[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone else seen Deafheaven on their latest tour yet? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: a0622773824_10[1].jpg (493 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
a0622773824_10[1].jpg
493 KB, 900x900
Has anyone else seen Deafheaven on their latest tour yet?

I just watched them in Orlando on wednesday, and it was by far the most fun I've ever had at a performance. The crowd's energy was amazing, George puts on a good show and sounds the same live, and he handed me the mic and I sang Dream House with him at the end.

10/10
>>
I saw them last year and was completely blown away consequently declaring him frontman of the decade.

I only heard the new album once but didnt really like it so I'm glad to hear they were great.
>>
>>60409188
ive dowloaded this from like 5 different sources and they were all fakes kek.
>>
>>60409242
What didn't you like about the new album? I was skeptical cause I thought Sunbather couldn't be beat, but Bring Me To Water and Luna blew me away.
>>
>>60409188
I saw them in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. They're incredible live and they close with Sunbather and Dream House which is GOAT. Was Envy the opener for you guys?
>>
>>60409242
I've never seen Deafheaven live, how is the frontman that good? Doesn't he just scream?
>>
>>60409272
its a little hard to say since I only heard it once when it came out but

Getting Used to Our New Members: The Album

but definitely not a qualified opinion with only one listen
>>
>>60409188
I saw them in philly and it was incredible. Honestly thought Evny's performance was even better than deafheaven, which says a lot
>>
>>60409283
stage presence? I wouldn't really wanna say performance and definitely not vocals although for they are its perfectly fine.
>>
>>60409278
Na, it was Tribulation. I didn't really care for them.
>>60409283
He interacts with the audience a lot, and you can kind of feel how passionate he is about his music. He would like embrace people in the crowd, give us the mic and let us sing a big part with him (I want to dream at the end of dream house), talked to us a bit, cool guy.
>>
I've seen them four times and every time they sound better and the crowd gets worse. Im fine w their fan base becoming more casual/non metal fan oriented but jesus christ there were so many hipsters trying to mosh that had no idea what they were doing and were really killing the mood. Some guy was knocking people over during the end of come back lol like why
>>
File: IMG_3424.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3424.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
it was fucking insane
>>
>>60409328
*for what they are
>>
>>60409272

Yup, the first two tracks are downright amazing. I love the first half of Baby Blue too, but the second half is where the album starts going downhill.
>>
>>60409331
>and the crowd gets worse.
yeah I kinda dont even know if I'm in the mood to tell the story. Its really not much of one but still I agree. Again though for what it was it did seem to work crowd included.
>>
>>60409331
Sucks, the crowd in Orlando knew what was up. Moshing in the front, chill in the back. There were a lot of hipsters though, some guy next to me was wearing cat ears.
>>
>>60409364
First two tracks really nail what made Deafheaven so good imo. The fast, wordy beginning, calm interlude, George screaming some blunt, emotional one liner. Love it.
>>
File: 12_fenrizbedroomheadbang.jpg (429 KB, 687x500) Image search: [Google]
12_fenrizbedroomheadbang.jpg
429 KB, 687x500
Bretty good show. Went to the second show of the tour in Pomona. Dude with long blonde hair up front was doing the generic black metal pose the entire time Tribulation played was hilarious.
>>
>>60409370

That being said I saw them before sunbather came out and the crowd was literally dead so i guess it is better than that.

>>60409371

Word? i saw them in austin last night. It was a free show + hipster paradise city so quite a lot of the ppl were clearly unfamiliar with their music (getting really aggressive before clean parts etc etc). Idk man I love moshing but deafheaven is one of those bands I just want to scream along to and headbang, which was pretty much their live vibe from 2013-2014.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447621273652.jpg (37 KB, 1136x395) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447621273652.jpg
37 KB, 1136x395
George is more of a madman than GG Allin and MC Ride combined

I saw them in philly last weekend, George just screams his head off into the audience. I was in the front and he locked his eyes with mine for what seemed like an eternity during Luna, kinda creeping and staring from the back of the stage near the drumkit to his microphone stand, the whole time giving me the fucking death stare. It was shit like that the entire night. I even got a concussion when somebody stagedove onto me head-first, but it was a top notch show. Plus George is a b e a u t i f u l man desu.
>>
>>60409415
True. The biggest factor that played into the pushing around was that everyone just wanted to get as close as they could to George cause he was so interactive with the people upfront. So, you just had people jumping all over each other to give him a high five.
>>
File: 4lo9681.jpg (107 KB, 352x338) Image search: [Google]
4lo9681.jpg
107 KB, 352x338
>>60409188

I've seen them twice in a little more than a year. The first time was a much smaller venue (Ottobar) It was fucking amazing and their sound was fucking tight as hell. I saw them last Friday (Howard Theater), still great show, George was on point and the drummer is fucking relentless, but honestly they fucked up their sound check, and Kerry was kind of a mess. Whole show was great (Envy stole it completely) But Kerry kind of threw my mood off. His playing was incredibly sloppy as opposed to a year ago, he was drunk as shit, and he's gotten super fuckin' tubby. George grabbed my hands though.

