[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
50s: Beatniks 60s: Hippies 70s: Punks 80s: New Romantics 90s:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
50s: Beatniks
60s: Hippies
70s: Punks
80s: New Romantics
90s: Grunge
00s: Hipsters
10s: Post-Ironic hipsters
20s: ???
>>
>>60376712
Vaporwavers
>>
Whatever Bones is
>>
>>60376712
grimes
>>
>>60376712
00s: Scene fags
10s: Hipsters

fixed that for you
>>
>>60376730
>post-ironic hipsters
>>
>20s: post-autists
>>
We no longer have decade defining music movements or big local scenes, instead we have dozens of smaller world spanning scenes that come and go in waves.
>>
Geeks are the current trend, with superhero movies being so popular. Not sure what the music equivalent of that would be.
>>
>>60376712
Memes
>>
>>60376712
Ironic Beatniks
>>
beatniks were 60s tho? and yeah good call on the 00s scene kids
>>
50s: Beatniks
60s: Hippies
70s: Punks
80s: New Romantics
90s: Grunge
00s: Scene kids
10s: Ironic and Post-Ironic hipsters
20s: flying cars, robots
>>
>>60376872
this desu. hipsters existed in the 00s but it was a relatively small subculture.
>>
post hipster ironic islamists bombing new sincere islamists at the mosque who only listen to the field recordings of their terrorist acts
>>
>>60378846
This
>>
oi oi what about the mods the rockers the skins and the suedeheads the junglists the ravers the nu ravers the post punks and the 80s and 90s cardiganed indiekids and the soulboys the metalheads the britpoppers the mod revivalists the raincoat wearing idm nerds and all the other stuff
>>
>>60376751
Came to post this

We're already witnessing the transition from post-ironic hipsters to Boners
>>
>>60378884
this about mainstream world wife movements
>>
>>60377269
Geek is not the current trend. Superhero movies are popular, yes, but comics themselves aren't. Some of the most popular manga series outsell the entirety of the American comics market.
>>
>>60376872
>10s: Hipsters

https://web.archive.org/web/19991012225248/http://texasmonthly.com/mag/1999/aug/jandek.html

>august 99
>"And that's before you hear the music. You cannot play air guitar to Jandek, and you can't snap your fingers or sing along....."
>"If you think these oddball characteristics have endeared him to the hipster set, think again; the number of people who consider him a genius could fit in a sedan."

This is the oldest I can find.
Well the book, "The Manual (How to Have a Number One the Easy Way) " by the artists KLF released on 1988 has the word the hipster but talking about the 40s one
>>
THANKS /MU/ FOR NOT FAILLING (AT LEAST YET, INTO SOME WORD)
>>
40s: actual hipsters
>>
80s: nerds
90s: indie
00s: hipster
10s: will not tell it to not spread it
>>
>>60378998
The wikihow guide for how to be hipster has a link to us.
>>
>>60378981
Man, you should well go read Allen Ginsberg's Howl if you think that's the oldest recorded use of the word hipster.
Not that Howl is either, just you're implying you haven't read it.
>>
did the mid-noughties hipster stereotype actually exist, like wear there actually these moustachioed, thick rimmed glasses wearing, fixed gear bicycle riding, craft beer drinking self parodies going around

being in the UK and avoiding london I think i missed out on it
>>
>>60376712
>90s: Grunge

assuming this as the seed to do stuff

80s: Goths
90:grunge
00: emo
10:yet to happen
>>
>>60379091
>Allen Ginsberg's Howl
will check this book, but remember there was a 40s thing (problably) called hipster
like there was a thing (and still exist and is being done) called emo before the fake emo
>>
every single thing you typed in the OP = hipsters you dumb fuck
>>
>>60376712
>1950: music started
>>
20s: Jihadists
>>
>>60379103
Still all around me in williamsburg/lower east side nyc
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.