[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /mu/ like this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: TFB.jpg (701 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
TFB.jpg
701 KB, 1200x1200
Does /mu/ like this album?
>>
I'm seeing them tonight and everything them about them is a 6/10 at best but I'm bored as fuck
>>
>>60383092
yes
>>
>>60383092
In general they get shit on here but I fucking adore them, probably my all time favourite band
>>60383206
I'm seeing them in February, their live shows are amazing even if you're not a big fan of the music
>>
Loved them in high school but now I hate them.
>>
Tumblrcore
>>
>>60383206
First track is one of y favorite songs. Rest of the album ranges from okay to shit though.
>>
I'm unashamed, they'll always be the jam.

I miss being a sad high schooler.
>>
I love them, but /mu/ seems to hate them

whatever, they're a super earnest, emotive, honest band in the same vein as The Replacements

I prefer Talon of the Hawk, though

and before you give me that "14 year old girl" shit, I'm 26, have been in the Peace Corps, and I work at a bookstore
>>
AND I WILL REMEMBER
>>
Yeah it's alright. The song with the answering machine messages makes me a bit uncomfortable though.
>>
They sound like Andrew Jackson Jihad with a head cold, who sound like the Mountain Goats if they were a teenager whose dog died.
>>
>>60384292
definitely - if it weren't for that awful part, that would be one of the best tracks ion the album, but because of that thing I find the track hard to listen to
>>
>>60384328
they sound NOTHING like AJJ

AJJ does stupid, goofy, cringe-worthy joke songs

TFB sound halfway between midwest emo and a singer/songwriter project
>>
>>60384366
Vocal styling you fucking retard.

>TFB sound halfway between midwest emo and a singer/songwriter project

If you mean they sound halfway between a high school pop punk band and a high school emo project, sure.

They're fucking awful, dude.
>>
>>60384401
you're fucking awful, you fucking retard
>>
>>60384416
Sweet comeback m8.

Have fun listening to the same shit my sixteen year old sister listens to.
>>
>>60384435
Damn...
>>
>>60384435
I will, and I sympathize with your sister over her embarrassment of her socially retarded NEET brother
>>
>>60384782
>yfw my sister has even harder problems socializing than I do

I don't even need to actually insult you for projecting, you listen to the Front fucking Bottoms.

If you like acting like a high school scene girl, have fun.
>>
I don't know how to feel about them. I'm a fan of similar bands, and they don't deviate from that "whiny punk" sound that much, I just don't enjoy their music for some reason
>>
>>60384832
the asspain is strong with you
>>
>>60384832
every scene girl I know also likes Joy Division and The Smiths. Does that mean those bands are off limits, too? If that's how you assess music, it makes you a fashion victim

Accusing me of projecting is just you going "I know you are, but what am I?"
>>
first album- 9/10

talon- 7.8/10, still great

back on top- 6.5-7/10, the acoustic blink 182 schtick is getting too obvious & is boring
>>
>signed to fueled by ramen
0 credibility at all lmao
>>
>>60385045
now you're grasping at straws
you must be getting desperate
>>
>>60384887
Cry baby cry
>>60384972
Sort of like
>>60384416
This?

Whatever boys. They're really fucking mediocre, the dude has an awful voice, the lyrics are just terrible, and all the music sounds like normal radio pop punk.

What do you see in this?
>>
>>60385131
it's earnest, honest, and emotive
they make me think of the Replacements
too bad you're such a tool that you can't get past them being uncool
>>
>>60385149
please stop comparing hollow, manipulative tumblr trash to the replacements, thanks.
>>
>>60385196
please stop being such a tool and try to utilize your underdeveloped critical thinking ability in your analysis instead of spouting off your generic insults, thanks

it's not manipulative because it's not calculated, they developed as an indie band

I'm amazed how upset you are that others like something you don't, you have the emotional capacity of an autistic toddler
>>
>>60383092
I listened to it and thought it was shit. Music for teenage girls
>>
>>60385276
i think it's hysterical how you claim i have the emotional capacity of an autistic toddler when here you are going off on a ragefest over absolutely nothing. your lack of self-awareness and good taste in music for that matter makes baby jesus cry, get off my board retard.
>>
>>60385364
samefag
>>
>>60385100
i'm not all im saying is for an emo revival band its really ironic and fucking sell out-y to sign to fueled by ramen which killed emo in the first place by signing acts like panic at the disco and my chemical romance
>>
>>60385377
read this thread, you mental deficient
YOU threw insults first, YOU get mad any time anyone responds to your points, YOU are the one with no self-awareness, clearly
I honestly recommend suicide
I understand why you want this off "your" board, feeling patrish on 4chan is all a guy like you has
>>
>>60385432
are you okay dude because you seem really upset
>>
>>60385432
If YOU capitalize WORDS for emphasis YOU are a HUGE FAGGOT
>>
>>60385482

I am upset. I just fucking hate this world and the slime that inhabits it. Everyone, all human beings are filth. My name is not important... what is important is what I am going to do.
>>
>>60385381
I would agree with you if this were 10 years ago, but the fact of the matter is now the scene era of bands like MCR is long over and irrelevant, and that dichotomy between those awful scene bands and the tr00 bands of the time like Portraits of Past and I Hate Myself doesn't mean much - the indie stuff persists, and the scene shit is only relevant to a few nostalgic scene kids
yeah, it's lame they're on that label, but they're still more Cap'n Jazz than Fall Out Boy
>>
>>60385537
stop samefagging, if you're gonna impersonate me so you can have an argument with yourself it's just sad
>>
>>60385537
>>60385552
why are you talking to yourself
>>
I gave it an honest listen expecting to dig it, but found myself cringing all the way through. It was laughably bad imo
>>
>>60385568
are you 12? For you to get this goofy, I must've really pissed you off
>>
>>60385588
uhh??
>>
>>60385604
ok, whatever
have a nice night, kiddo
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.