10/10 both times would grip the wheel again.
>>
>>60409454

Man kerry is actually a really bad guitarist. One of my fav bands but he plays like shit live and can't write a not-cheesy solo worth a damn
>>
>>60409454
Kerry got thick. He was wearing a really tight shirt too.

>>60409447
I'd breed with George
>>
>>60409468
I agree. I'm a man, but it wouldn't stop me from trying to be impregnated.
>>
>>60409466

I really wish they would rotate him with Shiv, I feel like he's really underutilized and overall a way better guitar player. The wah peddle in baby blue is almost something I have to brace for impact for every time I listen to that song.
>>
I saw them summer 14 at Pitchfork festival, they were pretty good.
>>
>>60409415
>I saw them before sunbather came out and the crowd was literally dead
interesting, maybe the show I saw was even more special than I thought
>>
>>60409413
That happened in Atlanta too, I didn't really like Tribulation but I give them props for having fun with it. Half the crowd was giving the trve black metal hands after every song
>>
>>60409188
Saw them the day before Halloween in Chicago. One of the best shows Ive ever been too. Incredible live.
>>
>>60409298
To me it seemed like the changes in sound came a lot more from the production and incorporating more influences into their music. Personally I loved it. Not necesarily better or worse than sunbather in my opinion, just different. Maybe give it another try. If you still don't like it, it may just not be for you
>>
>>60409188
Yup, best show that I can remember. Insane energy, crazy execution, and yeah Goerge is the most exciting frontman in music right now.
>>
Anybody else see Envy open for them. They were just as good as Deafheaven. Been loving their stuff lately.

Also, am I the only one that loves the guitar solo on Baby Blue. It feels like a throwback to old 80's metal with the wha pedal. I fucking love that.
>>
File: image.jpg (532 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
532 KB, 2048x1536
I saw them last week.
I had seen them opening for BTBAM previously and had been blown away then, and even though I wasn't crazy about NB I knew they'd put on a good show.
I was beyond pissed I didn't get Envy but still. Tribulation were fun, if kind of gimmicky.
The energy during Deafheaven was great. Everyone was having fun, there weren't any dicks in the crowd. People in the front were absolutely insane, George was giving off so much energy. He has unparalleled control of the crowd, everyone would stand still or rush forward with a single movement of his hands. The sound was good. I thought Kerry was a bit off his game but that may just be his thing now, it wasn't interfering with the set or anything. George's new screams are even better than the Sunbather ones live, it sounds like he's just destroying his throat.

Met them after the show, they were cool guys. George was appreciative of the compliments (there were a couple of teenage fangirls which I thought was kind of funny and weird).

To top the night off, ICP was playing upstairs, and after the set Faygo soaked through the ceiling and started to rain on everyone. People were horrified but I thought it was hilarious.
>>
>>60409743
I thought I was the only one! I'm really not even a fan of 80s heavy metal. I just feel like for whatever reason, that wah solo works in that song. Really fun to listen to imo
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>60409762
A literal pool of Faygo, they had to put a tent over the mixing desk
Any ATL in?
>>
>>60409695
>and incorporating more influences into their music.
yeah like their new members. I mean that seems like a pretty understandable case.
>>
>>60409762
Oh shit you saw them at the masq? Super jealous dude. I couldn't make it due to school shit. Glad to hear it was a good show
>>
>>60409817
Yeah, it was nice. If you haven't seen them you've got to next time they come around
>>
>>60409762
>He has unparalleled control of the crowd
well put
>>
>>60409837
Yeah I've never seen a front man control a crowd the way George does. He's incredible.
>>
I had a chance to see them a couple years ago, but skipped it because I didn't have anyone to go with.
I regret it now that I hear almost nothing but good things about Deafheaven's live performance. One of my friends saw them live because he liked the opening band and he said even though he thought Deafheaven were a bunch of pretentious faggots, he had to admit they put on an intense show.
>>
>>60409242
im consequently declaring redditors out.
>>
>>60410761
swing and a miss

what else ya got
>>
>>60410781
you sound really miserable, have you considered the easy way out?
>>
>>60410850
life isn't worth starting but it is worth finishing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY_Oex-Zk3c

and there's a difference between finishing and quitting
>>
i was at that show OP. it was my 4th time seeing them live. they were best when i saw them the week after sunbather came out. they're a better fit for venues like backbooth or will's pub but i know now that they're too "big" to play those venues again.

tribulation was cheesy as fuck but not bad
>>
>>60409272
It's shoegazey metalcore. Legit has some fucking breakdowns
>>
>>60409188
Yup. Incredible. Saw them in Seattle and they killed it. The venue has a bar upstairs and there's a balcony right above the side of the stage about 15 feet high or so and I got to be right above the entire time. George looked up at us and pointed at my buddy and I. It was a fun show.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.