[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>v.o one of the coolest records of all time https://www.y
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2
File: 1447446666428s.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1447446666428s.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>v.o
one of the coolest records of all time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xcwt9mSbYE
>itcofck
one of the coolest records of all time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09iNZODJEMo
>dsofm
the coolest record of all time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrojrDCI02k
>industrial-noise intro
>guitar w/phaser
>excellent slide guitar
>okc
>pretentious try-hard "experimental" bullshit
Tom Yorke sings like he owns a bonsai collection and cries when he accidentally snips a leaf wrong. I can imagine the pallid cabbage of his face puckering into a spoiled pout with every faux-affected lisp and sigh and it disgusts me. Listening to Radiohead is like being bugged to go eat at the new Ethiopian restaurant by your friend who's desperate to see himself as "cultured." No wonder this album resonates so heavily with a generation that's raised on youtube and thinks the world owes them a living.
>>
why are you awake dad
>>
>>60462926
dad youre drunk, come home please
>>
>>60462989
>>60463299
spot the clueless /mu/drones
>>
>>60462989
>>60463299
hahahahahaha, OP here, you guys are retarded.

>pic related
true experimental muzak
>>
>>60462926
Having fun with thesaurus.com? It's definitely really fun to use haha!!
>>
>>60463370
lol
>>
>>60463370
That album is fucking epic
>>
>>60462926
VU&N > ITCOTCK > OKC > DSOTM

Well baited OP.
>>
>>60463419
I'm fine, yours seems to be acting up though. Are you okay? Do you want to talk about anything?

By the way I'm 18 you fucking faggot
>>
>>60463455
sorry, "young adult" lmao
>>
>TVU&N
Shockingly overrated fillerfest with a few great songs
7/10
>ITCOTCK
Not even in the top 5 King Crimson albums, half the album is great but the rest is forgettable
7/10
>DSOTM
Sounds like someone hotboxing an elevator
6.5/10
>OK Computer
One of the greatest pop albums of the 90s, great songwriting and production, lots of variety, unique instrumentation, relatable lyrics
8.5/10
>>
>>60463455
>18th birthday
IM NOT A KID ANYMORE MOM
>>
>>60463455
>by the way i'm 18 you fucking faggot
lol you talk like some sort of autistic virgin loser from /b/ kill yourself
>>
>>60463405
hella fucking epic
>>
>>60463568
Appreciate it sir.

>>60463590
>OK Computer
>pop
Triggered. It's not pop. That term is demeaning to what they accomplished. Justin Bieber is fucking pop. Pink is pop. The Beatles are pop. OKC is above that and if you consider them pop you are retarded.

>>60463597
Technically haven't been a kid since about 16-17 but alright...

>>60463600
Thanks.

>>60463623
I'm not autistic but I am a virgin loser. 2/3, your grade is 66%.

Peace out /mu/
>>
>>60463590
>TVU&N
>ITCOTCK
i absolutely agree

>OKC
>pop
no

>DSOTM
>6,5/10
hell no
>>
>>60463671
Nah, I only need wine.
>>
>>60463656
Look here, kid, you're not an adult, and you won't be an adult for some time.
>>
>>60463715
Technically I am an adult according to the US definition.
>>
>>60463709
>is 18
>drinks wine
you're probably the biggest pretentious fucking tool who ever lived
>>
>>60463763
Right because I'm a tool for drinking wine because all my friends drink whiskey and do drugs. I don't do all that because I don't want to fuck my life up. My dad brings wine home sometimes and so I drink that on the weekends.
>>
>>60463370
technically "muzak" is a brand of elecator and commercial floor music but "OK"
>>
>>60463786
>i dont want to fuck my life up
lol you have no life, loser. also your dad is a retard for giving you wine.
>>
>>60463830
How? I get a glass every weekend. It barely buzzes me. I'm not going to become an alcoholic, calm down.
>>
>>60463878
i'm 18 and i live in canada so i do all my drinking at shows. sorry but getting a one glass of wine every weekend from your dad sounds like some gay ass shit, lol.
>>
>>60463656
>The Beatles are pop
if fucking Radiohead isn't pop then The Beatles aren't pop either faggot (Don't get me wrong i like Radiohead and OKC it's one of my favourites albums)
>>
>VU&N
>ITCOCK
>DSOTM
>OKC
>>
>>60463656

does this sound like pop to you, cunt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJeqOoc4HmI
>>
>>60463910
If I could I'd probably just go and do that, but my parents are protective which is why I only get a glass of wine a weekend, if that.

>>60463939
The majority of Beatles songs were pop, including their 1966-1969 period. Radiohead started out pop, yes, but from OKC onward their lyrics and music moved up from that realm. Beatles never did that. They just made fantastic pop albums.

