[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you have the mono or stereo version of this album? which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: thevelvetundergroundandnico.jpg (95 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
thevelvetundergroundandnico.jpg
95 KB, 953x953
do you have the mono or stereo version of this album?

which is better?
>>
what a faggoty question this is
>>
>>60379878
literally why
>>
Stereo

It's not like with Pet Sounds, where elements are missing from the stereo mix, the Stereo mix is superior, and it adds to the ramshackle feel of the album
>>
when would mono ever be considered better than stereo? serious question

>>60379921
is mono only better in instances where elements are missing?
>>
Stereo. Stereo.
>>
>>60379936
usually up until about 1968-69 a lot more care was put by the artist into the mono mix. so usually the mono mixes are better than their rushed stereo counterparts
>>
>>60380000
interesting, I learned something new today. thanks man
>>
>>60380000
this

The beatles stereo is a perfect example: in adittion to the missing elements, the panning is sloppy in many cases, and the mix is poor. only abbey road forward has good stereo, all the rest are mono best
>>
>>60380032
glad I could help bro. actually that wasn't me but it felt good to be appreciated even if it was just pretend ;_;
>>
>>60380069
it was us in conjunction, good job anon
>>
>>60380069
well I think your honesty is admirable, so there's a compliment for you friend
>>
>>60380052
the new stereo masters on the reissued '1' collection fixes all the shitty panning and sound really clear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rblYSKz_VnI
>>
>>60380121
oh wooooow

can they please do that with all their albums
>>
i bet this album was viewed as something like metallica's load/reload when it was released
>>
>>60380586
what do you mean?
>>
>>60381202

i have no idea to be honest
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.