[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BANDCAMP/SOUNDCLOUD META THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: bandcamp-logo.png (149 KB, 685x410) Image search: [Google]
bandcamp-logo.png
149 KB, 685x410
Okay guys, we need to do something about these threads. I have several complaints which I will list via greentext so that you may respond to individual concerns in a logical fashion:

>There are multiple threads in the catalog at one time (especially for soundcloud). This makes it difficult to discern which thread to post to.
>There are multiple threads per day. Especially for people who post a lot, it can't possibly be fun to wait for a new thread to open up to post your stuff.
>The reccs in the BC threads do absolutely nothing. People have expressed their desire to have their music commented on and the reccs just show how much of a buttfaggot you are with other people
>There is literally zero feedback in soundcloud threads. Like what's the point of posting if no one is going to look
>The same people post over and over again. This isn't a complaint about the people, but there should be a more useful way to share your music than posting it multiple times and possibly not getting feedback

All in all I'm just mad not only that my music doesn't get paid attention to, but that everyone else seems to be suffering as well. Like too many people post their stuff and then leave. If we have that, then we'll continually have no feedback whatsoever and the exercise of posting just becomes a waste. Please if any of you guys have suggestions we should all try to come together and save this boards whaddya say
>>
I say fuck you and your music probably sucks
>>
here's the thing about bandcamp:

you make an album--a motherfucking ALBUM-- or an EP--a finished motherfucking EP--then you leave it & listen through the rest of the thread it's like an online record store where everything's free.

i don't give a fuck about recs, about your work in progress, about your single, any of that. that's for soundcloud thread. i don't want advice in a BC thread. i made an album & you can d/l if you like it. if not, cool.
jesus, these threads have gotten so much like SC threads i can't handle them.
>>
File: cosmictit.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
cosmictit.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2000
>>60384854
https://seaserpent.bandcamp.com/album/dirty-money-pack-presents-sweaty-seas-volume-ii-space-breast
>>
>>60384949
but do you really want to continually post it and get little to no feedback or comments? Like the downloads really don't spike unless you viral, so why are you doing it?
>>
>>60385025
people will download it if they listen & it's good. i have a feeling i've been in these threads a wee bit longer than you. "Recs" did little or nothing for my downloads. If anything, hurt them, bc when people see a post already has a lot of replies they tend to ignore it. even if those replies are people giving useless recs.
>>
in b4 somebody posts their music here

>There are multiple threads in the catalog at one time (especially for soundcloud). This makes it difficult to discern which thread to post to.

This is definitely a problem, it's been a huge problem for Bandcamp before, but it's gotten a little better I guess? For soundcloud, yes that's seriously a problem, but it's mostly because shitty beatmakers just want to viral their shit as much as possible.

>There are multiple threads per day. Especially for people who post a lot, it can't possibly be fun to wait for a new thread to open up to post your stuff

And to add on to this, when a new thread is created, the first 20-30 replies are usually just the same fucking people who post their shit and abandon the thread.

>The reccs in the BC threads do absolutely nothing. People have expressed their desire to have their music commented on and the reccs just show how much of a buttfaggot you are with other people

Not necessarily. I mean you're correct if you're talking about somebody who only gives recs but never has once given legitimate feedback, however recs are good if you've already listened to people's music before in previous threads and you want to tell others "hey go listen to this." However if you only give recs, every now and then you should have a day where you listen to people you haven't heard before.

>There is literally zero feedback in soundcloud threads. Like what's the point of posting if no one is going to look

People mostly give feedback on soundcloud itself.

>The same people post over and over again. This isn't a complaint about the people, but there should be a more useful way to share your music than posting it multiple times and possibly not getting feedback

agreed
>All in all I'm just mad not only that my music doesn't get paid attention to

Maybe make more interesting music and people will give a shit

>but that everyone else seems to be suffering as well.

I guess?

Agree with the rest.
>>
File: album.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1940) Image search: [Google]
album.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1940
https://soundcloud.com/bagels105oranges-elpu
best songs

i am the electronic lobster prophet unleashed, or elpu, a crunchwave electronic group with an intense and experimental style.

>crunchwave, you ask, what's that?

you'll find out, give it a listen, a few songs. you'll be hooked!

check out the free albums on bandcamp and the newer tracks on the soundcloud

there's also an blog, website, youtube channel, religious cult! you'll find it from the links on the soundcloud

>returning all feedback <3 enjoy the music!

check out the newest music video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq1ZP_41C-8 [Embed] [Embed]

https://soundcloud.com/bagels105oranges-elpu
or elpu.bandcamp.com

reccs:
nub scrub
hyper specific
cis scum boys
tony chu
toilet friend

i can't get around to listening to everyone's stuff, i delve into certain channels after finding them
by sight. post good graphics!
>>
>>60385043
>>60385051
good comments I am glad this discussion is being had. at the end of the day though there should be a solution. Do we spam another site with our stuff? Or is there a way to fundamentally fix the threads?
>>
>>60385018
>>60385084
These posts only prove why there needs to be a change
>>
>>60385107
i agree, it is an important conversation. We just need to kill this new BC culture of reccing and ignoring. Like i said, my favorite times in BC threads are when they were, in a way, virutal record stores for unknown artists.
i loved going through & listening to everyone's & downloading when it was my kind of thing. When i didn't d/l, i didn;'t give feedback or think it was "bad." it just wasn't my thing. i respected it, but not my bag.

obviously, comments are cool & welcome. but i don't want feedback on a completely finished album. if i did, i'd be in a SC thread with a work in progress. if you don't like my stuff, that's fine. someone else will if it's good.
>>
File: elpuco (.jpg (423 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
elpuco (.jpg
423 KB, 2000x2000
>>60385129
what's wrong, i'm wondering?
>>
>>60385107
At the moment 4chan ithe only community where some people actually listen to eachother. For example, There are some subreddits that are literally bombed with links where no one listens. Aswell as some feedback threads where everyone spamms there links and no one bothers to give any feedback.

The community is really shitty at the moment. It is something we have to deal with.
>>
>>60385235
we're talking about bandcamp threads not having one
>>
>>60385249
life is hard for someone peddling their music when no one is listening :(
>>
>>60385301
>or elpu.bandcamp.com
eh, i'm sorry i didn't make the bandcamp more explicitly linked
soundcloud links to it, and it's got newer WIP LP trax so consider it a gift
>>
>>60385756
what a retard
>>
File: hu-qiong_1635956c3(1).jpg (1 MB, 1380x864) Image search: [Google]
hu-qiong_1635956c3(1).jpg
1 MB, 1380x864
>>60385802
no, read my original post, i was quoting it.
good job though, everyone in this thread can see how much of a illiterate tard you are, and probably have a religious experience guided by my dope choons
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.