[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some notable examples of experimental artists finally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: itt subalbums.jpg (293 KB, 1051x634) Image search: [Google]
itt subalbums.jpg
293 KB, 1051x634
What are some notable examples of experimental artists finally giving up on art and selling out?

Pic related, it's the most notable case of selling out in 2015.
>>
>>60461771
That's a wrong pic, I guess.
>>
I don't get how he's a sellout, if you wanted to call Danny a sellout you could have posted commissions or something.
>>
>>60461840
of course he's a fucking sell out. look at those two files you fucking twat

>muh dont play with my puberty passion for Danny
>>
>>60461923
get fuckt
>>
How is he selling out? This album is just as "out there" as R Plus 7 was.
>>
>>
>>60461980
>"out there"
its out there to everyone

"HERE, I'M OUT THERE TAKE ME"
said 0pn in every possible medium in 2015, following the release of his le experimental video game puberty muzak

the joke's the same, the outcome is different
>>
>>60461923
>biggest release of the year on the largest electronic label
>surprised people are reviewing it
>>
more importantly, is dean blunt going to sell out in 2016, seeing how 0pn did it pretty much successfully?
>>
>>60461771
he's on warp you fucking retard
>>
>>60462052
no

i'm surprised people buy so much into it
>>
>>60462095
>he's on warp you fucking retard
>of course he's a sellout
did i fix this for you, or is the label not so relevant?
>>
He should do a Grimes collab now that they're both huge pop stars
>>
>>60461986
he flopped big time on this, bud

he was never skillful in selling out

don stayed experimental in his nature forever
he was born like that
>>
>>60462166
so all of the sudden he's a sellout? do you realize how much press he got for r plus 7 and replica? jesus fucking christ, you must have the attention span of a goldfish.

yeah, it's really not surprising that he's getting a million youtube hits and reviews when he's a major artist on a major label. kill yourself dude.
>>
>>60462245
>all of the sudden he's a sellout?
very did i say this?

you're jumping to conclusions faster than your brain can bear
>>
>>60462317
>very
*where
>>
>>60462317
you implied that him being on warp allows him to be a sellout

or maybe you thought that's what i was implying from the start
>>
>>60462033
So what's the problem? He has a bigger marketing campaign because he most likely has a lot more funding this time around. He's making just as creative things as before, if not more so with each record.
>>
very circular thread
>>
>>60462239
Who gives a shit if it flopped or not, it was a calculated sellout move.
>>
>>60462499
>calculated sellout move.
which people didn't buy into at the time. there was no constant web shilling to persuade you to buy it, unlike now

can't you see how naive children of the post-internet world are, calling 0pn's music "abstract, schizophrenic, nostalgic" trying with every marketing method to persuade you that it's something worth buying. what confounds me, isn't how they do it, which in itself looks incredibly transparent, but the way everyone buys into this "0pn is back; more abstract and deconstructive and better than ever" shit, when it's actually just obvious reach for the new audience and more money. stupid tumblr and tweeter age audience will earn you more money in 2015 than in 2013. its all charts.
>>
>>60462933
>which people didn't buy into at the time
hurr durr let's go in circles, that album fits the definition of OP perfectly. it was beefheart trying to sell out and make money, this is well documented. I like beefheart so I'm not talking shit, hell, I even like a few songs on those two records but let's not use mental gymnastics to act like he wasn't selling out. Fuck off.

I don't give a shit about 0pn because I don't listen to meme music.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.