[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
howlearn to play guitar any advices? serious question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: anothermeme.jpg (31 KB, 289x475) Image search: [Google]
anothermeme.jpg
31 KB, 289x475
howlearn to play guitar
any advices?
serious question
>>
Do the right thing
Be organized
Be confident
>>
File: 897081763262615872_1574083.jpg (96 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
897081763262615872_1574083.jpg
96 KB, 640x640
meme??
>>
>>60380340
Have a guitar
Put fingers on the string(s)
Play string
If good sound then you can play
If sound bad try again
>>
>>60380395
no
>>
>>60380340
Start with learning chords, because it will allow you to begin playing and singing your favorite songs at a very early stage. This will give you the motivation to push through the first couple months where most people quit due to difficulty or boredom. Make sure to leave your guitar sitting out (not in a case) in front of you at all times so that the visual of it teases you into wanting to pick it up and noodle around. It'll make you play more and you will improve.

After you learn the basic chords, begin learning bar chords. You'll start being able to play more songs and learning how the fretboard works and what chords work together. All the while, pepper in some practice of lead guitar lines that you like. Maybe you hear a lead line in a song and think "damn, that's sweet, I wanna learn that." Learn it, because it's exciting to you and will make you improve your playing while also borrowing from melodies you like, which allows you to create your own. Once you get to that point (likely before that point, even) you'll know where you want to go on guitar from there.
>>
>>60380797
ty
>>
>>60380340
When learning a lot of teachers might make it seem like there is a lot of rules and that you must do things in a specific way. Just remember that you can play your piece of wood with strings on it in whatever way works for you. However you want to make sounds using the instrument is entirely up to you. Not everyone learns by practicing 8 hours a day and repeating scales over and over. If you like to just improvise 20 minutes a day, that's perfectly fine. Mechanical skill is only a tool to help you express yourself through the instrument, but is in no way necessary. Basically you decide the rules, and don't feel forced to learn in a specific way if it isn't fun for you C:
>>
>>60381481
how hard is learning alone?
>>
>>60381782
depends how motivated you are
>>
>>60381481
This is the kind of shit that results in people using their thumb to play barre chords
>>
>>60381782
I think it's best to learn alone. At least it was for me. It's gonna be a while before you feel comfortable playing. You have to accept this. I hear a lot of people say they quit because they aren't "musical". This is bullshit. The only thing separating them from me is I didn't stop because i sounded like shit. The most important thing is to grow an emotional attachment to your instrument and this only happens over time.
>>
>>60381811
>playing barre chords
how's your second year playing guitar?
>>
>>60380340
play things you like, and you'll stay motivated. first thing i did was find easy stuff that's really good too like nmh, sufjan, white stripes
>>
>>60381898
>i did was find easy stuff that's really good too like nmh, sufjan, white stripes
on tabs?
>>
>>60382086
No most of this stuff will just have a chord progression so no need to read the tabs :)

actually white stripes might have tabs, but it'll be a good intoduction if you haven't read tabs before
>>
>>60380568
quality tutorial
>>
>>60381877
Do you enjoy playing your shitty power chords?
>>
>>60381877
>He doesn't shugaz
>>
>learn chords
>learn tab
>learn major scale and minor pentatonic scale
>try not to sucked into the geartalk shitstorm (forget about buying a 7 string, forget about pedals, just practice)
basically this^

keep learning songs you like. the more you play the better you will get. eventually you will know where all the notes are and you'll be able to play what's in your head.

took me 12 years to get there but only 4 of those years involved serious focus.
>>
>>60382160
>power chords
lol do you only know of power, barre and open chords? You've got entire worlds left to explore young anon
>>
i want to play stooges songs
how difficult?
>>
>>60382393
literally easiest thing possible, that's a power chord only type of band.
>>
>>60382413
thanks
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.