[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long is your Heroes and Villains mix?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: the-beach-boys.jpg (119 KB, 700x709) Image search: [Google]
the-beach-boys.jpg
119 KB, 700x709
How long is your Heroes and Villains mix?
>>
4:51 because I have taste
>>
7", 4 u
>>
>>60355721
5 minutes, for the best/original 1966 version before brian reworked it into the single mix that came out in 1967 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2XfXZC2yp8
>>
>>60355732
How boring
>>
>>60355805
>best original demo before Brian finished it
>>
>>60355808

If urs is shorter than that then I feel sorry for u

hope you didn't fall for the sln troll <3
>>
>>60355830
Listen here buddy, I made my own 8 minute version using The Single and the album cuts
>>
>>60355732
shit taste
>>
Show me the longest version you got
>>
SLN mix is the best one
>>
I did have an 11-minute version but I got rid of it because it took the side over 20 minutes.
>>
>>60356736
That's too long senpai
>>
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/iWsA814E/file.html How is my mix?
>>
I've made several versions of varying lengths. The longest is 7:32, but this is my personal favorite of them:
http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/Xcpmgr1K/file.html
>>
>>60356736
Wouldn't it have been crazy if Brian had made a 20-minute version and singlehandedly invented the side-long prog rock epic?
>>
>>60357746
Really like how you mixed the grumbling into the Cantina part, but the whistling into the clipping section (forget what it's called) kinda messes up the flow of the outro.
>>
Am I the only one who doesn't like the upright bass they used for the song in Sessions? Imo, the empty space in the SS version makes it much more melancholy.
>>
>>60358011
Thanks man, you think I should have just ended it with the horns into the fade out?
>>
>>60355721

4'33 desu senpai
>>
>>60358063
That could work, but hey, you do you.
>>
>>60357746
I usually don't like the mixes that include the bicycle rider theme, but that was really good.

>>60357873
Sorry, I didn't like it.
>>
http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/3ped74cM/file.html I made an unorthodox mix
>>
Seriosuly, I wish H&V part 1 and 2 was more embraced. I know it's on Smile Sessions, but it should be on the first CD, in the album reconstruction section. I think it's the best way to keep the song single friendly and still show variety of idead Brian had with that song. I especially love part 2 with Swedish Frog and all this creepy stuff, part 1 is really cool too, especially the ending.
>>
bump 2
>>
>>60359217
I agree.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.