[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw only listen to music for the albums and don't give
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1442931010633.jpg (12 KB, 180x153) Image search: [Google]
1442931010633.jpg
12 KB, 180x153
>tfw only listen to music for the albums and don't give a shit about the artist's life
>i don't even have a clue of how most musicians on my library even look like
>>
>>60408533
it's good to know though, it gives a bit of perspective
>>
this is patrician as you're focusing on the music and not the image
>>
File: 1445546903704.jpg (43 KB, 466x395) Image search: [Google]
1445546903704.jpg
43 KB, 466x395
>>60408571
>you could've ran into a musician you like on the street without realizing
>>
>>60408533
I do this too.

>>60408636
Damn.
>>
>>60408571
>not studying every aspect of the musician and their lives to fully comprehend and appreciate their work

Yeah pal, real fukken patrish
>>
>>60408787
>not understanding what the artist intended by sole listening
Stay plen newfren
>>
>>60408533
it's really only important for some genres. for EDM it doesn't really matter at all. For rap it's most important.
>>
>>60408821
>not limiting your superhuman mental powers and trying to live a pleb life

Absolutely groos
>>
>>60408533
Reading about Nick Blinko is what really made Cacophony click for me
>>
I don't know how people care about band members unless they have huge personalities or are murderers like Varg.
>>
Knowing the artist can actually be really important to understanding the messages they present through their music in many cases
>>
>>60409157
See
>>60409160
>>
If I knew what the lead dinner and guitarist of Camel looked like before listening I wouldn't have. But they're one of my favorite bands because I did what the op said for months
>>
I do this until their a favourite of mine and I know that finding out about them won't change my views on them.

although, I hated the singer from Long Fin Killies voice until I found out he was black. Then it made more sense for some reason.
>>
>>60409157
Varg's music doesn't really have much to do with his life.
>>
File: kingkrule.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
kingkrule.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
I normally do that as well.

King Krule surprised me the best upon finding out what he looks like.
>>
> Caring about the music based on its intrinsic value and appreciating the songs as free standing pieces of art
haha what a fucking pleb
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.