[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
contemplating suicide right now may need some people to talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 14
File: dylan-BOTT.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
dylan-BOTT.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
contemplating suicide right now

may need some people to talk to i dont know

it's in part, over girls and missing friends, so of course this heart wrenching kind of shit really hits the right notes, whether i like it or not.

what albums inspire you for just a moment?
>>
loveless

because thats what ur life is
>>
>>60368811
>it's in part, over girls and missing friends
just do it
>>
Listen to american beauty by the grateful dead. Don't kill yourself, OP. It'll be alright.
>>
File: WIgzyVU.jpg (138 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
WIgzyVU.jpg
138 KB, 1000x1000
>>60368811
Ommadawn - Mike Oldfield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Xq7P-DDpE
also pic related
>>
tell me a bit about yourself friend, ill talk to ya for a bit
>>
If youre going to do it, don't do it at UNC. I don't need to see two suicides in one week.
>>
>>60368811
i would say don't do it but i'm in the same place as you and it doesn't make sense to really be talked down, right
>>
>>60368823
How about you kill yourself instead, you heartless fuck.
>>
>>60368811
I'll talk to you OP
>what albums inspire you for just a moment?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5vUEF6Tm9U
>>
being alone isnt bad

it might appear repulsive, but that curling in your gut is just trying to laugh. give into the hysteria
>>
File: GodfleshNYC1996.jpg (15 KB, 263x385) Image search: [Google]
GodfleshNYC1996.jpg
15 KB, 263x385
>>60368823
don't listen to this fuck

>>60368811
I'm sorry you're feeling this bad, Anon. I rec going to bed and arranging an appointment with a therapist as soon as you can. If you are in danger of hurting yourslf, call 911 for emergency transport or get yourself to a hospital. You don't want to kill yourself Anon, there's a big fucking world out there for you to see, and it sounds like you haven't seen enough of it.

I know that feel of being suicidal Anon. I have strong suicid impulses all. the. fucking. time., but I'm getting better :)

If you're just sad, I'm sorry Anon, but if you are literally about to kill yourself, get help ASAP. There is no embarassment in going to the hospital, I know people who work within hospitals and they are very accepting, but they never tell me any stories about suicidal patients, althought they admit it does happen and they seek to provide the best care they can. It won't come back to haunt you. Just call 911 and say you're in danger of hurting yourself.
>>
>>60368894
>wahhh i miss my friends ;_;
>wahhh girls don't like me ;_;_;_:-:_;:

fuck off
>>
>>60368811
It'll get better OP. Hang in there
>>
>>60368917
I'm not OP. I'm just certain the world would be better off without little edgelords like you.
>>
>>60368944
>wahhh he's being edgy on 4chan

fuck off
>>
>>60368843
Kek. Love the comic sans, anon
>>
>>60368917
haha
>>
>>60368811
listen to meet me in the morning and feel like a badass motherfucker. Just do it
>>
pls dont take the option that leaves you without any options.
>>
>>60368959
thanks man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j924qaMb0d8
also this OP, this melanesian choir is so beautiful, im not even christian or religious, but its so uplifting
>>
>>60368811
>>>/r9k/
and now fuck off
>>
>>60368953
Another great case for extremely-late term abortion here, fellas.
>>
Last of the Country Gentlemen by Josh T Pearson. Never see it on here but it's a very emotionally moving album for me
>>
>>60368999
>>>/reddit/
>>
a superior suicide contemplation album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkK4QGYgg5Q
>>
File: 1099983982.jpg (80 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1099983982.jpg
80 KB, 1024x1024
>>60368811
We've all been there OP. Life has it's ups and downs, and sometimes it's hard to believe things will get better. But they do. It takes time. Have you listened to Scott 3? Or maybe Songs of Leonard Cohen? Not necessarily inspiring, but I find both to be pretty cathartic.

>>60368823
Consider pic related
>>
>>60369018
>it's not okay to tell people to kill themselves!
>you should kill yourself!

fuck off
>>
>>60368823
why does that part automatically make it so i should just do it?
>>60368845
>>60368862
>>60368881
>>60368894
>>60368935
you guys are too nice.

