[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck do people care about the people behind artistic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1425003963507.jpg (56 KB, 537x416) Image search: [Google]
1425003963507.jpg
56 KB, 537x416
Why the fuck do people care about the people behind artistic creation such as music. What does it matter if they have opinions about X or Y. Why can't you just enjoy the music and think of it on its own ground instead of circlejerking the same idolization / villainization of musicians. Why are humans hardcoded to be such shallow fucks who can't seem to get past this shit.
I'm so fucking done /mu/, I love this board and 4chan and everything, but I also fucking hate how shallow, self entitled, pretentious, underage and generally misinformed and misprioritized you fucks are. I'll be sticking around cause this is a fucking addiction by now. I'm a masochistic deer in the headlights of morons.
>>
>>60380876
Oh look! The daily thread about how OP is so much better than everyone else on the board, because X.
>>
>>60380902
Honestly, if a person out there doesn't find themselves better than somebody else they must be living miserable lives.
>>
>>60380942
lol that was the most half-assed rationalization i've heard all day, congrats.
>>
>>60380973
Well fuck, want me to go more in depth then, mister tripfister? How long did you let your computer sit and mine tripcodes until you found one with that epic combination of letters? See, you yourself probably do feel superior because of exactly that. You are creating an identity for yourself, and because of it every reply or mention you get boosts your growing 4chan identity ego.
The people out there who vigorously fight to make Viet Cong change their name to something that fits their hugbox ideals, I'm sure they also feel entitled to their opinions and that they're fighting a just cause and that they're better than their opposition. It's human nature.
But 4chan isn't a democracy, it's an undermoderated shitpile. Kpop is bearable because it's contained to one shitty thread - but then there's the constant viral twitter threads and other music celebrity news threads that are only extremely vaguely music related.
But do these people actually think they have anything worthwhile to say? Do they actually feel better than me, for instance? I mean, I hope so, for their own sake - as much as I wish they'd just do their shallow popularist "discussion" elsewhere.
>>
File: 1419192898912.jpg (51 KB, 670x472) Image search: [Google]
1419192898912.jpg
51 KB, 670x472
>>60381174
You just slap words together that sound deep and insightful despite having little to no coherent argument don't you?
>>
>>60381378
>You just slap words together that sound deep and insightfu
Deep and insightful? What, playing devil's advocate here, I don't use any sort of high language, my vocabulary in English is quite limited. I guess calling stuff shit is insightful to you? Alright.
>despite having little to no coherent argument don't you?
Alright, so getting back on my original topic, let me explain better if it seems so difficult to understand.
I'm tired of the celebration of people rather than the celebration of their creation. Sure, their person is tied to their music, but there are so many people here (and even more so in the general public of course) who pretty much strictly popularize the person(s) behind the music instead of the music itself.
I can understand that some personalities are fascinating, whether it's from their creations, their opinions or their actions - but fuck it, focus on their music if you want to discuss them on a music board.
>>
>>60381585
I wasn't referring to your original point which I agree with, but that trackwreck of a response.
>>
>>60381174
lmao would you like a valium or something anon
>>
>>60381643
Oh, you're most probably right in that regard. I suck at arguing, most my arguments end in me belittling the semantics or structure of my opponent rather than the actual essence. I'm just spouting bullshit.
It's 1 am on a weekend and I'm in a ranting mood.
>>
is this thread real
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.