[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: lennonpart1.jpg (381 KB, 1677x1663) Image search: [Google]
lennonpart1.jpg
381 KB, 1677x1663
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...
>>
damn...
>>
>tfw John Lenin was a dirty Commie
>>
I can't, too far from reality.
>>
Did you know that when Lennon wrote this he had a refrigerated room in his penthouse for his fur coats?
>>
>>60379653
Why is that important?
>>
If this overrated memer was still alive today he'd be making excuses for muzzies and shitting on christians on twitter. He would be worse than Bono had he not been popped off
>>
>>60379653
>Lennon
>A Hypocrite

Nooooo you don't say
>>
>>60379653
are you trying to make me like him more
>>
>imagine no possessions
>islam is a religion of peace

both said by hypocrites, both deserving nothing but death
>>
>>60379653
>>60379837
>>60379865
>>60379895
No fucking shit. all these fuckin commie rock music philosopher types r hypocrites

>Be Rog Waters
>Hate Capitalism
>Write the Wall
>Tour the Wall
>mfw goodbye blue sky dollar signs fall like bombs from the warplanes over the field of corpses
>Nosebleed Seats - $150 each
>>
>>60380104
These 'hypocritical' artists live, breath, and swim in the same late capitalist world that you and I do. This world demands participation and capitulation to the mechanisms of capitalism if you hope to spread your message. Today things may be changing with access to the internet or things may stay the same. At least for Rog and John they had to participate in these institutions. Having a tour spreads your message and having a tour also pays money for the people who promote it and the people who own the facilities. These are inescapeable realities for getting the message across. To think that rog and john are insencere in their message is foolish. Even if john had an appetite for materialism dosnt mean that he is any worse than any of us, and it dosnt mean he is incapable of transcending his own flaws through art.
>>
>>60380619
>lennon
>not insincere

LMAO. You're talking about the poster child of "do as I say, not as I do".
>>
>>60379553
WOMAN IS THE NIGGER OF THE WORLD

THINK ABOUT IT
>>
>>60379553
>Imagine there's no countries
>It isn't hard to do
pretty sure it is
>>
All I have to say is that being a hypocrite with a positive message is preferable than not spreading any message at all
>>
>>60380687
I don't know who calls john lennon the poster child of "do as I say, not as I do". Prolly just you. First lets assume that Lennon truly advocated for relinquishing all material possessions. If he did then I agree with you. The coats and material things represent hypocrisy. But that dosn't mean his message is unimportant or without credibility. His message transcends his actions through art. Its his meesage that truly matters. But Im not sure lennon even advocated for the immediate relinquishing of material things. In Imagine lennon asks us to "imagine no possessions" he even admits the difficultty of this request "I wonder if you can". He just wants us to imagine in this song, not act. but imagine. hold those images in are head and contmeplate the beauty of that concept. This is a song for materialists. this is a song for everyone swiming in the sea of capitalism and ideology, that despite their actions and faiths if they take a moment to imagine the absence of those things, maybe then they can start to change the world.
>>
>>60380969
>this is a song for everyone swiming in the sea of capitalism and ideology

>sniff
>>
>>60380785
I have thought about it and in many ways she is.
>>
>>60381005
Back 2 >>>/lit/catalog
>>
>>60380619
i love capitalism. i hate rog waters and john lennon. but love their music
>>
>>60380969
should i double major in poly sci/philosophy at my state school too?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.