>>60368953
i can kind of understand you guys being annoyed a bit, but i don't know
I've just made a horrible habit of missing things, and then not living in the present, then there's this girl, and i guess i got a lot of subconscious baggage so i don't talk to her, even if i think she probably reciprocates whatever feelings i have.

i understand she has to move on with her life though, so if other guys make a move that's ok, but me and her know there's a little more there between us. So I'm leaving high school soon and i dont know if i'll ever make time for it and it breaks my heart.

i also kind of drove my friends out, they never talk or call me. I don't think they like me that much. To be honest, i do like them, but i just started hanging it out with them to be a little popular at least, i'm starting to realise they probably weren't the best group to munch off of for that, but it's been like 8 years so whatever, i could use a new social circle though.

Usually i'm super confident and dont give a shit. i haven't been myself in a really long time, sometimes i see glimpses, but that's really who i miss the most.

>>60369018
those are all great albums
>>60368994
i'm not no beta
>>
>>60369015
Triggered?
>>
File: woah nigga.jpg (13 KB, 199x254) Image search: [Google]
woah nigga.jpg
13 KB, 199x254
>>60369037
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 480x618) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 480x618
Don't do it senpai my discog will save u desu
>>
>>60368811
this song always gives me reason to live OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjeMWCa716E

just enjoy the ride
>>
File: images.png (3 KB, 90x90) Image search: [Google]
images.png
3 KB, 90x90
>>60369044
>>
>>60369052
a2b2 has appeared!

OP, this is a sign from the heavens!

Don't do it.
>>
Taylor Swift - 1989
Lil b - hoop life
>>
>>60369048
tl;dr basically /generici'mdepressed/ talk
I never really understood suicide. Then I started to get really bad on weekends, antsy, and then kind of paranoid/irrational. I really wish i could cry, i just dont remember how. The only reason i havent really done it is because of my mother, but she's kind of crazy too, maybe it'd be better for both of us.
>>
File: zhKml.png (31 KB, 270x272) Image search: [Google]
zhKml.png
31 KB, 270x272
>>60369099
>I really wish i could cry, i just dont remember how
>>
>>60368811
>it's in part, over girls and missing friends,

How old are you?

Are you homeless? Starving to death? Living in extreme poverty in a third world country? Live in a war zone and saw all your friends die? Have someone close to you suffer from an illness that can't be cured no matter what? Have been abused and can't get over the pain?
>>
>>60369099
Do you have any weed?
>>
>>60369037
You'll look back in a few months at this period and you'll wonder how you ever thought the things you did.

I know. I've been through it. Had depression and anxiety for a few years. Going through a lot of health problems right now, but I know things can change so drastically for the better.

Four years ago I was a shut-in and wanted to be dead. Now I feel much more at ease with myself. I am no extrovert, but I am now a happy ambivert.

Also, try mindfulness meditation and CBT. It helped me a lot. And go on anti-depressants if you need them. They're there to help.
Mindfulness meditation isn't some hippy-dippy bullshit, btw. The book (with CD) I liked below, helped me a lot. It's written by professors and psychologists, so it's not some dingus named "Rainbow" or something. It's scientific stuff.
You can also find it on the usual pirate websites, if you can't afford it. There are also videos on YouTube showing how to start meditating.

http://www.amazon.com/Mindful-Way-Through-Depression-Unhappiness/dp/1593851286/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447483107&sr=8-1&keywords=mindful+way+through+depression
>>
>>60369120
Thats not how depression works friend. Its not straight forward or terribly rational.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 480x600
>>60369099
That's dark opie have a dark pic
>>
>>60369146
Yeah I don't know how people can think like that. I guess we should all be euphoric 24/7 because we aren't starving in Africa?
>>
>>60368914
i called but they were closed, hopefully i can make it through the next few days.

people in general are abysmal, at least the ones i'm surrounded with. i have a poor work ethic now and average grades, i cant see myself hitting most of the notes i originally set for myself, and the future looks rather ambiguous. a postive and negative melancholy i get is understanding all the beauty in others and situations, like all the get togetherness of new years, but it only lasts and second and everyone is trying to get something out of it, like sex or something for Instagram, that makes me sick. I guess it probably shouldn't though, and i get sad i cant meet everyone and experience everything.

