[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is actually really good, even better than their older "acceptable"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: MI0002791220.jpg (35 KB, 400x389) Image search: [Google]
MI0002791220.jpg
35 KB, 400x389
This is actually really good, even better than their older "acceptable" punk albums.
>>
it's my favorite album of theirs
>>
>>60389980

its good but crash and burial are shit overall.
>>
>>60389980

ever seen them live? pretty entertaining
>>
>>60389980

It could've been so much better though.

Miss Murder: great Glam/Punk
Love Like Winter: great Synth Pop/Rock
Everything else: some murky variation of the above two songs with some added Alt-Rock cliches mixed in.

This album's definitely weaker than their previous three. If only they had gone all in on the styles they were attempting. I hate it when bands only go half way.
>>
>>60390182
Burials was a great return to what made them great. Crash Love is definitely my least favorite but I weirdly enjoy it when I'm in the mood for poppy alt rock.
>>
>>60389980
Anyone who likes anything before Black Sails has shit taste. It's bland pop punk. They got way better after Open Your Eyes and Jade joined.
>>
>>60390471
Yeah, I would have loved to see some full on Goth Glam and Synth Rock but I can kind of understand why they didn't go all in. Half of their fanbase hates everything and wants them to back to doing the same pop punk as a billion other bands that sounds dated as fuck and the other half hates anything new they put out and wants them to go back to Sing the Sorrow. They can't win.
>>
>>60390618

I understand why they didn't go all in as well.

It was safe not to.

It was safer to stay close to the sound that had made them newly successful rather than chase what was clearly inspiring them. And the joke is that they had already abandoned their already established sound on their last record to huge success and acclaim. They just didn't have the balls to do it a again
>>
>>60390703
I blame Interscope. Decemberunderground and Crash Love reek of board room brainstorming.
>>
>>60390618
>wants them to go back to Sing the Sorrow

im in the Sing the Sorrow camp
>>
File: 61rQ0jndZUL.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61rQ0jndZUL.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
I prefered this
>>
>>60391002
It's definitely my favorite of theirs but I respect their need to evolve.
>>
>>60391048

good album. gloomy but fresh.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.