[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Best Vocalist (ever) >literally best drummer ever (you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: wp_ss_20151112_0002.png (443 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151112_0002.png
443 KB, 800x480
>Best Vocalist (ever)
>literally best drummer ever (you literally cannot argue)
>Best guitar player ever (for his style)
>best bassist period

You have seven seconds to provide one reason why Tool isn't the greatest lineup of musicians ever.

>protip: You absolutely cannot

Hardmode: Cant use the term "highschool" "neckbeard" or "pretentious"

Nightmare mode: Cant use the word "fedora" or "suburban teenager"
>>
>>60357180
because they arent ac/dc
>>
because having a strong line-up doesn't mean they make good music

/thread
>>
>>60357238
Not good music
[spoiler]LMAO[/spoiler]
>>
>>60357180
because (a) there's no such thing as the greatest lineup of musicians ever and (b) worshiping one band is what suburban teenagers do before they start actually listening to music
>>
>>60357180
I've seen them live.
>>
>>60357300
On my set senpai
>>
>>60357238
This.
>>
tool is butt rock made by edgelords for autists
>>
>>60357180
they aren't rush
>>
It's not about how good they play, it's about how good and enjoyable their music is
>>
>>60357353
I was here 6 months ago and I swore to god if buttrock turned into a meme to flame anything anon doesn't like I would never come back.
>Looks like I'm leaving again
>>
>>60357408
Nah buttrock isn't an insult, Tool just sucks
>>
>>60357408
Yo say dawg, my friends and I have been calling bullshit like tool butt rock for the better part of a decade now.
>>
>>60357300
There absolutely is a title of greatest line up in the history of music. Who that goes to will obviously vary given the opinions of the one judging

>Berlin Philharmonic conducted under Furtwängler
>Miles Second Great Quintet
>Naked City of other Zorn Units?
>>
Tool wouldn't have been shit without King Crimson

>Tool are widely held to have been heavily influenced by King Crimson, with their vocalist Maynard James Keenan even joking on a tour with them that "Now you know who we ripped off. Just don't tell anyone, especially the members of King Crimson."

Just listen to Discipline and you will know it to be true
>>
File: comfy.png (803 KB, 1100x700) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
803 KB, 1100x700
>pretentious and shitty lyrics
>imitates King Crimson without capturing any of their talent
>sounds like an bad Primus cover band with a bunch of effects pedals
>Bill Hicks
>>
>>60357180
>good musicians that produce bad music.
>>
File: 1383415348035.gif (371 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1383415348035.gif
371 KB, 500x375
>Best Vocalist (ever)
Most subjective thing (ever), unless you go by actual level of skill. Then he's definitely not a top 1000 vocalist.
>literally best drummer ever (you literally cannot argue)
Not a top 10 in my book. Probably not a top 20. Tomas Haake is even 10 times better for the similar style.
>Best guitar player ever (for his style)
If his style is being a mediocre at best guitarrist heeyoo.
>best bassist period
He's quite good. Nowhere near Max Bennett good for example. Not even something to discuss. But still quite good.

Tool fanboys are up there with Dream Theater fans as the most delusional fans in music.
>>
>>60357648
>opinions
Except dream theatre is shit

And max bennet?
LITERALLY WHO?
>>
>>60357595
>pretentious
There's that buzzword again
2/10 reply at best
>>
>>60357700
not opinions no. Truth.

>LITERALLY WHO?
and there goes all your credibility. Typical Tool fan to not know shit about music, right?
>>
>>60357648
I used to be a huge dream theater fan, they are complete shit now and have been for a while, but nothing will ever change the fact that Awake is a perfect album
>>
>>60357829
[spoiler]nothing will every change the fact that tools entire discography is perfect.[/spoiler]
>>
>>60357700
You can tell it's OP again by his awful use of 'literally',
please OP, literally kill yourself.
>>
>>60357765
No I actually play three fucking instruments and know hella alot about music senpai.
Seriously tho who is max bemnet lmao
>>
>>60357919
0/10.
>>
>>60357893
spoiler tags don't work on this board, would you PLEASE fuck off back to /b/
>>
>>60357919
>three instruments
all my money says he took piano lessons against his will when he was 10, played a brass instrument to fill the arts requirement in middle school, and nowadays learns guitar riffs from tabs on the internet
>>
>>60358012
I'll bet against you. I think he's one of those "guitar and bass counts as two different instruments!" kind of guys.
>>
>>60358089
>>60358012
Trombone
Gutar
[spoiler]and bass[/spoiler]
>>
>>60358089
i hope youre not serious
>>
>>60357728
>ignoring my other arguments because you know you've lost
>>
>>60358124
did someone else do the [spoiler] thing pretending to be OP? come clean man
>>
>>60357953
do u have autism??
>>
>>60357953
im not that guy and i haven't been on /b/ for a long time but last i checked they don't have spoiler tags there either?
>>
>>60358357
...really? I haven't actually been there for a few years now
>>
I mean, they're good but they never really did anything for me.
>>
>>60357180
I don't understand why so many people shit themselves for this soft rock dronefest
>>
>>60358387
ive never seen anyone use them, so either they arent enabled or no one knows how to use them
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.