[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is PC music the single most unique musical trend of the 21st century?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: HEY_QT.jpg (526 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
HEY_QT.jpg
526 KB, 1280x1280
Is PC music the single most unique musical trend of the 21st century?
>>
no, kys
>>
alvin and the chipmunks did it 50 years earlier m8
>>
>unique
I guess if you exist in a vacuum that only consists of PC music then yes.
>>
>>60366466
Humble Cannons sucks faggot.
>>
>a "deconstruction" indistinguishable from the genre it attempts to deconstruct
>unique
>>
>>60366489
the idea of deconstructing pop music in itself isn't unique at all either
>>
>>60366611
I wonder what the earliest example is
>>
Uffie did it first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDRsOrBGLxk

it's just like Uffie and internet-era pop mixed with happy hardcore and contemporary club producers, not unique just a logically unfolding trend with above average hype
>>
>>60366648
depends on your definition of pop
>>
>>60366715
the broadest definition, but more specifically I guess, I want a pop deconstruction of pop. As opposed to classical music using folk themes in a different context or something
>>
>>60366686
Pretty sure Uffie was my first waifu
>>
>>60366758
hmm, well still jazz used to be popular or pop music Armstrong and others, before that in Europe classical was contemporary and therefore pop. But if you mean like modern recording era pop maybe like Joe Meek or something like that
>>
>>60366802
A waifu can't be 3d, baka
>>
>>60366837
I feel like classical isn't pop by any definitions. isn't pop generally contrasted by classical and folk?
>>
>tfw I like hey qt but can't stand any other pc music song i've heard
>>
>>60366924
it has lately yeah, but pop music doesn't actually have a concrete form besides being heavily melodic and being of the popular form at the time

I mean pop is usually now somewhere in between folk and classical, but there's pop folk and pop classical, and there's difficult 'pop' as well. they're pretty vague divisions
>>
>>60366686
that videos kinda hot desu
>>
omg first "vaporwave" and now this. it's second rate j-pop, stop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAGwY9ODTEQ
>>
nah
>>
>>60366686
Treating uffie as a deconstruction of pop is the only way to enjoy her music. I don't get how she was successful or anyone liked her, just seems like pedro winter being a troll.
>>
>>60366431
damn she's fucking ugly
>>
I like PC Music enough that i sneak it into my playlists-- but even I know it's not that good. As for it being unique, sure. It's as unique as a snowflake amongst many others.

The one standout from that microgenre is SOPHIE. He has the sound engineering/design chops and a singular vision that can give his career legs. As long as he puts out tracks as good (in my opinion) as Hard, Bipp and even Lemonade then he'll be around for quite a while.
Before coming across as a fan, PRODUCT is not that great though, half of that collection are really transitions for his live sets.
>>
>>60366466
rare aaron
>>
No. It's j-pop influenced music for hipsters who don't want to be called weebs for liking j-pop.
>>
>>60369169

>she
>>
>>60366973
have you heard broken flowers?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.