[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did you like this album? did you like it or dislike it more or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: AtLongLastASAPCover.jpg (506 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
AtLongLastASAPCover.jpg
506 KB, 1500x1500
did you like this album? did you like it or dislike it more or less than other a$ap rocky releases?
>>
LiveLA(9)>LongLA(7.5)>ALLA(7)

Yea, it was pretty good. Took a few listens, you have to actually know the words to each track to enjoy them otherwise they become forgettable
>>
I like about half of the album. Too many tracks and kind of drags by the end. It's more consistent than longlive but has fewer standout tracks.
>>
no, i thought it would never end and bootleg king krule would keep struggle singing to me for the rest of my life
>>
>>60388854
desu I thought it was as boring as his majority of his projects.

Has a few gems but ultimately I think it hovers around a 6/10
>>
>>60388854
I still listen to some tracks like L$D, Excuse me, Canal St, Electric Body, Jukebox Joints

I like Rocky's style for the most part

but why doesnt he give the other ASAP members features anymore? Or use their production?

ASAP TY Beats produced "Peso" but then you never see him again

ASAP Rocky reccs this "mob" but all he cared about was Yams and Ferg sometimes
>>
I think Rocky is one of the best singer rappers around. I love a Rocky track with great cloud production and a nice hook from him on a chorus

He knows how to craft a great chorus

Wish he continued using Clams and fucking paid him for shit

but Clams is gonna be on Ferg's album apparently.

Ferg is like half good half bad i m o
>>
>>60389001
because other than ferg they are all weedcarriers, they tried to make ASAP nast work but then everybody realized he was a bootleg joey badass who is already a bootleg 90's clone

ty beats on the other hand from memory dissed them all on twitter about not being paid/being forgotten or something

the whole 'mob' thing really just started off as a trick to prop up rocky & ferg because seeing a new 'crew' on the scene grabs attention
>>
File: Live_Love_ASAP.jpg (92 KB, 326x300) Image search: [Google]
Live_Love_ASAP.jpg
92 KB, 326x300
ALLA wasn't anything special at all. Mostly forgettable tracks, with a few solid songs. It's a shame because his first mixtape is fantastic.

>>60388881
Agree with the album rankings, however maybe too generous with Long.Last and ALLA.

Personally I find them both to be around 6/10. Kinda disappointing.
>>
>>60389429
This is his only great release so far. It was pretty influential for modern rap.
>>
A$AP Rocky has nothing to say.

His forays into a 'serious' side to his music are just pathetic. I physically cannot listen to a Rocky track where he spits some shit about doing hoodrat shit, pretending that he carries guns and lives that life. So it's a good thing he mostly just retreats into trying to find new ways to rehash gloating about his fame, fortune, women and fashion.

I also find it ironic about Rocky that he found his most success appropriating the gritty, southern underclass 'trill' style when all he wants to spit about is wearing 2,000$ shoes.
>>
Better than Long Live A$AP, worse than Live Love A$AP.

It's hard to believe /mu/ was on the bandwagon for him at some point before Long LA dropped.
>>
>>60389505
You got it the exact wrong way tbph

Rocky was literally selling crack like his parents in harlem did when he blew up rapping about expensive clothes and cars, he never knew that life at all around that time live love asap came out because he was broke, the whole thing was an act to help get himself and his crew successful.
>>
The features were so shit, especially MIA and Ye, though I don't really blame MIA
>>
>>60390246
>Rocky was literally selling crack like his parents

lol.

Rocky was working at a Macy's department store before he dropped his debut mixtape. He was never a real drug dealer.
>>
>>60390246
>believes everything he hears
>>
>>60388854
his worst project yet
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.