[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memerap was just a gateway genre, pitchfork and co. are slowly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: sadpepe.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
sadpepe.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
Memerap was just a gateway genre, pitchfork and co. are slowly transitioning into full poptimism mode. Soon memerap will be phased out for the likes of Grimes, Carly Rae Jepsen and Justin Beiber. The popshitting on /mu/ is only going to get worse.

This is the future of music boys.
>>
>>60455575
Yeah maybe for some people. But grindcore and Black Metal will always remain pure despite posers so I'm happy.
>>
>>60455575
>>60455600
Reading these make me feel like I'm 12 again.
>>
Im glad if nigger rap dies

But p4k transforming into rolling stone was obvious after that giant corporation bought them
>>
>>60455575
That happened quite a while ago.
>>
>>60455646
Remember kids, this is how popshitters will respond. They'll call you underaged, direct you to reddit or tip fedoras. Better get used to le right generationers pulling this shit 'cause they sure as fuck have no mind of their own.
>>
>>60455689
I have no clue why they always redirect people to Reddit. That poptimist shit is insane over there.
>>
>>60455689
I don't listen to pop though.
And nice usage of
>"le x generation xD" cause they're da sheeple
>>
>>60455575

all genres are potential vehicles for great music, get over it OP
>>
Pop isn't automatically bad you edgelord, if ridiculous amounts of money are put into making every aspect of it good then chances are it's going to be decent
>>
why do you care what styles of music pitchfork is celebrating? Why do you care what any journalism website thinks? Why are you bothered by other people's taste? YOU are the pleb op.
>>
>>60455815
>>60455796
>>60455780

p4k viral marketers please leave
>>
>>60455840
my comment literally dismisses pitchfork as just another publication. here's your reply
>>
The machine has us right where it wants us
Everyone around me are slowly turning into sheep
>>
>>60455870
Although this comment is edgy as fuck and most likely a joke, I agree with this sentiment.

I miss old /mu/.
>>
>>60455840

my comment didn't even mention pitchfork, it mentioned your contrarian instant general dislike for anything commercial. what are your favourite albums out of curiosity
>>
File: trump sjws.jpg (1 MB, 2429x1346) Image search: [Google]
trump sjws.jpg
1 MB, 2429x1346
>>60455899
your barley missing old mu now?
Like for the entire obama presidency its been nothing bust meme rap and pop faggots.
Hopefully trump can make mu great again
>>
>>60455870
not one to carry tinfoil hats, but there's some fuckery at work in here

every single publication is hyping up same old pop shit, obvious social media shills are also hyping these shitters, and the cancer already metastasized in moo
>>
>>60455899
The only difference between new /mu/ and old /mu/ is old /mu/ shitposted Hospice, Lil B, and Ke$ha a lot more.

This is why I can't take this cataclysmic "the world is ending because Bieber made a good album" bullshit seriously.
>>
>>60455932
i like whatever p4k and the mass media tells me to like cause im a retarded poptmist who only listens to commercial music
>>
>>60455689
>direct you to reddit
But that's how everyone responds to everything.
>>
>>60455934
Oh wow.
>>
>>604q55671
This tbhonest familia, I don't use p4k anymore
>>
>>60455575
Why continue to be posing?
Isn't every obscure stuff posting fiend just a closeted Bieber fan?
Time to come out /mu/.
>>
>>60455934
I was a frog in a pot.

You can slowly crank up the heat and I'll die without noticing.
>>
all you're seeing is corporate consolidation in an increasingly fragmented marketplace

in the future there will be just 'pop' and 'everything else'
where 'everything else' is millions of artists who nobody has heard of and 'pop' is 100% corporate pigswill

and there will be no competition or innovation for Universal to worry about
>>
>>60455575
Who even actually fucking cares about pitchfork
>>
The most ridiculous part is, poptism was born from an attitude of opposing ignorant fuckwits that believed there is no good modern music, an attitude born of being completely ignorant of anything modern past what plays on the radio. Poptism now embraces the same ignorance and praises nothing past the pop hits, shutting themselves away in wilful ignorance from any other kind of music, be it past or present, while resorting to the kind of rhetoric
>>60455689
outlined.

These poeple pretty much became a much, much more fucked up version of what they initially stood to oppose.
>>
>>60455943
>I've been here since 2013 guys!!!
>>
>>60456272

people want to prove others wrong instead of actually enjoying music. you're on this board, you should know that already.
>>
>>60456573
It's the same with video games, movies and pretty much every other form of media. I mean I'm only 21 so I don't know what shit was like back in the early 90s and 80s so I can't talk about those time periods, but this turning of any form of art into nothing more but a social accessory and a tribalistic statement honestly warps me into complete cynicism towards all modern culture and disdain for all who engage in it.
>>
File: punk_minor_threat.jpg (58 KB, 735x490) Image search: [Google]
punk_minor_threat.jpg
58 KB, 735x490
>>60455689
>tfw im not underaged im UNDERRAGED
>>
>>60455870
>not stating this in a haiku
The machine has us
right where it wants. Everyone
slowly turns to sheep
>>
>>60456822
>this
>a haiku
mmm mm
>>
>>60456822
in case you didn't know, a haku involves more than just inserting two enter keys into a regular single sentence so it's still the same continuous sentence only in three lines in the form of 5 7 5
>>
>>60457040
>All in the right place
>The machine impose its way
>Everyone is sheep

Better? Sounds so reznor.
>>
>>60457337
you tried to be clever and made an ass of yourself

just leave the thread m8
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.