[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.billboard.com/photos/671 5351/best-album-covers-o
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
http://www.billboard.com/photos/6715351/best-album-covers-of-all-time/

what do you think /mu/?
>>
It's honestly like they just chose random albums
>>
>no no love deep web
>>
pretty standard for normie standards
>>
>no Homogenic
that's all
>>
choices like that of beyonce, lady gaga and nicki minaj ruin it.
>>
They really should include the name of the designer under each one. It's a list of album covers, why the fuck not?
>>
File: P2GcLReK4r.png (3 MB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
P2GcLReK4r.png
3 MB, 1425x1425
This is the best cover of all time. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>60372120
any patrician artist does their own album artwork.
>>
>no Pet Sounds
>FKA fucking Twig
>>
I would say half of these are in fact bad
>>
>>60372126
I prefer Feedbacker
>>
File: akuma.jpg (112 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
akuma.jpg
112 KB, 1920x1080
>>60372126
It's better cause there's two necks instead of one.
2 > 1
>>
is this a joke?
>>
>>60372126
>includes artist name
>includes album title
>is a picture of the artist
>has a frame
Literally 0/10
>>
>>60373065
I really appreciate the attention to detail, down to the shoes sitting in front of him.
>>
File: cover.png (296 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
296 KB, 500x500
>plain pic of patti smith is apparently the most perfect photograph of a woman ever taken and third best album cover ever
Literally only because Robert Mapplethorpe was gay and now dead.
>>
Holy shit that list is fucking terrible
>>
That Beyoncé album is literally just her name in pink, how the fuck is that special at all?
>>
>>60371910
There's some picks that just don't make sense amidst really good picks like Bitches Brew. I'd say there was at least one person who knows something about music in a committee of regular billboard employees who are clueless picking this stuff.
>>
File: 6889.jpg (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
6889.jpg
55 KB, 600x600
The fact that they don't even post the real cover for their number one choice but post the re-release that completely butchers the cover by adding horribly out of place block text to sell the album better to plebby dummies should tell you how much credibility a list like this has.
>>
>>60371910
i wanted to quit reading at the very first selection "american idiot" which epitomizes bland-as-fuck

bitches brew and abraxas are the only good covers here
most of the selections are trash. some manage to achieve the heights of "fine i guess"
>>
>>60373677
shit taste fám
literally nothing inherently wrong with any of those things
>>
I counted maybe 10 'good' covers. Most of them are legitimately bad, never mind the best of all time.
>>
>>60373701
That photo is actually pretty great. Perfect lighting angle on the face and look at how the black lines of her hair, jacket, suspenders and pants guide the eye and also give a strong silhouette. Also look at how the jacket keeps the white shirt from disappearing into the background. It's deceptively simple. Stop being a pleb
>>
File: spiderland revisited.jpg (40 KB, 465x346) Image search: [Google]
spiderland revisited.jpg
40 KB, 465x346
>>
>>60371910
this actually made me laugh

thanks op
>>
>>60373775
>are the only good covers here
That's pretty harsh. There's covers like TVU&N and Sgt. Pepper which really fit the design brief for a good album cover well and look great in person.
On the whole, the list is pretty awful though.
>>
MIA's visual art in general is great. Shit list, but nice to see she got a shoutout.
>>
>no maurice de jong selections

pivoting my cranium, to be sincere
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.