[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good USB mic for someone who's new to recording?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 810YezTuMWL._SL1500_.jpg (108 KB, 643x1500) Image search: [Google]
810YezTuMWL._SL1500_.jpg
108 KB, 643x1500
What's a good USB mic for someone who's new to recording?

Are the $50ish ones really that much worse than the $100ish ones? I really feel like I should drop $100 on pic related (Yeti Blue).

I'm looking to simply sing and play acoustic guitar, maybe piano.
>>
blue snowball + audacity

be sure to get a clean sample of the background to filter out the noise

>now gtfo
>>
the samson co1u sounds great but dont use audacity its terrible. Go with mixcraft or garageband before audacity
>>
>acoustic guitar and piano in mono
ok then
>>
>>60460510
>USB mic

Jesus no
>>
>>60460560
>be sure to get a clean sample of the background to filter out the noise
what do these words mean
>>
>>60460510
>USB Microphone

Don't do this, buy an audio interface and a XLR Mic. Or get a portable recorder like a zoom h4.
>>
>>60460622
>>60460649
I thought it would be better to start with something simple and cheaper like a USB mic since I have no idea what I'm doing.
>>
>>60460603
If I understand what you're saying, I would say that I intend to record the guitar and voice separately.
>>
>>60460622
>>60460649
gearfags are the worst fags of all
>>
>>60460642
record background noise so you can tell audacity to filter that out when you record
>>
>>60460681
it is better, dont listen to them. sounds like youre just starting out, purchase a cheaper mic to start out, usb mics can sound great. If you decide to get more serious then look for an xlr mic.
>>
File: 1447778510101.png (177 KB, 333x476) Image search: [Google]
1447778510101.png
177 KB, 333x476
Try the AT2020. I think the XLR version is better but you'll need a decent amp/DAC. Pricey and probably out of your budget, sorry bruv. Make sure to use a pop filter and Audacity to clean up your final master.

Good luck, my G.
>>
>>60460768
>amp/DAC
this fucking thread
>>
>>60460708
ooooh. That seems a great idea, thanks for the heads up.
>>
Is audacity better than garageband?
>>
File: StereoMic - XYconfiguration.jpg (423 KB, 1371x1024) Image search: [Google]
StereoMic - XYconfiguration.jpg
423 KB, 1371x1024
>>60460692
He's saying using two microphones at the same time for those instruments sounds better than one. Which is true, but layering and panning multiple takes still sounds pretty good

https://clyp.it/5ec1skcb
https://clyp.it/aop0sm3n

I'd suggest getting an audio interface and an sm57 (what I used in those two clips). Super versatile mic that'll still be coming in handy for years if you stick with recording
>>
>>60460859
no
>>
>>60460510
Yo OP if you're looking for headphones too I got the Audio-Technica m50x and the Blue Yeti Mic as a bundle on amazon for $200 a couple days ago. seprately they're like $280
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.