[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people still believe the vinyl sounds better meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Pleb.jpg (189 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Pleb.jpg
189 KB, 800x600
Why do people still believe the vinyl sounds better meme?
>>
>>60459388
Cuz it does you asshat.
>>
File: photo.png (30 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
30 KB, 250x250
>>60460584
> implying it's acceptable to listen to music at only 30 fps

console peasant
>>
>>60460614
> 30 fps
> music

How high are you?
>>
>>60459388
I like physical media.
I'd rather spend 20 bucks on an lp than buy it for 7.99 on itunes or whatever
The music seems more tangible
I like pressing the play button
I like seeing the disc spinning
I like supporting the artist
Even if it doesn't sound better, the whole process of playing music is much more desirable than simply making a few clicks and pressing play.
>>
>>60460732
Yeah that's the joke autist.
>>
>>60460732
It's a meme you dip
>>
>>60460741
This

The music doesn't really sound better, but i like having them as collectible objects and I like seeing the art big and having lyric sheets and art prints and big pictures and nice looking LPs. It feels nice to own them and hold them, it makes it a more wholistic experience.
>>
>>60459388

I've not listened to vinyl since the 80's, though don't begrudge who do, I can understand people who like vinyls pops and crackles, the same way a log fire pops and crackles, it's just homely and warm.
>>
>>60460741
>The music seems more tangible
what does this even mean?
>>
>>60460850
I can't touch an mp3 file; I can touch the grooves of an lp.
>>
>>60460897
>I can touch the grooves of an lp.
(but don't do that)
>>
File: 1375697738500.gif (1 MB, 266x268) Image search: [Google]
1375697738500.gif
1 MB, 266x268
>>60460897
>touch the grooves of an lp
>>
>>60460923
lmao I know but I can do it you know what I'm saying?
>>
>>60460897
dude take care of yr records
>>
>>60460897
>store .mp3 on hard disk
>take out hard disk
>touch it
>>
>>60460897
>I can touch the grooves of an lp.

I like to drag my fingernail across the grooves like i'm playing a washboard.
>>
>>60459388
Vinyl and CDs each have their strengths and weaknesses, so it's all just a matter of opinion. That said, I'll take a properly mastered CD over a properly manufactured LP any day just for the clarity.
>>
>>60461112

/r/ing that video of producers and mastering engineers objectively discussing CD vs Vinyl
>>
recordfags, I think it's time to stop trying to explain vinyl to people. Either they get it or they don't
>inb4 fedora flip dip a lip
>>
>>60460897
you can touch your computer, external hard drive, a cd, your mp3 player, ecc...
>>
vynils are analog so they effectively have infinite bitrate
>>
>>60459388
You stupid fuck, you probably have very limited knowledge on the matter so stop acting like you do. In that picture, the person is listening to the DCC vinyl from the 90s mastered by Steve Hoffman. The record player is a linn sondek with a cartridge that is probably worth more than your computer. Unless you are listening to the equivalent 24k CD released also by DCC or the MFSL version on a system as good as this person, the person in pic related has a superior listening experience.

You should also consider that not every person in the world listens to exclusively the shit that pitchfork tells them too. For new music, digital is probably the way to go. But if you listen to older that music that is more obscure, it might not exist on cd or with a digital version that has a decent mastering. These are the instances when vinyl wins, but it is overall a case by case situation. Making a generalization like you are doing is fucking stupid. Just because you download flac on piratebay doesnt mean you know anything about this stuff you underage kek
>>
>>60461711
*fedfora filp XD*
>>
>>60460584

Agree, If you have a really good turntable and good speakers, It Sounds superior to anything I've heard on CD or MP3
>>
>>60461711
BTFO
T
F
O
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.