[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did he do it /mu/? How was he always ahead of the curve?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1413041296458.jpg (1 MB, 2737x1961) Image search: [Google]
1413041296458.jpg
1 MB, 2737x1961
How did he do it /mu/? How was he always ahead of the curve?
>>
>>60371948
fuck pelé desu
>>
considering he was doing modal stuff 70 years after debussy i'm not sure what curve he was ahead of
>>
>>60371948

Neat photo. Gonna post it on my tumblr.
>>
>>60371961
Did debussy also made psychedelic and crazy electric jam sessions using some of the best Jazz musicians of all time? Was debussy the leader of probably the best interplay ever in a jazz group? didn't thought so.
>>
Has anyone been better at picking collaborators?
Imagine being like, Mingus, or someone. You hear there's a hot new keyboardist in town.
>Better check this guy out. Maybe we can do something together.
Too late. Based Miles has already beaten you to the punch and recruited him
>>
Is there a list of Miles Davis' essentials? I'm trying to get into Jazz-Fusion and I feel like not listening to any of his albums is some sort of crime.
>>
>>60372399
For his fusion period you want In A Silent Way and Bitches Brew.
>>
>>60372399
>>60372676
also also every possible live album from that era

basically he decided his trumpet was a distorted guitar
>>
>>60371989
>Did made
>didn't thought
>>
>>60372676
+ Filles de Kilimanjaro
>>
>>60372399
Kind of Blue is the essential but that is not fusion. His fusion essential would be Bitches Brew
>>
>>60372828
& Miles in the Sky
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.