[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did this get a 10? I can understand The Low End Theory or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (181 KB, 664x325) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
181 KB, 664x325
How did this get a 10? I can understand The Low End Theory or Midnight Marauders, but this?
>>
>>60380357
it's by a nigger, so it must be a 10!

in all honesty i think it's a very solid fun album but nowhere near a masterpiece, gotta love music "journalism"
>>
$$$
>>
when Pitchfork reviews reissues, they mostly are reviewing it on the quality of new things it's bringing to the table - whether that's the sound quality, bonus tracks, visual materials, etc
>>
>>60380433
>when Pitchfork reviews reissues, they mostly are reviewing it on the quality of new things it's bringing to the table
that's literally not how they do it at all
>>
>>60380433
KECH!!
>>
>>60380526
oh ok
>>
>>60380433

Please never attempt to talk about something you have no idea about ever again.
>>
>How
Either they got paid, journalist fucked someone to do with it or they have an agenda driven bias.
Classic pitchfuck.
>>
>>60380389
Stop using racial slurs, this isn't /b/
>>
>>60380637
>it's by an african american, so it must be a 10!

point still stands imo
>>
tribe are always popular with indie people

it's funny cos their lyrics used to be a bit dodgy
>>
>>60380671
>their lyrics used to be a bit dodgy
expand on this
>>
>>60380357
>best new reissue
they didn't reissue Low End Theory or Midnight Marauders, and they need to show they have some hippity-hop cred.
>>
>>60380593
oh ok
you guys sure showed me the error of my ways
>>
>>60380357
probably because it has bonita applebum and can i kick it
>>
>>60380694
say please

nah but seriously they used to be majorly homophobic, this is an old track that never made it on to LET that approaches DMX levels of anti-gay sentiment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyKcZb5LufE
>>
>>60380573
>>60380714
this nigga booty blasted
>>
>board always shits on everyone with a normal same ol' same taste
>reviewers can't have a different opinion
>>
>>60380357
Their first four albums are all 10/10
>BR&L isn't a 10 you pleb
Fight me nigga, get some taste
>>
>Adam and Eve
>not Adam and Steve
10/10 best hip-hop group ever
>>
>>60380357
>but this?

You're just another mong that only listens to what /mu/ tells you to, ignoring most of the valuable material of hundreds if not thousands of artists just because only X albums get spammed, if "The Colour of Spring" got a 10 you'd make another thread like this

Their debut in fact left a much bigger impact than the rest of their discography, it established the blueprint for rappers and producers who didn't want to follow the Straight Outta Compton route but at the same didn't want to weird out their neighborhood like 3 Feet High and Rising either, much more cohesive, groovy and R&B-oriented than every single one of its contemporaries.
>>
>>60380779
>>60380861
isn't the majority of 90s hip-hop "homophobic"/"sexist" to some degree?

including "alternative" or "conscious" acts
>>
>>60380903

no, not really.
>>
File: sdfghjk.png (1 MB, 1086x858) Image search: [Google]
sdfghjk.png
1 MB, 1086x858
>>60380433
>>
If this is a 10, then The Low End Theory is like a 13, Midnight Marauders is an 11, Beats Rhymes and Life is an 8, and The Love Movement is a 7
>>
>>60380779
>all those white indeh kids complaining in the comments about how they can't listen to tribe anymore

ebin
>>
>>60380389
Its by a nigger, so it must be a 10

pitchfork in a nutshell
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.