[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you not like fun and catchy music? Stop writing off entire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: cover.jpg (167 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
167 KB, 800x800
Do you not like fun and catchy music?

Stop writing off entire genres.

I hope you don't post in female pop threads but disregard this AOTY.

That would be terribly hypocritical and make you just look like a bunch of waifutards or something
>>
>>60395018
perfect pop album if we're using pop in its more derogatory shade

still, fucking flawless production
>>
>>60395018
I honestly don't find a lot of mainstream pop music to be all that fun or catchy. It just always feels kind of inauthentic and artificial to me
There are a lot of great pop records and artists out there (it's an incredibly wide umbrella), but stuff like JB and Marina and what have you always left me cold

Ah, just me probably
>>
>>60395018
>>60395055
>>60395074
well meme'd
>>
>>60395018
no i agree with you. female pop is enjoyed by everyone but if it's a male pop artist he seems to only have a niche audience and is often called a homosexual or he would have to add in some r&b or rap just to appeal to male audiences. pop music is the most fun imo, but male pop however is just shrugged off for some reason.

i'm seeing a lot of guy's enjoying this album though, maybe bieber's gonna help change the way pop is enjoyed
>>
>>60395055
Flawless production from a mixing standpoint, its crystal clear, pristine and state of the art. But its bland as hell
>>
>>60395018
Hope he finally wins that grammy he's been wanting for 4 years
>>
>>60395122
yeah that's what I meant
>>
At least people can stop saying they listen to "real music I hate Justin Bieber he's so untalented" or whatever
>>
>>60395122

I wouldn't say it's bland but I wanted to hear something different....something that wasn't so ordinary and predictable...but I didn't get that.

I've listened to the album 3-4 times now and it doesn't have any bad songs..but there isn't one song on it that I would call amazing or extraordinary or unique or truly special.

It's just _----_---_----_--- when I want it to be -^^-^^^-^^^-^^^! You know what I mean?

I don't think the album is mediocre though it's a lot better than One Direction's album and other albums in the same music genre. Grimes album disappointed me much in the same way. There isn't an amazing track on that album either.

I guess overall the album is above average but it's not a 8/10-10/10, it's more like a 5/10-7/10. I have yet to hear a album in the past 10 or so years that's a 8/10-10/10 though so perhaps it's just me.
>>
File: image.png (811 KB, 651x2881) Image search: [Google]
image.png
811 KB, 651x2881
>>60395203
obligatory
>>
>>60395222
>I have yet to hear a album in the past 10 or so years that's a 8/10-10/10 though so perhaps it's just me.

pop album, right?
>>
It sounds 'flawless' in a really boring way. The singles sound kinda samey too.
>>
>>60395018
>Do you not like fun and catchy music?

Absolutely fucking not; harsh noise all day, pleb.
>>
>>60395296
>harsh noise

babbys first noise desu
>>
>>60395018
i want him to fuck my boipussy
>>
>>60395320
nigga gtfo
>>
>>60395260

nope all genres..
no one is truly producing a masterpiece of an album anymore
>>
>>60395345
what was the last album you felt that way about?
>>
File: 0.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>60395345
you have very strict rating criteria senpai, there's plenty of amazing music made in the last 10 or so years
>>
>>60395345
Unless your top albums of all time are all classical and jazz you need to look harder
>>
>>60395399
whatever happenes to this man and his natty gains
>>
>>60395449
happened**
>>
>>60395449
don't know, I think he's still making videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFYEHL2EF90
>>
>>60395377
>>60395399
>>60395440

I think it was the album Haunted by Poe.

but even some of those albums I thought were so amazing on first listen I no longer care to listen to anymore.

It must just be me and my ADD.
>>
>>60395609
that is a solid album m8 good taste, here's some albums I liked from 2015, maybe you want to check them out, you might find something you like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIp4eCoH7-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1CX4kNYrA&list=PLfQ31JAlKUVMBakqOlzVjNitLDZX4vGvL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R0hG9IfLng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6UHwN7SQZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBaso3cZZKQ
>>
>>60395741

My main problem is that each song on an album has to flow into each other and sound like they belong together or else I automatically lose interest. There has to be a connection between all songs on an album and they have to flow into each other perfectly or it's not an album and I instantly find things to hate about it.
>>
>>60395813
not that guy but what's your all time favorite album
>>
>>60395813
The last album I posted is for you then, the tracks flow into each other perfectly
>>
File: ainsi soit je.jpg (35 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
ainsi soit je.jpg
35 KB, 500x364
>>60395876

That's a hard one but it has to be:

Mylene Farmer - Anisi Soit Je...

The vinyl record sounds so amazing, but I always have to skip the 2nd to last song, Déshabillez-moi, since it's a stupid song that shouldn't of been put on that album. Without that song that album would of been a 10/10 imo.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.