[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey Guys! Cool chat-space you have here... anyways, thought i'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4
Hey Guys! Cool chat-space you have here... anyways, thought i'd share my fav's :3

P.S. I am new here, so plz be Nice to meeeeee
>>
>>60398870
None of these albums are bad except Metamorphosis. The main arguments against these albums are popularity because this board is full of people who need to feel unique and superior because of their taste in media.
>>
>>60398897
>None of these albums are bad except Metamorphosis. The main arguments against these albums are popularity because this board is full of people who need to feel unique and superior because of their taste in media.
Holy fuck you cannot actually believe this
>>
>>60398870
I gues Folie a Deux is pretty gay too.
>>
>>60398917
Oh shit I didn't see Limp Bizkit.

No man, I'm very much serious. This board will outright just hate something because it's well known unless it's Taylor Swift. Sometimes I like bands and music because of technical prowess and for example Chester Bennignton blows a ton of singers out of the water with his skill.
>>
>>60398870
Those two Green Day albums are good, fuck you guys
>>
>>60398870
American idiot was a stand against the GWOT in popular music an the way the country was headed. It was good music and had meaning to it.
>>
>>60398870
black parade is surprisingly good
>>
>>60398947
I would understand if you were talking about DSOTM or some shit, but Drowning Pool? POD? Really?

All you're saying is a result of a knee-jerk reaction to distinguish yourself from every other person on this board. There is no way you can enjoy something like Tokio Hotel or fucking Disturbed
>>
>>60398897
>This is true
Although there are a few albums on this list that are pretty fucking gay
>>
I loved American Idiot when I was younger
>>
>>60398870
omfg finally somone here who love green day. They are horribly underrated. Amrecian idiot is the best album ever since music started
>>
>>60398993
There is literally nothing wrong with POD.

It's not a knee jerk reaction, I genuinely enjoy much of this music and appreciate the skill it takes to make it. I think a lot of the hate here for this type of music stems from feelings of needing to feel unique.
>>
>>60398954
Agreed, though I'm probably blinded by nostalgia
>>
>>60398978
mcr is a fucking great band.

also linkin park isn't bad at all either. i was driving with my brother earlier in the week and we were talking about how despite how cheesy it all is it's good music.

you can always tell it's a LP song by the synths tho lmao
>>
>>60399005
Right, Metamorphosis, Scream, and Significant Other and Folie a Deux are gay as fuck. I don't know enough of Come Whatever May, Sinner or Scars on Broadway to make a judgment. Everything else is hated because of an undeserved air of superiority.
>>
>>60399062
>2009
>nostalgia
fuck off little senpai
>>
>>60399044
>There is literally nothing wrong with POD.
Basically everything wrong with nu metal, with Christian lyrics
Abject shit

>I genuinely enjoy much of this music and appreciate the skill it takes to make it.
It takes NO skill. Compare every nu metal band from the mid 90s to early 2000s and you will find that NOTHING stands out, in the slightest. It's widely considered (rightly) one of the worst things to happen to popular music

>feelings of needing to feel unique.
Or maybe we just enjoy music that is unique and varied. I like Albert Ayler, and Tim Buckley and Yoshihide Otomo, not because I need to fulfill some need in myself for validation, but because I enjoy different textures and artistic intentions in music

>diehipsterdie
Oh fuck off
Fuck off back to whatever accepting hugbox you came from. Get off here; you are not a true fan of music
>>
>>60399125
>Significant Other and Folie a Deux are gay as fuck
those are the best albums on the chart my dude
>>
If you People actually like this fucking shit-storm chart, then you must be retarded.

Either that, or you're All having a Mass craving for cheese...

Are you high?
>>
>>60399167
Youth of a Nation is a good song.

It does take skill, lets here you sing like Chester Bennignton. Also, don't forget that this genre was brand new. They decided to mix metal and hip hop and some of it was good. I'm not from a hugbox I just refuse to circlejerk with you guys for the sake of circlejerking. It's nauseating.
>>
>>60399246
nah circlejerking is the best part of /mu/
>>
>>60399246
hear*
>>
>>60399268
There's nothing that bothers you about a bunch of people agreeing with eachother and stubbornly rejecting new or different ideas?
>>
>>60399216
I've been exploring all kinds of music for practically my entire life and have found a lot of favorites that I only hear talked about on here, yet I've never fallen to the "huehueh my music is better than yours lepepe.png" mentality. How does it feel to never be invited anywhere?
>>
>>60399246
Lots of nu-metal bands are good. The ones on your pic are garbage. Also, the whole metal/hip-hop thing was done by RATM before those guys way better.
>>
>>60398870
Meteora and Folie a Deux are the best albums on that picture. Everything else is meh.
>>
>>60399138
You can be nostalgic for shit that happened a few weeks ago
>>
>>60399311
How is Meteora or Hybrid Theory garbage?
>>
>>60399246
>Youth of a Nation is a good song.
Say it was. Say it was a good song; why the fuck would a single song justify a whole band's existence?

