[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE HAND SPEAKS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: remaininlight.gif (461 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
remaininlight.gif
461 KB, 500x500
THE HAND SPEAKS
>>
File: HERO.gif (2 MB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
HERO.gif
2 MB, 426x240
DAVID BYRNE IS MY HERO
>>
the Hand of a gornvmremnt man
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeIQGHeQlQ0
>>
>>60465949
fuuuuck
>>
LETTING THE DAYS GO BY
>>
I have no idea how Remain In Light became a standard /mu/ album. Personally, I think Fear of Music is much better.
>>
>>60466174
I love all of their albums. More Songs About Buildings and Food is probably my favorite, but Speaking in Tongues is also amazing.

THEY'RE JUST AMAZING IN GENERAL OKAY even if they do make some white boy afrobeat sometimes
>>
DJ AARON ELLIS
J

A
A
R
O
N

E
L
L
I
S
>>
>>60466394
Well, the later albums can be called objectively terrible minus a few songs, but it's crazy just how much good material Talking Heads has.
>>
LoSt My ShaAaPe, TrYinG tO aCtt CaSuul
>>
>>60466438
Naked was better than True Stories, at least.

GOD HELP US, HELP US LOSE OUR M I N D S
>>
I've only listened to remain in light, where should I go in their discography next?
>>
I'M SO THIN
>>
>>60466489
Talking Heads: '77
More Songs About Buildings and Food
Fear of Music
Little Creatures
Speaking in Tongues
Stop Making Sense
>>
>>60466443
I CAN'T STOP
>>
>>60466489
Want more funk? Go forward (speaking in tongues and after)
Want more art rock/twang? Go backward (fear and music and before)
>>
>>60466520
I mIiiIiGhTT eNdUPINA hosssPitAl
>>
>>60466570
cHAAANging my SHAaaPE!
>>
>>60466582
and m-molded their faces t-to some ideal
>>
>>60466537
>>60466489
JUST LISTEN TO ALL

AND YOU MAY FIND YOURSELF
IN A BEAUTIFUL HOUSE
WITH A BEAUTIFUL WIFE

AND YOU MAY ASK YOURSELF - WELL, HOW DID I GET HERE?
>>
>>60466606
LETTING THE DAYS GO BYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
File: 27artsbeat-byrne2-blog480.jpg (24 KB, 480x322) Image search: [Google]
27artsbeat-byrne2-blog480.jpg
24 KB, 480x322
IM A TUMBLR
>>
>>60466408
YOU TOO??
I dl'd Divers and Art Angels and they both had this bullshit, I thought it was a virus or something
>>
>>60466518
True Stories is an underrated album and the movie is literally perfect
>>
>>60467534
>I thought it was a virus
Haha, no. It's intentional on the artists' part. Several musicians collaborated on the Aaron Ellis project this year to produce a sort of commentary on ownership and artistry in the post-internet age. The inclusion of this fictional DJ's name & an unlicensed Talking Heads sample in several high-profile albums is essentially taking the public debates on sampling and music piracy to their logical conclusion. I cringe whenever people talk about downloading versions of these albums with the "DJ Aaron Ellis" content removed. They're completely missing the point.
>>
AND THE HEAT GOES ON
>>
>>60466671
WATER FLOWING UNDER!!!!!1111!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.