[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>genuinely enjoying some songs like Sorry Why, /mu/? I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 1
File: biebs.jpg (85 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
biebs.jpg
85 KB, 600x600
>genuinely enjoying some songs like Sorry
Why, /mu/? I thought Bieber was just a spoiled rich asshole who did shitty music for a living.

Also, general musicians you like but don't wanna like thread.
>>
>>60407012
you probably just find it catchy, not actually good
>>
>spoiled rich asshole
exactly, so he can hire whoever he wants to make catchy beats that he can whine over

dont feel bad, this albums got some bangers
>>
>>60407012
Pop singers are now getting some good Pop producers, that's it. Sorry is great desu.
>>
>>60407051
>>60407052
so jb doesn't even help in the creating process?
>>
>>60407098
He probably doesn't even write his own shit. And if he does, it's not good in any way. Still, it has some jams, and there's no denying that.
>>
I don't want to like 90's alternative, but I really like 90's alternative.
>>
Cause despite all the shit he does he's still a good singer and whoever's idea it was to get Skrillex to produce some stuff for him was a fucking genius.

Can't get over how that album cover looks like that Prince album though.
>>
>>60407206
bands in particular?
>>
>>60407212
which one?
>>
>>60407491
STP, Vertical Horizon, Incubus, Those random ones like Tonic, Howie Day, Edwin McCain, Marcy Playground, Wallflowers, Third Eye
>>
Production was good but I still think Bieber did the beats justice with his vocals. i don't think i would have enjoyed as much if someone else's voice was over them
>>
>>60407702
I think really any decent black R&B star could do these beats justice. I'm listening to the album right now.
>>
>>60407724
>black r&b star
We're talking pop artists. I still think Bieber did better than most could, with a black dude singing it would definitely lose most of its pop vibe and feel more r&b. Like just imagining a black guy singing what do you mean or sorry turns me off to those songs
>>
>>60407814
Maybe you're just racist bro. Justin Bieber sings with the style of a black R&B artist.
>>
>>60407865
examples?
>>
>>60407865
>racist
No, i only listen to hip hop with some r&b here and there. just like bieber can't sing some songs black artists can the same way those black singers can't sing bieber's songs and do em justice
>>
>>60407890
What do you mean? He learned from Usher and it's apparent in the fact that he sings like black R&B singers.
>>
>>60407923
I'm a pretty racist dude and I think that's ridiculous man.
>>
>>60407924
>learned from Usher
You're kidding right? He's been singing since he was a kid, only thing Usher did was help get him some recognition. Usher's contribution begins and ends there
>>
>>60407957
He sang before, but Usher coached him. Regardless of how much influence he had, Justin Bieber sings like black R&B singers and very few white men adopt that style.
>>
>>60407949
How the hell is that ridiculous? I'm not saying they can sing as good as him but the songs will just lose the vibe that's given off from justin's singing.
>>
>>60407012
Do you realize artist are just actors and products, right? you can't tell the way he really is in his personal life
>>
>>60407012
>general musicians you like but don't wanna like thread
these:
>musicians you like but don't wanna like thread
these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VO93RPUklk
>>
>>60408040
Usher could sing all these songs and I would like it just as much, and like I said I think blacks are bad so I don't know how we disagree on this.
>>
>>60407983
>Usher coached him
[citation needed]
And I disagree with you, when he sings he sounds pretty white to me, with some glimpses here and there of black influence
>>
>>60408062
Mashallah allahu akbar brother, takbeer takbeer
>>
>>60407012
Word, Mark my Words is so damn good. Not diggin most of the other tracks though
>>
>>60408082
I mean I can tell he's white because of his voice, but the style he uses is that of predominantly black singers. It'd be like saying that MGK, Mac Miller songs would be worse if rapped by black dudes.
>>
>>60408102
We Are and Been You are pretty fucking sweet imo
>>
>>60408157
No sense and company are pretty lit too
>>
>>60408177
I'm surprised by how much I like this album. Some serious bangers.
>>
>>60407534
fuck ya Wallflowers man. Only album my parents had growing up.
>>
>(feat. ed sheeran)
>(feat. big sean)
>(feat. tra$h scott)
>(feat. halsey)
>(with skrillex & diplo)

has an album ever collected this many talentless hacks before? did bieber book all these people to make him sound better in comparison?
>>
>>60408304
Ed Sheeran really isn't that bad. You conspicuously left out Nas as well.
>>
>>60408128
Well if that's true cause now that i think about it he kinda does show more than a bit of his black r&b'ish influence in a lot of his songs, i'll go back to my point earlier that black artists still won't do his songs justice. Because bieber sounds fairly white with a black style of singing as we've agreed on, which makes his songs pretty distinctive and can't be replicated easily or even enhanced imo.

And nah, black rappers would probably make all their songs better because white rap sucks
>>
>>60407098
pop stars basically never write their own music.
>>
>>60408304
>travis scott
Not even that bad
>Ed Sheeran
Dude isn't even bad either, all he did was help write some lyrics on one song though
>big sean
debatable
>halsey
yeah she kinda sucked

and u left out nas like the other guy said
>>
>>60408416
and skrillex is a pretty respectable figure, he's the one who made half of those bangers on his album
>>
>>60408320
i didn't even know nas was on this considering he's hidden behind all the ***bonus edition*** subheadings

i'm not surprised he's still handing out features to trendy artists for a quick cheque and awkward reminder that he's still around, meanwhile bieber gets some REAL RAP cred
>>
>>60408449
I don't get that worked up about music but don't ever insult Nas while simultaneously saying Bieber has real rap cred.
>>
>>60408476
he does though, he jumps on tracks with drake, young thug, future (never been released), had plans to work with kanye and some other big names. nas aint getting those kinda features how hard he tries
>>
>>60408614
He's also a middle aged man. Get back to me when Bieber puts out anything close to Illmatic.
>>
>>60408647
i'm not saying he's as good a rapper as nas, but he's more preferred to be on tracks with all those big names than nas is, which is actually sad. just saying he kinda has more street cred and relevance than nas
>>
Get used to it is a jam
>>
>>60408731
Maybe because he's 20 and Nas is in his 40's.
>>
>>60408476
the only reason these artists grab nas is to secure some rap cred, hence why he was also on a madonna album this year

it's the easiest way to essentially say that they know & respect the culture so crusty 90's rap fans like you might consider listening to their stuff
>>
>>60408786
so? kanye is touching 40
>>
>>60408815
>It's the easiest way to essentially say that they know & respect the culture so crusty 90's rap fans like you

Glad you outed yourself as a child.
>>
>>60408840
Nas also doesn't really rap anymore.
>>
I dont listen to his music but I have hung out with him twice, he is actually a pretty nice dude though
>>
>>60409093
>I have hung out with him twice
who tf do you think you are mang
>>
>>60408412
not true btw
>>
>>60409254
elaborate
>>
Mark My Words is a masterpiece. Prove me wrong.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.