>>60463960
>muh number 9
>muh collage
>muh experimentalism

Also just one song out of a sea of pop songs on that album.
>>
>>60464016
Kek are you kidding me? The Beatles did experimental stuff (Revolution #9, I'm The Walrus) besides OKC it's inspired in The Beatles and The Beach Boys and the lyrics of The Beatles can be really deep (In my life)
>>
>>60464167
Faux-experimental bullshit. Do you know how to argue? Your point is incoherent and your grammar sucks. What does "really deep" even mean? It's such a subjective phrase that your worthless argument is rendered moot.
>>
>>60464203
Well fuck my english, but tell me which of the things i say are wrong.
>>
>>60464260
*said
>>
>>60462926
this list is so generic, old, basic
>>
>>60463960
>cherrypicking this hard
The Beatles are pop. Get the fuck over it.
>>
>>60463590
which songs on banana do you think are filler?
>>
>>60464260
Well I'll just go down the line.

1. You said that the Beatles did experimental stuff. Sure they did, but that wasn't their primary motivation or driving force. They mainly made pop music throughout their career and stuck to formulas that they built upon to perfection. Their experimentation was minimal and negligible: their songs were still pop even with the psychedelic sheen over them.

2. You said that OKC is inspired from the Beatles and the Beach Boys. Sure it is, and so is every other album after them. Just because more advanced music is influenced by simpler music doesn't make the simpler music more advanced. That's an illogical comparison.

3. The phrase "really deep" is subjective. I've heard In My Life before, several times. It's a nice tune. I like it. But there's nothing deep about it. It's a pop song with nostalgic and sad lyrics. There were plenty of songs like that before its creation.

Conclusion: Despite their experimental forays, the Beatles are still pop.
>>
>>60464364
Well i think you make a good point, but i refuse to say that The Beatles are just a pop band.
>>
>>60464364
>You said that OKC is inspired from the Beatles and the Beach Boys. Sure it is, and so is every other album after them.
lol. what a fucking retard you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdAhNRp6dO0
>>
>>60462926
>The Velvet Underground
8.5/10
>ITCOTCK
8.5/10
>DSOTM
7/10
OKC
>7.5/10

OBJECTIVE...
>>
>>60464449
It was hyperbole.

And stop calling me names ffs. Let's maintain some decency. You honestly are cool and have good taste.
>>
>>60464449
why are you being rude? are you trying to kill the mood? Like seriously it's not funny dude...
>>
>>60464505
>>60464558
i'm a pig, and i smell bad. mr smother is my god, and thats what he says. he's aways right. i kiss his ass. i suck everything down into my guts. i never shit. my body is greedy, theres nothing i can do about it. i'm bloated i'm soft. i weight 349 pounds. i'm fat scum. i despise myself. i'm sitting here in the pink pajama bottoms my mom gave me when i was 15. they still fit. i hate them but i wear them. they're caked up around the crotch with various foods i've dripped and old sperm i never wiped up. my sperms sweet. a lot of that sperm is there now because of my smother because i like it. i like to break it off in chunks and grind it between my fingers thinking about him. then i feel disgusting with myself. but i like feeling that way for him. i'd like him to take a shit on my face while i lay on the sidewalk, and people crowded around and laughed. he'd point down at my face and tell them how i deserved it, and they'd laugh again in agreement with him. i'd feel good. i like to feel good. i like to touch myself, especially when i pretend i'm someone else.
>>
testtt
>>
VU&N > DSotM > OKC > ItCotCK
>>
>>60463958
Thats wrong.
TVU&N>>>OKC>ITCOCK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DSOTM

Dark Side is lame, overly long, over produced, self-indulgent (but not in a way that is interesting) and just generally fucking inane. Pink Floyd stopped being interesting post-Live At Pompeii and it was all downhill from there.
>>
>>60464167
>my dad gave me his beatles cds and so they must be the best band ever, also my dad hates pop, so they cant be that

It's fucking pop music, get the fuck over yourself. Just because its pop though doesn't mean its bad.

Also John Lennon was a fucking cunt and George Harrison was a fucking ripoff artist. Paul McCartney was unoffensive. Ringo was and still is a god-tier drummer though.
>>
>>60463590
Hey, man. Can you give some recs? Not trolling. Based on your ratings of these albums, I just wanna know what else you consider to be as good as/above OKC
>>
White Light/White Heat, Larks' Tongues In Aspic, Wish You Were Here and Kid A are all better
>>
>>60464307
The entire middle of the album

>>60466430
Can - Tago Mago
Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
Joanna Newsom - Ys
Pere Ubu - The Modern Dance
Mercury Rev - Boces
Miles Davis - In a Silent Way
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
The Books - The Lemon of Pink
The Beach Boys - Surf's Up
David Bowie - "Heroes"
The list goes on...
>>
>>60466567
fuck off
>>
>>60466863
oh wow /mu/core never heard of this before
>>
>>60466892
I'm just answering the question I was asked
>I just wanna know what else you consider to be as good as/above OKC
>>
>>60463416
That list is backwards though
>>
>>60466863
ty.
>>
>>60466863
kek lurk more why don't ya
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.