[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have their new song they posted today? Fortress>Scurrilous>Kezia>Volition.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Protest_the_Hero_-_Fortress.jpg (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Protest_the_Hero_-_Fortress.jpg
43 KB, 300x300
Anyone have their new song they posted today?
Fortress>Scurrilous>Kezia>Volition.
>>
>>60407503
wew lad

Volition=Kezia=Fortress>Scurrilous
>>
>>60407503
just buy it faggot it's good shit
>>
>>60408007
Never understood why people hate Scurrilous. That's a sick album.
>>
I genuinely can't rank their albums. They're one of the most consistent bands I've ever listened to.

Fortress is my favorite right now.
>>
Fav lyrics?

Obligatory:

"Language is the heart's lament, a weak attempt to circumvent the loneliness inherent in the search for permanence."
>>
>>60408189
Scurrilous and volition have terrible lyrics.
>>
File: cover.jpg (2 MB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
2 MB, 2500x2500
>>60408257
lmao
>So drape yourself in the finest velvets, cape, mask, and tights
>And jump from the closest, tallest building and reach new heights

>It’s irrelevant, her relation to me
>No one is innocent if they go free
>No one is innocent if they go free
>When we hand raise the beast, and the beast runs wild
>We must speak of our own involvement in the rape of a child

great lyrics, both from volition

new song is pretty garbage desu. Ragged tooth showed a lot of promise, but this is kinda bad. All of the guitar just feels like scale-playing wank for the most part and the drumming feels like some awkward pop-punk revival.

Listening to the instrumental right now, picking up on some weird time signatures. Song starting to grow on me.

Anyways, link to the files

>Cover
http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/TPdOg2yF/file.html
>Song(Flac)
http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/w9Br6jWZ/file.html
>Instrumental(Flac)
http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/CJpGtPov/file.html
>Lyrics sheet and additional artwork (Pdf)
http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/uuj8O2SD/file.html
>>
>>60408007
Swap fortress and scurrilous and you're on the trolley
>>
>>60408189
>Sometimes a knife right through your heart is exactly what you need
>Sometimes the things that you're ashamed of make you who you're supposed to be

That part gave me chills the first time I heard it
>>
>>60408594
Scurrilous>Fortress?

Not hating, just curious to why you like that album more than what many consider to be there best.
>>
>>60408627
The songwriting isn't as good on fortress in my opinion. It just sounds like a bunch of riffs put together. Also I might have just got burnt out listened to it over and over again in high school
>>
>>60408487
lyrically i'd say
Fortres>Kezia>Scurrilous>volition
Not that i care that much about their lyrics its just their last two kind of pissed me off a times.
Thanks for the link you made my night
>>
>>60408701
what moments pissed you off on volition and scurrilous?
>>
>>60408681
>The songwriting isn't as good on fortress in my opinion. It just sounds like a bunch of riffs put together

That's what kezia and scurrilous were as well.

Volition is the album when they started to put together songs with a process that starts with them playing around each other intentionally. Before that they just sat around in a room and jammed together until they had their song written.

Not to say that they didn't have good musician ship before that, its just that it came organically through playing together for years upon years of being friends and diddling around together in their basements.
>>
>>60408257
Man Cest la vie, Dunsel, Toungue Splitter, Yellow Teeth, Plato's Triparite and Skies all have great lyrics
>>
holy shit the opening riff to tidal and the 1st riff after the intro of drumhead trial sound ridiculously similar. Have protest finally lost their ingenuity?

Tidal sounds like it has a lot of recycled or near recycled material on it.
>>
>>60408848
I agree with all besides skies
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.