining. the rest were shit. i cringed hard when shinedown played and everyone sang along "IM NOT MAD IM JUST SAYING" or w/e he says in that song.
311 ended up not playing and the offspring was alright except half of their set was newer songs.
>>
>>60476719
also went to a local emo show in new orleans which sucked bad, and i like emo. these were kids fresh out of high school trying to get in on the revival emo craze. they sucked and i felt like i wasted my time.
>>
MGMT in 2009, they were opening for Paul McCartney and their setup was so bad that it was actually hurting my ears. They were absolute trash.
>>
Anathema
Paradise Lost were opening and I went to see them (and they were really good), but Anathema was bloody awful because, well, it's Anathema and they just suck really hard. Terrible crowd too (a lot of fat girls arrived to see them).
>>
someone's living room house show where I drank a 5th of captain morgan and threw up on the bathroom floor

>tfw

As for real bands, I saw neon trees before they got very big open for My Chemical Romance. MCR was cash but neon trees spent too much time doing mic tricks instead of playing music
>>
>>60470923
no the same guy but i saw him with xavier wulf, chris travis, and eddie baker a couple years ago and it was pretty great. probably not the demographic you have in mind, my group was like 5 of 10 white kids there.
>>
>>60476224
I get drunk until I can actually have fun, otherwise there really isn't a point.
>>
>>60470909
as a Blur fan that's pretty sad
Damon's never been good live so that doesnt surprise me
>>
Belle and Sebastian desu
>>
Black Flag
>>
Death Grips without Flatlander
>>
>>60470539
In recent memory
I would say Grimes at FFFFest
She's terrible
>>
>>60476949
when?
>>
>>60470539
MF DOOM in berlin last year.
Adio88 & Yassin were great as expected, after that came EMC who were boring as fuck. Then MF DOOM but thy fucked up the sound so you couldn't understand a word he was saying and everything was just overly bassy screechy noise. Sadly I wasn't into noise at the time.
>>
>>60471518
Your memes are outdated, even for Reddit.

Faggot.
>>
>>60476968
Some crappy club in about '84-85
Mostly because of the crowd, they were throwing shit at Rollins and generally being dickheads
>>
Tool in 2006. They were boring as fuck. No energy, no excitement, no passion. To make it worse they were touring for 10,000 Days so of course they filled the set with a bunch of boring shit from that album. Maynard stood in back and faced the drum set the entire time, didn't say a word to the crowd. Awful.
>>
>>60470577
damn...
>>
File: HA.png (13 KB, 679x427) Image search: [Google]
HA.png
13 KB, 679x427
>>60475075
>French dusty-vinyl-beats-with-old-timey-radio-show-samples
this is the most accurate description of downtempo/instrumental hip-hop that comes from dime a dozen producers I've heard
>>
Children of Bodom and The Black Dahlia Murder because you know exactly why. High school friend dragged me to that show years ago.

Man did that suck.
>>
GZA and Ghostface earlier this year. They showed up hours late at 1AM and performed for about 20 minutes, before GZA complained about the shitty sound quality (it was actually fine) and they left. I lost so much respect for them.
>>
>>60471337

Denver?
>>
A lot of local music on the east-coast blows, though the one that sticks out the most is Sepultura/Krisun back in April of 2012. I fell asleep on a leather couch while Krisiun performed, so that's a pretty good indication of a bad metal show.
>>
>>60472199
eat shit
>>
>>60473739
nah, it's not true at all

>>60477292
Tacoma
>>
>>60476905
That's a copy paste story. None of that actually happened at that show.
>>
>>60475804
Most EDM isn't even a live show. Just some guy pressing play and then maybe messing with it.
>>
Armin Van Buuren
>>
Dethklok
The music was great, I just think I was the only one there who could stand without assistance, everyone was so shitfaced. And not the fun kind, the annoying kind.
>>
>>60477160
You forgot to drop acid you schwein.

>being this clueless
>>
I went to go see Reliant K perform one of their albums. It was all a bunch of hipsters who listened to them in high school. They all just stood there trying to act cool. It sucked. no one moshed or anything.
>>
>>60476952

>karaoke with live drums
>>
>>60470601
This. Wilco and My Morning Jacket were touring with him were great. Dylan's songs were unrecognizable and also shit.
>>
Death From Above 1979. Absolute garbage stuff.
>>
>>60472167
You're probably getting old, man.
>>
Deerhunter / Atlas Sound (10-17-2015)

http://www.stereogum.com/1838134/deerhunter-fans-complain-about-messy-performance-in-la/video/

It was bullshit, and I'm big fan of them
>>
>>60476255
Making out? Did they not expect you to come back or did they just not give a fuck? Hope you dropped both of them.
>>
File: 1434401033823.jpg (3 KB, 126x116) Image search: [Google]
1434401033823.jpg
3 KB, 126x116
>be me
>decide to go to punk show ($12 at the door, which is kind of ridiculous) in Boston with some friends
>venue is a banquet hall
>the show actually starts on time for some reason and we miss the opening act, who i actually wanted to see
>third act is Thou and The Body performing together, and it becomes apparent that the sound will be shit for the rest of the night
>last act is a Crass cover band from the UK with a drum machine

>tried to buy merch from one band halfway thru the show but they ran out of what i wanted
>the Crass cover band is working both tables and suggests i just buy their own merch instead
>>
>>60478599
As terrible as that show sounds, I'd love to hear that 30 minute Nothing Ever Happened with the Land medley.
>>
>>60478762
now that part was awesome, and almost made up for the rest of the concert. I managed to crowd surf on stage and dance next to Bradford. The rest of the concert was mostly terrible. I wouldn't say it was the worst concert I've been to, but it was definitely the most disappointing and I'm not one to overhype things up
>>
>>60473765
>not Rat Race
>>
>>60474812
You must not have seen suf on his recent tour
>>
>>60473009
>>60478828
>Rat Race

GOAT
>>
>>60470550
>>60474300
Saw them around 2011 here in Sacramento. Same deal, zero improvisation, Alex acted unnaturally cocky and it came off as forced douchiness.

