[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There will never be a more beautiful, impactful, and influential
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: deafheave.sunbather.cover.jpg (907 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
deafheave.sunbather.cover.jpg
907 KB, 1400x1400
There will never be a more beautiful, impactful, and influential album then Sunbather. This is the pinnacle of metal and black gaze. Prove me wrong. There are no better albums out there.
>>
But you are right
>>
Good. No one can disprove me
>>
>>60450927
If sunbather had your average shitty black metal cover nobody would give a shit about it
>>
>>60451374
this
>>
fuck off dude, hahaha
>>
>>60451374

IM HOLLERING BAK HERE F@M
>>
File: cover.jpg (752 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
752 KB, 1400x1400
>Prove me wrong.

Done.
>>
vocals just kill it for me

Everything is so in line with my tastes but then the screaming just sucks out all the enjoyment I could get from it. It's a shame too because the songs are beautiful
>>
>>60451507
>he doesn't like harsh vocals

You're missing out mate.
>>
>>60450927
>There will never be a more beautiful, impactful, and influential album then sunbather.

To you. Don't tell me I'm forced to be obligated to your stupid opinions.
>>
>>60451535
i can get behind harsh vocals but not for literally the entire song/album

you've gotta work your way into it, you have to build up to it
>>
File: burden of proof.jpg (157 KB, 880x612) Image search: [Google]
burden of proof.jpg
157 KB, 880x612
>>60450927
>>
>>60451572
>you've gotta work your way into it, you have to build up to it

I really don't see why they have to be.
>>
it's a 6/10 at best.

Nothing special about the instrumentation, vocals are pretty standard fare, and the lyrics are cringeworthy middle school "dear diary I'm sad" nonsense.

It's not a bad record/band at all, they're a talented bunch, but it's not a mindblowing record like the internet says it is.
>>
>>60451625
because it's grating otherwise
>>
>>60451634
To you I suppose it is. I don't find it grating at all. It's just another instrument really.
>>
>>60451654
to each his own, i'm just dropping my two cents
>>
File: cover.jpg (849 KB, 1645x1456) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
849 KB, 1645x1456
Is that an alternate cover? I've never seen a version with a gradual fade into purple.
This is what every other one I've seen looks like.
>>
>>60451671
And I was dropping mine. I honestly think that people who have a problem with harsh vocals are missing out on an incredible amount of music. There are whole genres that would be completely missed because someone doesn't like the vocals, like many sub-genres of metal.
>>
>>60451694
nah man thats some fan made shit probably
>>
this is kinda similar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68_88ULF1R4
>>
>>60451507
This
>>
File: dfhvn-newbermuda-cover-f-rgb.jpg (2 MB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
dfhvn-newbermuda-cover-f-rgb.jpg
2 MB, 1425x1425
done
>>
>>60453391
naaah
>>
>>60453391
The cover is much better, though.
>>
>>60450927
It's very well executed piece of Post-Metal/Blackgaze and could be an excellent gateway album for people looking for more than just a token pick in a genre outside their comfort zone. But the problem comes from people with only a baseline familiarity with metal hyping this as some giant leap forward for the genre when bands like WIITR, Alcest, Weakling, etc. have been doing this shit since the 00's and Burzum, Ulver, Ved Buens Ende, In the Woods..., Fleurety laid the groundwork for this Post-Black style in the 90's. For a modern example I think Panopticon's Social Disservices is much more powerful, emotionally resonant and more fundamentally metal than this album.
>>
>>60451594
/thread
>>
File: 1000x1000.jpg (95 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1000x1000.jpg
95 KB, 1000x1000
>>
>>60451407
I hate this cover so much
>>
>>60453391
Artwork: great
Music: not that much
>>
>>60454927
this

i mean, SUN BAT HER is p mediocre but if you think blackgays is emotionally resonant then .neon by Lantlos should be the apex of that
>>
>>60451407
Is this album a meme or is it really good?
>>
>>60450927
>never be a more beautiful
it's not even in the top 5 most beautiful shoe gaze metal albums. go listen to alcest
>impactful
what did it impact? just because p4k put a lot of money into publicizing the band and giving it good scores doesnt mean it's been impactful
>influential
who did it influence?

>pinnacle of metal and black gaze
sure if thats the only album in the genre you've heard
>>
File: 1410836204967.jpg (84 KB, 918x495) Image search: [Google]
1410836204967.jpg
84 KB, 918x495
>>60451407
WAOH AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHH AAHHH HAAA AAAH AAHHH AAAAH
>>
This morning, precisely at 6 AM, I forced myself out of a lofty perch amidst warm covers and into the cool morning air. I had decided the night before, and I was resolute, that I would go for an early morning run. So I quietly laced up, donned a sweatshirt, inhaled a glass of water, and was on my way into the misty morning darkness.

The previous night, I'd given the soundtrack to my excursion plenty of forethought. I'd need something atmospheric, exquisite, and thrilling... something that encapsulated the early morning campus ambiance in all of its chilling glory. vSunbather would be the perfect sort of music for my intents and I decided to give the group another shot.

I was blown away. Speechless. The record is immaculate. Eerie, foreboding, gloomy, magnificent, monolithic. Massive. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect soundtrack to my trek across the campus ground, and I really can't quite explain why. Words evade me, and I can only hope you would have the same experience some day.

As I approached the end of my route, I acted on impulse and backtracked to the bluffside in hopes of catching the sunrise. I sat on a lonely column of rock high above the ocean waves and rested, digesting what had just transpired. As I waited for the first sign of that fiery ball of hydrogen and helium on the horizon, deep in contemplation, a lone dolphin fin arched up above the swells. It was fucking beautiful. This is the kind of shit that people give God credit for. This is what creates religious nuts.

My catacean friend quickly disappeared along the coast, and as it bid me adieu, the sun had just began to shine on my infinitesimal self. The skyline was beautiful on fire, a blaze of orange, purple, and blue. I sat in silent awe for some time.

...my soundtrack had long since concluded, and it was high time I found my way home to a hot shower.
>>
>>60451791
It's not though. Look it up. The covers that come up don't have that strong of purple.
>>
>>60455221
It's seriously a great fucking album.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.