>sing like Chester Bennignton
Singing doesn't matter when you can't write for shit. Also, logical fallacy ('let's see YOU do it!")

>genre was brand new. They decided to mix metal and hip hop and some of it was good
Something being new =/= said thing being good. You can make an argument for Deftones and maybe, maybe RATM, but other than that the genre was god-fucking-awful

>I'm not from a hugbox I just refuse to circlejerk with you guys for the sake of circlejerking. It's nauseating.
So, talking about legitimately good music of many varieties (classical, jazz, experimental, etc) is circlejerking? Oh wait, no it isn't
I won't deny there are some artists who are over-praised and over-exposed on here, but I would rather tolerate Sufjan being posted than see fucking Disturbed in this board
>>
>>60399349
Because the normies outside of our super secret club know about them :-(
>>
>>60399349
Ok those ones are pretty nice. I guess I should have said the majority of those.

Thousand Suns is the best LP album btw
>>
File: 1447015395941.jpg (40 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1447015395941.jpg
40 KB, 600x400
>>60398870
>vomit
>>
scars on broad, good shit
>>
>>60399311
>Lots of nu-metal bands are good

Such as?
>>
>>60399291
honestly no, not really
>>60399349
most of the songs are exactly the same and extremely basic in terms of structure and riffs which gets boring, they have close to zero good hooks or melodies, granted they did the synthesizing styles thing pretty organically though
>>
>>60399361
Sufjan is a whiny pussy who thinks whisper singing and sounding like he's about to cry all the time is a good idea.

When you say a band sucks because their writing isn't complex, you neglect the fact that people don't always want to listen to complex lyrics and that there are other things to enjoy about music besides lyrics.

Just because you don't like a type of music doesn't mean it sucks, it means you don't like it.
>>
>>60399428
You can't say that those albums had zero good hooks or melodies when they got extremely famous for those exact reasons. Even people who hate remotely heavy music will know and sing along to songs off those albums because they were catchy.
>>
>>60399494
mere exposure effect
>>
>>60399448
>When you say a band sucks because their writing isn't complex
Never said it needed to be complex, but it should be good. Can wrote incredibly simple songs, and they're an utterly fantastic band. LP just can't write good songs for shit

>Sufjan is a whiny pussy who thinks whisper singing and sounding like he's about to cry all the time is a good idea.
I said I would "tolerate" Sufjan. Not a fan of him at all, but at least he's inoffensive as opposed to downright terrible

>Just because you don't like a type of music doesn't mean it sucks, it means you don't like it.
Look at the lyrics of a nu metal song, look at the countless gimmicky bands that came out of the movement, and tell me to my face it's a good genre
It's not
>>
>>60399530
No, they really liked them. You can expose people to music that they hate a lot and they still won't like it.

>>60399540
If they weren't good lyrics, how did Linkin Park get so famous and so well known? They clearly resonated with a bunch of people.

As for Sufjan being inoffensive, I know a bunch of people who fucking hate Sufjan more than they'd ever hate Linkin Park, and they're music taste is nothing like mine otherwise.
>>
>>60399596
>If they weren't good lyrics, how did Linkin Park get so famous and so well known? They clearly resonated with a bunch of people.
If you haven't noticed, most people are fucktards
Something being popular does not mean it is good. AT ALL

>As for Sufjan being inoffensive, I know a bunch of people who fucking hate Sufjan more than they'd ever hate Linkin Park, and they're music taste is nothing like mine otherwise.
It was just an example. I wouldn't focus on it
>>
>>60398870
Please tell me this is a parody, I disliked all these albums when I was 14
>>
>>60399596
no, you can literally make any stupid shit popular and liked if you put enough money behind it
see crazy frog
if youre made to listen to something frequently enough ofc its gonna be memorable
a memorable hook isnt the same as a good melody anyways
>>
>>60399651
Well if we're talking about lyrics that are good, but are taking complexity out of the equation, then we're talking about lyrics that a lot of people enjoy. Because despite what you think, if a ton of people enjoy something, calling it good is reasonable especially in this context where we're taking complexity out of the equation. I know a dude in law school and engineers who like Linkin Park, you don't have to be stupid to like them. I don't know how you didn't grow out of that phase where all people who like music that you don't like are somehow wrong.