>>60369120
i have some serious problems not too different from the ones you listed, but i think if i was homeless or in a third world country i'd have different values and expectations. besides i'm 100% sure it's all underlying emotions and fucked up associations in my head that distort reality and stuff like that. it really is chemical imbalance, those things i doubt would really induce depression as much as other bs in first world countries.

>>60369121
not right now, but it hasn't helped.

>>60369126
i've been like this for around a year now. but i've seen that meditation tends to help a lot of people, if i remember and i have motivation in the right time, i'll definitely look into it.
>>60369168
thx
>>
File: e032-017.jpg (295 KB, 869x1228) Image search: [Google]
e032-017.jpg
295 KB, 869x1228
>>60369188
>>
>>60369099
You really should see a doctor OP. You might need to go on some meds in the short term. They might save your life. Just tell him/her everything and let them help -- we'll just be internet doctors speculating as to what's wrong.

It could be depression or it could be something even related to a bodily illness. For instance, I have neck and back problems that have affected my mood and energy levels -- I went for a period without any energy and didn't realise it was a bodily problem.

I've also had depression in the past and with CBT and mindfulness, I have largely overcome it. You can also go on anti-depressants while you start CBT and mindfulness.
>>
>>60369209
what are you listening to OP?
>>
sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3fpLQ9fl_U
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVjD4AFaPZg
>>
>>60369234
nothing right now, a lot of bob dylan lately though. it's kind of hard to listen to though, it's good in a lot of respects, almost perfect and it hurts my heart to think i could maybe never come up with something so incredible and consistent, even if he only was a for a few years and then a had a blip in the 70's.

>>60369230
i want to. mindfulness and philosophy just gets me asking a lot of questions, my head is full of shit. Like to the brim, so much i dont remember and i cant focus on anything. i'm gonna try really hard to do it.
>>
>>60369114
i'm not sure how to interpret this image,,,,
>>
>>60369284
80s Dylan is great IMO
Down in the groove, oh mercy and the Jesus albums are quite charming if you can get past the reputation
>>
>>60369284
nigga i made suggestions and you not even listenin? damn, cold AF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aalT0RXIddM
>>
File: Postavantjazzcoreisbett.jpg (45 KB, 658x652) Image search: [Google]
Postavantjazzcoreisbett.jpg
45 KB, 658x652
>>60369308
>>
>>60369284
>my head is full of shit. Like to the brim, so much i dont remember and i cant focus on anything. i'm gonna try really hard to do it.
Sounds like you might have anxiety. Try to get to a doctor first.

Remember, sad thoughts are going to happen: You don't need to stop thinking about those things, you just need to change your reaction to them. Over time, this will happen.

I know rejection by friends can be hard, but they're obviously not worth hanging out with.

Anyway, get to a doctor today or first thing monday.
>>
>>60369316
sorry i will
>>60369329
i dont think that forgetting how to cry is that uncommon or deep a feeling though? right...?
>>
File: Wrong.jpg (244 KB, 610x475) Image search: [Google]
Wrong.jpg
244 KB, 610x475
>>60368811
Broke down in class today, walked out and slept the day away.

I know your feels, OP. I'm thinking about taking a hit off the helium blunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx9QnCfXBxc
>>
>>60369349
thank you so much, it's also kind of hard to accept i just have problems. There's a little part of me that just doesnt want to be weak and power through things, but i'm finding it impossible to just DO things.

I hope i can get help, i really do.
>>60369363
thank you, and also i love that pepe haha
>>
>>60369316
>attention whore makes a thread to whore for attention under the guise of wanting music recs to keep his thread from being purged
this your first week or something?
>>
>>60369390
this is kind of true, but i just need someone to talk to and that definitely isn't r9k
>>
There are good depressive feels and bad depressive feels
This song is a good depressive feel for me
https://youtu.be/JJS5ywEIsA4
>>
>>60369363
Used to happen to me a lot. You've got problems that you can sort out to lead a better life. Maybe you need antidepressants or maybe you need to make some lifestyle changes
>>
>>60369383
>i'm finding it impossible to just DO things.
Definitely depression, dude. It's not a sign of weakness. I've known plenty of tough guys and outgoing people who have suffered from it.

