[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I edgelording or is some of this guy's music actuall
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: manson.jpg (327 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
manson.jpg
327 KB, 1600x900
Am I edgelording or is some of this guy's music actually pretty decent?

https://youtu.be/mpx4ODP35VQ
>>
No but you're a retard if you have to ask that question
>>
You were always an edgelord, son
>>
>>60455452
no he was a good songwriter honestly
>>
>>60455452
as good as brian wilson
>>
Go watch the Boyd Rice interview with Manson.
Best interview ever.
>>
Actually, no matter what the individual thinks of him as a person, Manson really was rather talented musically. So talented that people like Redd Kross, Devo, GG Allin, and Guns and Roses all covered his songs from his first album. Even The Beach Boys felt the need to rip off one of his songs before that whole messy situation of the summer of 1969, and Neil Young had met him prior to that and saw the man's musical talents first hand.

>>60455528
Where can one see this interview?
>>
>>60455696
Which Manson song did the beach boys rip off?
>>
>>60455452
that's his ONLY decent song though.
>>
>>60455820
This one is pretty good too.

https://youtu.be/RlN5pxC7gjI
>>
>>60455452
>edgelording
fuck off reddit
>>
>>60455791
I don't think Manson recorded the song itself, and if it is, I don't think it's ever been released. I know it's not on the "Lie" album, but the song, "Never Learn Not To Love" was originally written by Charles Manson with a different title and arrangement, and slightly different lyrics. Manson was so upset by this he left a bullet with Dennis Wilson's name on it on his front porch.
>>
>>60455452
Hey! is that Danny Sexbang from Game Grumps lol xD
>>
>ALMOST CUT MYSELF ON THAT EDGY BR0 AHAAAAAA
>>>/reddit/
Also Manson was a fantastic songwriter. You're a moron.
>>
It was alright but nothing anyone would really give a shit about if he wasn't Charles Manson
>>
its not bad but there are plenty of 60s guitar folk-pop artists who sound similar and didnt command any murders
>>
charlie would've never been more than a cult folk artist. his influences were almost exclusively 1940s-50s crooners and the hippy kids he got involved with also influenced him to get a bit wilder. he learned from them, too. they used to jam at the spahn ranch and in the desert all the time.

if you track it down, he's made tons of music in prison with just his guitar, and while there's some cool bits here and there (like IM ON FIIIIIIIRE) most of it is really boring stuff, rambling hobo type of music with absolutely zero mainstream appeal.

without the murders, he'd have been forgotten as a weird 60s folk artist who faded out quickly. he was more of a parasite and leech who wormed his way into the lives of stars like the beach boys, only dennis was enamored by him at first, the rest were thoroughly creeped out and not very impressed by him musically.

comparing him to brian wilson tier talent as someone did in this thread is retarded. charlie had charisma that poured through in his performances but musically, he was totally lacking in comparison.

manson has always been a smoke and mirrors act, he was so able to fool those kids because he kept them permastoned and permatripping so hard that they lost all critical thinking capacity and took his bs at face value. if you read some of their autobiographies like paul watkins, you'll see just how gullible they really were.

remember, charlie was a good decade older than them and really street wisened from a lifetime in prison. they were just dopey kids out of highschool, immersed in a ladida flower power culture of the times. he took advantage, completely, mercilessly, of their stupidity and naivete.

and he's been living off his fame ever since, it fuels his ego, he's read every book about himself, fed into the myth the entire time.

charlie is a pretty pathetic person in reality and always has been.
>>
>>60456474
dennis beat the shit out of charlie and left him in tears after that incident, too. dennis was a bigger, stronger guy and none of charlie's street smarts could protect his little 5ft ass against an angry parent protecting his family.

dennis had enough of his shit
>>
>>60456574
>didnt command any murders
boring
>>
>>60456718
this piece of trivia never ceases to spook me. something about charles manson knowing the beach boys is just weird.
>>
>>60456696
I think you are referring to the album "One Mind". It's not as good as Lie, but it's an interesting album, nonetheless, if only for the background noise at the beginning and the end of each song. You can tell it was recorded in his prison cell. I don't think it was meant to have any mainstream appeal. Just a man in his own cell doing whatever he can to pass the time, since he's not going anywhere, anyway.

>... he was more of a parasite and a leech who wormed his way into the lives of rock stars.....

Well, everybody has to get their start somewhere.

>Manson has always been a smoke and mirrors act, he was so able to fool those kids because he kept them permastoned and permatripping that they lost all critical thinking capacity.......

Name a musician that DOESN'T do that. How do you think they become famous, and brainwash people to the point of gullibility that people will by dreck, and claim it as a masterpiece? Listen to what passes for "Music" these days....

>.... he took advantage, completely, mercilessly, o their stupidity, and naivety.
Tell me a band/musician that DOESN'T do this.

>And he's been living off his fame ever since...
Well, the federal laws are written in a way that Manson can't profit financially, so all he has is his fame. Any money he makes from anything he puts out must, by federal law, go to the victims' families.

>Charlie is a pretty pathetic person in reality, and always has been.

Once again, name me a musician that isn't.
>>
>>60456696
>According to Beach Boys collaborator Van Dyke Parks: "One day, Charles Manson brought a bullet out and showed it to Dennis, who asked, 'What's this?' And Manson replied, 'It's a bullet. Every time you look at it, I want you to think how nice it is your kids are still safe.' Well, Dennis grabbed Manson by the head and threw him to the ground and began pummeling him until Charlie said, 'Ouch!' He beat the living shit out of him. 'How dare you!' was Dennis' reaction. Charlie Manson was weeping openly in front of a lot of hip people. I heard about it, but I wasn't there. The point is, though, Dennis Wilson wasn't afraid of anybody!"

Haha holy shit
>>
>>60456780
And how do you feel about the fact that Neil Young once met Charles Manson, and thought he had talent and potential?
>>
>>60455452
He was reasonably talented and had a nice voice. He could've had an interesting recording career if things turned out differently.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.