Black Keys opened for them and absolutely killed it. Had their backup members go backstage and did one of the best mini duo-sets I've ever seen before welcoming the rest back on stage.
>>
>>60474130
You'd be wise not to assume most black people are like Wu-tang.
>>
>>60479298
True, but hip hop artists are notorious for this kinda shit.
>>
Lollapalooza 96 lads, Screaming Trees were pretty shit 2bh and Metallica as there. Psychotica opened and may be the worst band I've ever seen.
>>
File: 1404457647754.png (160 KB, 464x470) Image search: [Google]
1404457647754.png
160 KB, 464x470
>>60475688
>we are anonymous and we don't ever fucking forgive or forget. got it bitch???
>>
>>60479339
You also tried to catch them in what us Americans consider Euro-party-central. I'm sure there were a lot of material distractions. Probably ate too many truffles.
>>
>>60470725
literally /mu/
>>
>>60471547
>starts fucking ranting again
What did he rant about this time?
>>
>>60479590
probably shoes or the papparazi or racism
they're the only things he talks about
>>
>>60473724
>but they always suck live!
I hate when people say this. Watch 2000s big day out they fucking kill it
>>
Flogging Molly was god awful. I don't know what the fuck their sound techs were doing but everything just blended together and sounded like harsh wall noise, not to mention the vocalist sounded like a rapping pirate on top of that. Everyone in the crowd was dressed like a native american and flailing in small circles.
>>
>>60470577
The dubs don't lie
>>
Probably Twisted Sister at Bloodstock a few years ago.

I get that they're basically one hit wonders, but a rendition of I Wanna Rock with a 10 minute audience-interacting chorus is inexcusable. I went back to my tent after 5 minutes or so but I could still hear it from there.
>>
i saw riff raff, heems, and lil debbie in nyc once. totally sober. crowd was nothing but high school frat dudes doing molly off of keys. riff raff is an hour and a half late. heems quits his set after 2 songs because someone boos him. they keep sending out the same DJs over and over that play nothing but shitty youtube dubstep songs with the same drop every time. people are halfheartedly trying to mosh. i left right as riff raff came on stage because i couldn't take it anymore
>>
i saw this band called kicking daisies at a parade in dc once. they were playing some shit music and then the car driving their float went up in flames and they had to stop. it was a strange time
>>
>>60471254
I saw them together and it was kinda boring
>>
>>60479899
My step-sister's friend who thinks too highly of herself let riff raff fuck her at mad decent block party one year. the keks were alive and floating
>>
>>60470577
>>
>>60470577
epik xD
>>
Hoodie Allen came to my college a few years ago. No amount of alcohol could have made that a tolerable experience
>>
MF DOOM was supposed to open up for Flying Lotus in London a few months ago, but of course, he bailed last minute and they replaced him with Jay Electronica. He kept stopping in the middle of his songs to go on pointless rants, and then one kid decided to jump the barrier to try to get onstage, and Jay decided to tell EVERYONE to come up onstage, and it just turned into a complete shit show. Luckily FlyLo's performance was good enough to make up for it
>>
>>60473035
not that guy, but the dodos are fucking great live, i saw them on the same tour and mew was just reeeeally underwhelming but i've seen the dodos thrice and it's been fucking awesome every time
>>
>>60471285
>sometimes good bands have bad shows m8
>>
>>60475340
>death grips
>noise music
>>
Probably Death Grips in Detroit
Mostly because I hadn't slept the night before so I could sleep on the 7 hour drive there, but couldn't fall asleep in the car
So I was exhausted as hell during the whole event
Also guy jumping from the balcony and the unwashed folks and the folks smoking up in the venue kinda made it shit too
>>
>>60479275
I was at that concert. Probably the worst I've been too.
>>
Death Grips. Their performance was fine, but holy shit, actually seeing the other type of people who listen to them in person was an eye opening experience. Keep your fucking memes on the internet, jesus.
>>
>>60480720
>guy jumping from balcony
>weed everywhere
neither of these are signs of a bad show, anon. maybe you should stick to the local philharmonic
>>
>>60480783
Someone hurting themselves and others isn't cool
And I don't care if folks wanna smoke weed at a show as long as its outside
Them smoking inside next to me only made the place smell worse
>>
I went to see Emancipator, Shpongle, and Beats Antique last year. The bass was cranked up so high that I literally couldn't hear anything else throughout the entire show. Wanted to shank the sound guy and take over the mixing board myself.
>>
>>60480849
you sound like you have been to three, maybe five concerts in your life.
>>
Black Flag in 2013
>>
>>60480856
Been to a few more than that, friend
>>
The Gaslight Anthem opening for Foo Fighters is one of the worst.
All members of the band were either drunk or high. Mistakes everywhere. So fucking sloppy. The Foo's were great though. Biffy Clyro played right after TGA and were pretty cool.
>>
>>60470909
shit this is hilarious
>>
Some trap producer. I forgot his name he was so bad. Dude got hammered on his own set, constantly stopped the music during buildups to scream shit like "THANK YOU MINNEAPOLIS" "YOURE THE GREATEST" at least 8 times that night. Its a shame because his set would have been pretty good if he didnt kill his own vibe.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.