[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when you FOUND 10cc?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: The_Very_Best_Of_10cc.jpg (18 KB, 293x294) Image search: [Google]
The_Very_Best_Of_10cc.jpg
18 KB, 293x294
Where were you when you FOUND 10cc?
>>
>>60461435
When my dad gave me a copy of deceptive bends and I realised they were the best art rock band ever
>>
Bonus question:

Who's better, 10cc or Supertramp?
>>
>>60461496
ELO
>>
>>60461538
good 1 lol
>>
>>60461548
But seriously I don't think they are comparable

10cc are a pop band with prog leaning whilst Supertramp are a prog band doing pop
>>
>>60461584
For me they go hand in hand as I became heavily into both at the same time. Know what you mean though dog

ELO are incredible also. Hoping to see them next year!
>>
>>60461435
I was in the car with my dad. I think we played Sheet Music front to back.
>>
10cc is cringey. They have moments of being amazing, but the rest is terrible.
>>
Superjail pilot episode, used Rubber Bullets as the theme song.
>>
File: 81it3n6WKcL._SL1200_.jpg (462 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
81it3n6WKcL._SL1200_.jpg
462 KB, 1200x1200
This is the best art rock album ever made, fight me
>>
>>60461745
Shitty opinion
>>
I think i was reading George Starostin reviews. Great band, The Original Soundtrack is very underrated.
>>
>>60461704
YES! Wall street shuffle is a massive hook of an opener.
>>
>>60461809
I'd give them a 20/80 success rate, but when they succeed it's some of the best shit ever.
It's too bad really.
>>
>>60461812
George is the only reviewer I like
>>
>>60461766
dat artwork
>>
>>60461830
What songs do you like?
>>
>>60461667
god i fucking hope so. with alone in the universe out hopefully that bashful fuck gets his head together enough to tour.
>>
>>60461766
I slightly prefer a night at the opera but yes :)
>>
>>60461881
It's been a while and I only listened to Original Soundtrack, but I really liked most of I'm Not in Love. Love the vocal harmonies going on, it feels like they're getting pretty close to the 80s with them. The Second Sitting for Last Supper too.

Most of their songs have amazing moments, but there's just so much fucking cheese around the edges, Un Nite in Paris being a great example. It's just silly while trying to be heavy.
>>
>>60462083
listen to deceptive bends its less wacky because two of the members left which seems to be your problem with the band
>>
>>60462188
I'll definitely check it out, I really enjoyed the stuff that I enjoyed from Original Soundtrack, but the opposite of that is true as well.
>>
>>60461435
[spoiler]Watching the pilot/first episode of Superjail on Adult Swim, a bit drunk, and they play that song Rubber Bullets[/spoiler]

I'm kind of a shitty person I think.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.