[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The surest sign of shit taste is not liking Trout Mask Replica.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: Trout_Mask_Replica.png (159 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Trout_Mask_Replica.png
159 KB, 300x300
The surest sign of shit taste is not liking Trout Mask Replica.

The only reason I disliked it originally was because I was an 18 year old who barely knew any avantgarde music. But that was years ago. I've grown up since then.
>>
Ok
>>
ok
>>
Ok
>>
File: fefsafd.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
fefsafd.gif
2 MB, 240x180
>>
What if I listened to it when I was a teen and thought it was my favorite album, and still think so?
>>
>>60466285
then you're fine
>>
I prefer listening to polish avant-jazz trios but it's okay I guess
>>
TMR is not even that hard to "get"

I've loved it since when I was 15
>>
File: 1447795212734.png (157 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1447795212734.png
157 KB, 500x366
it's just a rock album, really
>>
>>60466214
you sure you havent just forced yourself to "like" it so your patrician internet friends accepted you?
>>
>>60466214
Avant-Garde? What? TMR is hardly
Avant Garde. Like, i'm not even trolling or any thing of the such. Might be the closest thing in rock, but even then I'd say Terry Riley and the guys doing minimalism did more for Avant Garde for rock more so that Captain Beefheart did.
>>
I'd be surprised if anyone liked it on their first listen. It's an album that grows on you, gotta listen to it more than once.
>>
I loved it on my first couple of listens but now that my mind has been invaded by actual avant-garde music, it seems more comparable to They Might Be Giants and Ween than anything else.
>>
stupid popists
>>
>>60466381
There's nothing TO get, it's dadaist, it's the same as someone dressing in a three piece suit, but wearing clown shoes, and speaking in a slurred retarded matter. It's childrens humor veiled as avant-garde art, and the easiest way to tell who listens to music they actually like, and who listens to music they are told to like.
>>
>>60466432
>TMR is hardly Avant Garde
say that to literally every musician from charles hayward to david lee myers on whom beefheart's influence is obvious
>>
>>60466463
You could say the same thing with a Blood on the Dance Floor album.
>>
>>60466549
david lee myers is fucking sick, don't think i've ever seen anyone mention him here before
>>
>>60466214
>The only reason I disliked it originally was because I was an 18 year old who barely knew any avantgarde music.
Now you're a 19 year old who thinks he knows avantgarde music when in fact all the "experimental" and "avant garde" music he's heard is within the genre of rock and pop
>>
tmr is tryhard bullshit.

this is infinitely better than tmr.
>>
>>60466645
that post is tryhard bullshit

it fails miserably, even as a joke
>>
>>60466604
nope but keep up those stereotypes anon :)
>>
>>60466645
There are a lot of haters out there, but you have to respect the fact that these girls literally invented music from the ground up based on nothing but a couple of instruments they didn't know how to play.
>>
File: nice blog, faggot.png (148 KB, 487x328) Image search: [Google]
nice blog, faggot.png
148 KB, 487x328
>>60466214
>>
>>60466719
>Invented barely knowing how to play
Damn
>>
>>60466214
Checked this out cause of you. Thanks senpai.
>>
>>60466463
It was the opposite for me. I really got into it on my first listen, but now I never really feel like listening to the whole thing.
>>
>>60466645
My Pal Foot Foot can easily go up against material from TMR
>>
avant garde is 2 3dgy 4 m3
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.