[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's Your Favorite BoC album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: photo.jpg (24 KB, 452x451) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
24 KB, 452x451
Post em you tiny lil men. Fav and why

Also: straw poll up in here

http://strawpoll.me/6039944
>>
>>60459189
>tiny lil
>projecing this hard
>>
>>60459217

Disregard the above post so we can continue to talk about music.

plz and ty
>>
>>60459251
Geogaddi > MHTRTC >> TCH > TH
>>
>>60459310

(OP) Haven't properly analyzed TCH or TH but would come to the same conclusion solely based out of review and general consensus.

Many would argue MHTRTC is the prime, but my vote goes to Geo.
>>
MHTRTC = GEO > TCH >>>> TH
>>
>>60459189
Tomorrow's Harvest > Geogaddi > Campfire Headphase > Music has the right to children

Tomorrow's Harvest has the best atmospheric ambient textures I've ever heard, combined with subtle, cold synths. In my opinion it's the best example of what they're doing, no other BoC album is so hypnotizing and soothing.
>>
>>60459189

Catalog 3 > Closes vol. 1 > Play By Numbers > Acid Memories > Hopper Bay
>>
>>60459338
Geogaddi feels a lot more thematically focused than MHTRTC, which makes me enjoy the eerie yet homeley sound of it a lot more than whatever MHTRTC tries to do. Also, despite being longer with much more tracks, MHTRTC feels like it has a hell of a lot more filler.

You remember having that dream as a kid where you're visiting your grandparents and while at first you feel warm and comfortable in their comfy room, you slowly get this overwhelming feeling that they're actually not your grandparents but a bunch of folklore-tier devils wearing their masks, and for some reason they're not taking you away or anything but just observing you and shit?

Geogaddi is that dream.
>>
>>60461045

Both albums convey a sense of underlying exisential anxiety for me.

I'd like to think that even as a kid, I had my own tastes of various exixential crises. BoC make quite a few hints at religion and nihilism, my guess is that they had, like myself, experienced a lot of underlying fear of the nature of the universe as a kid.

On the flip side, it also seems they are quite nostalgic for the past. A very real juxtaposition I find quite fitting in BOTH albums. I think Geo does it better tho desu.
>>
>>60461045
I imagine MHTRTC is the story of kids who lived in this pastoral country town and went to a nice public school and played and learned and had fun, and Geogaddi is the story of kids a few towns over who lived in a really bleak, rust-belt esque town and went to a strict Catholic school. That's just how I picture the worlds of the two albums.
>>
Blue Oyster Cult, r-right?
>>
>>60462051
music has the right to fear the reaper
>>
Twoism, Hi Scores and Trans Canada Highway are not albums. Trans Canada Highway is shit anyway.
>>
>>60462103

fuck it mate
>>
>>60462103
>Trans Canada Highway is shit anyway.

Those interludes though. I don't rate them reusing Dayvan, or the Dayvan remix, but Heard From Telegraph Lines? Under The Coke Sign? Shit, they're fucken amazing.
>>
>>6046029
are you me? i feel so so alone in thinking that TH is their best album and one of the best releasez ive ever heard
>>
>>60463237
meant for>>60460299
>>
>>60460299
>soothing
Not a word I would use to describe Tomorrow's Harvest. I think it's unsettling, and harder to love because of this. Geogaddi is kind of unsettling too but in a more mystical kind of way, whereas TH is a lot of dark foreboding.
>>
File: dude sex.jpg (54 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
dude sex.jpg
54 KB, 636x358
>>60463357
Tomorrow's Harvest gives me really hard Deus Ex vibes, both the sound and the thematic it's got going on.
>>
>>60459189
Tomorrow's Harvest because I love the atmosphere of it. It's fantastic.

Come at me.
>>
>>60459189
Blue Oyster Cult sucks.
>>
File: campfire.jpg (64 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
campfire.jpg
64 KB, 480x480
Campfire Headphase makes me feel a way which none of their other albums do, so for that reason it's my favorite.

>>60462103
>Trans Canada Highway is shit anyway

For some reason it's my favorite EP of theirs.
>>
>>60459189
Album: MHTRTC
Release: Hi-Scores
>>
Music Has the Right to Children. Pleb choice, I know, but that record has such a groove like no other BoC album. Plus, it's super nostalgic (in a good way).
>>
I love Geogaddi, TH is second and Hi Scores is my favorite EP of theirs.
>>
>>60459189
Boc Maxima?
>>
File: MHTRTC.jpg (184 KB, 920x921) Image search: [Google]
MHTRTC.jpg
184 KB, 920x921
Olson alone is better than Geogaddi as a whole IMO.
>>
Geogaddi. Also, no love for In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country?
>>
I go through phases. Currently it's Geogaddi.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.