[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Coil the most overrated edgy band? Why is it no one seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: coilwtf.jpg (111 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
coilwtf.jpg
111 KB, 1366x768
Is Coil the most overrated edgy band?

Why is it no one seems to see their 'dark' stuff for the cringy highschooler tier garbage it is.

>man is the animal
>cut myself with heavens blade
>I know we'll have people cutting themselves covered in blood piss and glitter while we some lad reads bad poetry over our ambient bells and shit, that will make our music interesting
>>
>caring this much about lyrics

go to /lit/
>>
>>60385048
>having this bad of reading comprehension

stay away from /lit/ you wouldn't like it there
>>
See, anon.

They're musicians.

The music they make is great.

So it doesn't matter.

Also:
They're part of the same collective as Throbbing fucking Gristle.

They are some of the most tame members of the industrial movement. Stop being a baby.
>>
>>60384985
Well I'll tell you the same thing that /mu/ tells me about Slint.

Sounds like it was too deep for you.
>>
>>60385092
it would be a lot easier to tolorate if the music wasn't boring. It's all pretty one note and mediocre. It kind of reminds me of Radiohead, how a bunch of people who are easily impressed will gush over the same lame tricks on album after album cause of some cheesy atmosphere they can jerk to
>>
>>60384985
>hi im a normie and experimental music sucks. kendrick lamar is the greatest artist out right now
>>
>>60385140

nice strawman faggot
>>
>>60385140
name one experimental thing coil has done with their music.
>>
>>60385139
If you think Love's Secret Domain is anything like Horse Rotorvator, The Ape Of Naples, or Time Machines, you might be legitimately retarded
>>
>>60385139
Yeah, don't get what you're saying.

>But it's boring! It's mediocre!

Not actual criticisms.

Music is nice.
>>
>>60385161
Ubu Noir on Scatology for one
>>
>>60385165
if you actually listened to all those Coil albums, you might be legitimately a pleb.
>>
>>60385186
why? How is that experimental?
>>
>>60385161
the b side on how to destroy angels
>>
>>60385192
Oh. There it is everybody. The admission.

Move along. Nothing to see here
>>
>>60385208
how is that experimental?
>>
>>60385205
It's an amazing piece that comes down inbetween Industrial and classical music.
>>
Coil is trash though.
>>
>>60385228
i dont recall any other artists doing it.
stop spouting that sentence you dweeb
>>
>>60385240
finally; the admission.

Move along, nothing to see here.
>>
>>60385228
>>60385205
Would you please just define what you think is experimental because otherwise no matter what somebody posts you'll just parrot the same retarded "but how is that experimental".
>>
>>60385274
lol. people posted tracks with no explanation of what makes them experimental. How is that any different than my saying they are boring and mediocre without explanation? If you are gonna call me out on that then you have to at least hold yourself to the same standard.

It's ok though, cause I realized the reason people probably like coild is cause they are dumb bitches without the taste or creativity to recognize what a mediocre achievement coil offers them.
>>
>>60385274
i'll paraphrase from rym
https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/experimental
>music that uses non-traditional production techniques resulting in a sound that goes largely beyond the traditional boundaries of music.
>>
>>60385431
Then Coil fits that bill in droves
>>
>>60385620
oh, absolutely. i wasn't disagreeing with you, i just provided a definition.
>>
Coil and Skinny Puppy are overrated. Back in the 90's, pretentious yet insecure fuck-twats loved both bands and mocked anyone who didn't love 'em.
>>
i'm glad /mu/ bonds together over Coil

now that winter is coming along and the nights are getting longer and the weather is getting colder, I'm going to love listening to Musick In The Dark
>>
Just because some music isn't for you doesn't make it garbage
>>
>>60385671
MOON MUSIC
>>
https://www.youtube.com/v/QMSWRT6ynhs
skip to 40 secs
>>
>>60384985
I don't see the problem. That sounds awesome except for maybe the poetry part but whatever.
>>
>>60385671
hnnggg this
>>
>>60385671
family cant wait
>>
I'll admit Coil makes pretty simple music and some of their stage antics are edgy, but I like a lot of what I've heard. you can't really explain what makes a certain pop song good, but Coil makes good ones. you compared them to Radiohead but I disagree, or at least only like a few Radiohead songs while Coil seems consistent
>>
>>60384985
but anon, it was only proved just yesterday that man IS the animal
>>
>>60385139
There are different scales for what makes an album good or not good.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.