Don't just leave it, though. Get to a doctor -- try to speak to people about it. If you can't do the latter, at least try to get out of the house every day for a walk and a cup of coffee elsewhere, with a book. Things like that helped me a lot. It broke up the day.

Most importantly, get to a doctor on Monday. A general practitioner will do. He/she will give you a referral if you need one and a prescription. Make sure you write down all your symptoms/feelings (no matter how small) before going in so you don't forget to mention anything.
>>
>>60368837
And if you go no one may follow
That path is for your steps alone

love that album
>>
>>60369453
i know it's depression. i really appreciate everything you have to say, and i still see it as i see sign of weakness in my head, even if i know it's not. I'll try to get out and do something, doing things alone has given me kind of anxiety nowadays though, which i really dont like.

a gp would work? I will as soon as i can, i want to, i'll see if it's completely possible.
>>
>>60369425
A friend of mine who also visits this site gave me a plastic drawstring back as a kind of joke meme gift.

I don't think he knows what I feel tee bee aych
>>
>>60369509
>doing things alone has given me kind of anxiety nowadays though, which i really dont like.
People sit in coffee shops alone all the time. Don't worry yourself. I was a bit neurotic about that before, but now I don't mind it.

>a gp would work?
Yes. They can give advice/referrals to other doctors and they can even give prescriptions.
Just go to one on Monday and if he/she doesn't help, see another one.
>>
OP, you're in fucking high school. Move on, and I don't mean kill yourself, just move on with your life.
>>
>>60369555
i don't see much life to move on with to be quite honest.

it's all set, and the only part that makes it worth it is having a wife and kids, i havent kissed a girl yet despite having so many chances because i have like a mental block and start shaking and just getting so scared.

if i cant have that then why want anything else, i'm sick of jacking off over doing well in school and having this whole idea of prestige and changing the world. who gives a fuck.
>>
>>60369598
save up money, join the church of mormon (even if you dont believe), go on a 2 year mission, you'll be a well adjusted adult by the time its over, 2 of my mormon friends went from crisis (one was a hopeless weeaboo and the other had no work ethic, both had depression) they came back humbled and straightened out.
>>
>>60369555
Trips for truth
>>
>>60369598
>>60369598
Bitch you're in high school, your life hasn't even started. Go to community college, it's cheap and can get you a general degree if you're so confused.

As someone who lost the love of my life through death, you aint going through anything
>>
>>60369706
>>60369555
refer to
>>60369146
>>
>>60369660
i am mormon lol, at least culturally, i'm from utah hahahaha. fuck the church though, i'm too jaded from that, maybe coming back to sacrament would help a little bit but other than that....

>>60369706
>>60369734
>>
>>60369734
itt: conceited mentally weak people
>>
>>60369750
The fact that you can't understand depression and have no sympathy leads me to believe that you are weak-minded. If you don't understand it, it frustrates you, makes you buttmad. In any case, if you're depressed to the point of wanting to kill yourself in highschool, it won't get better once you have real responsibility and expectations. Without help from doctors, depression gets worse for an overwhelming majority of people.
>>
>>60369899
*once they graduate
>>
>>60369899
Depression should never be medicated, it only fucks it up. Depression is something fixed with self reflection, and someone to talk to.

le epik pseudo science "no actually YOU ARE ____" refute

nice one
>>
>>60370003
Sometimes depression is caused by anxiety (quite often actually) and in that case it really should be medicated. I used that "refute" because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Anxiety only gets worse upon "self reflection" as it literally is a function of over-thinking situations on various levels of consciousness.
>>
>>60370003
Also, im not sure what part of "help from doctors" screamed medication, doctors, depending on your country, usually refer you to a mental health expert before ever medicating, ie "talking it out"
>>
>>60369209
Hey man I know how life can be shit, mine was shit this summer. Friend killed himself, girlfriend broke up with me, school got all fucked up, quit my job, etc. But believe me it gets better it really does, and you start figuring your shit out eventually, I know I am. You'll get better, just try to believe it.
But albums, i like souvlaki by slowdive, or sea change by beck when I'm sad. Also blood on the tracks is good. Lastly, Here, my dear by Marvin Gaye is good for breakups. Good luck though!
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.