[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The definition of a yawnfest. A collection of impossibly bland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
The definition of a yawnfest. A collection of impossibly bland songs attempting to be as indie as possible riddled with forgettable drum beats, annoying vocals and cheesy psych guitar effects. It’s not even that bad, but there’s just a distinct blandness to this music that actually made me turn it off a couple of times when listening, just because it felt like it was literally draining the life from me. The guitar effects are the only thing remotely interesting or complex about this, and that’s saying something. The songwriting, if you can call it that, is crappy high school band-tier, and the instruments are just played so lifelessly that I want to fall asleep. There’s a lot of indie that has these sorts of problems, but most of them have redeeming features in great melodies or vocal tone or mood. This has none of that. Blandness personified.
>>
thats not real estate
>>
nah its great

I WAS BORN WITH A SNAKE LIKE WALK
>>
snakeskin is their best song yet
>>
>>60465427
>implying all the same isn't one of the best openers ever
>>
>>60466968
Actually, it is bad.
>>
>>60465427
agreed. they used to be so good.
>>
I should like Deerhunter but they do one of my favourite genres so blandly.
>>
>>60467199
Agreed. I couldn't get past the 3rd track on this one... never bothered trying to listen to the rest.
>>
>>60467199
it's all been downhill since microcastle
at this rate their next album will sound like nickleback
>>
"Take care" is GOAT

Ya it's not on the level of Halcyon or Micro Castle, but it's still an excellent release. Stop using the "boring" argument, mutants. You're not listening loud enough.
>>
>>60467421
That's probably the worst song on the album
>>
My least favorite deerhunter release and yet the melodies are still stuck in my head.

I can't stop humming these line every now and then

im breaking the waves.... i tried

christ... or credit

i dont want to ever go ...Back to the old folks home

My conclusion after seeing the live videos is that the songwriting is still exceptional. But the whole production and effort into making a cohesive album is lost with Fading Frontier. It feels like Deerhunter half-assed or lite.

And Snakeskin is the worst song on the album
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.