>>60399709
Linkin Park's lyrics resonated with a bunch of people, and it's not just exposure effect.
>>
>>60399700
If you haven't figured it out from life yet. people have different taste in music and it's a little more complex than good and bad.
>>
>>60399744
You're setting up this really weird false dichotomy

Townes Van Zabdt wrote incredibly simple lyrics that are heartfelt and resonated with a lot of his listeners. He didn't have to be esoteric or complex to connect with people on an emotional level

But that's because he's GENUINE. Linkin Park's lyrics resonate because they're all dumbed-down and simplified versions of more complex and natural emotions (sadness, angst, loneliness, indignation, etc.). People hang onto them because they're emotionally immature and can't handle anything that's legitimate and requires actual thought

>Because despite what you think, if a ton of people enjoy something, calling it good is reasonable
Guess Nazism was good then
Something being popular is not at all linked to it being good.

>I know a dude in law school and engineers who like Linkin Park, you don't have to be stupid to like them
Maybe they're intellectually intelligent, but many people also lack emotional intelligence. I know genius programmers who listen to fucking Vocaloid and nightcore
>>
>>60399744
they did because theyre overly vague and overly direct at the same time, i guess thats an achievement
but being relatable isnt the same being well written

who cares whether a lawer or an engineer or a dish washer like them, why do they have authority on the subject of music

i dont care about lyrics anyways
>>
File: mu3.png (453 KB, 608x560) Image search: [Google]
mu3.png
453 KB, 608x560
>>60399886
I seriously don't understand how anyone can be so close minded as an adult. You sound like me as a 17 year old. People like all different types of music for all different reasons and to act like you have all the answers is delusional. The human psyche is literally the most complex thing in the entire known universe and judging people based on the sounds they like makes you a pretentious cunt. Sometimes I'll listen to Linkin Park, sometimes I'll listen to Dream Theater and Tool. I'll listen to Rodrigo y Gabriela or Nas. I like all kinds of music and to act like my enjoyment of one band that I like is indicative of my cognitive or emotional abilities is the faggiest elitism I've ever been exposed to. Accept that there is "I like this" and "I don't like this" in music and the words "bad" or "good" when applied to music are some of the most subjective judgments that humans can make. Grow the fuck up and stop using someones media consumption as a measure of the quality or capability of their person.
>>
>>60398993
You can't tell people what they enjoy
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1mFE9peJHeR
>>
>>60400295
Lol, wait is everyone here 16? That would make a lot of fucking sense.
>>
>>60400061
>baaah my feelings have a hurt
>>
>>60400421
Not hurt feelings, just calling out a faggy elitist cunt when I see one.
>>
>>60400443
> not being an elitist cunt on /mu/
Get off this board you massive faggot.
>>
File: 1447515069756 (1).jpg (46 KB, 776x602) Image search: [Google]
1447515069756 (1).jpg
46 KB, 776x602
>>60398870
None of these are bad albums, Folie a Deux and Black Parade are really good.
>>
>>60400523
Oh I'm sorry, I thought this board was for sharing and discussing music, not inflating your own ego and one upping each other by pretending the obscurity of a genre or band you like makes you better than someone else.
>>
>>60400572
You must be new here. Welcome to /mu/.
>>
>>60400572
literally no one does that unironically
>>
>>60400597
>>60400603
God I want to see a faces of /mu/ thread so bad. It would explain a lot.
>>
>>60398870
these albums are pretty entry level, try some sunn o if you like disturbed, there metal also
>>
Your taste in music sucks you plebeian>>60398870
>>
>>60398870
Kill yourself you fucking pleb

gay boy teen
>>
>>60398897
Kill yourself.
>>
is this middle school
>>
Scars On Broadway is good though
Prove this song isn't great:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=bCwa-8ViWVE
>>
>>60398870
I approve Folie though,I think is one of the best efforts of FOB,that's just me though

Hybrid Theory,American Idiot and The Black Parade are posted here very often or at least,several anons like those albums

the rest,I cannot judge,even though they look prettry plebian in general
>>
>>60403079
also never post on Ipad,I've made mistakes out there
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.