[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Prince a genius? Also >best prince album >best prince
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 060711-fw-prince80.jpg (242 KB, 400x569) Image search: [Google]
060711-fw-prince80.jpg
242 KB, 400x569
Is Prince a genius?
Also
>best prince album
>best prince song

Love Symbol Album
Purple Rain
>>
>yes
>Lovesymbol
>Purple Rain

I... wow... so I just second that. That's exactly the correct response. Wow.
>>
File: 1423760482988.png (220 KB, 611x581) Image search: [Google]
1423760482988.png
220 KB, 611x581
shhh..
>>
Yes

Sign O the Times

I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man
>>
His best song is Sometimes It Snows in April
>>
>yes
>Sign O the Times
>Ballad of Dorothy Parker
>>
I once saw a video of him playing guitar with one hand and keyboard with the other at the same time. He's just not of this earth.
>>
>>60355680
Yes
>i dont know
>Adore
>>
Purple Rain
When Doves Cry

>THIIIIIS IS WHAT IT SOUUUNDS LIIIIIKE
>>
I saw the movie purple rain for the first time when I was tripping on acid. It will always have a special place in my heart
>>
LMLYP
>>
>>60355680
Yes
>Let's go crazy
>Hot thing
>Nothing Compares 2 U
>>
>>60358671
this
>>
>>60355680
>>60355705
i love purple rain and sign o the times, but never bothered with listening to lovesymbol. is it really that great? what does it sound like?
>>
>>60355680
Was
Purple Rain
Computer Blue
>>
>>60359107
First of all, it's long. Second, it's very eclecticand kind of all over the place. I'd never recommend it to someone who isn't already into Prince.

But if you're into the whole Prince thing, then it's all the things you've seen on his previous albums up to that point, namely:

>funk
>sex
>pop
>synthesizers
>vocal effects
>R&B
>weird quasi-Christian astrology shit

--and he adds in:
>rap
>hard rock
>drum machines

--and just goes crazy for an hour and 15 minutes being basically his Prince self turned up to 11. It's not very cohesive, and it didn't spawn many singles, but it's really huge, and it's really wild, and it's really distinctly Prince.
>>
>>60359202
that sounds really interesting actually, thanks for the info. but rap? like prince rapping? that sounds strange, but i need to hear it.
>>
>>60359258
yeah and he brings in guest rappers, too

I think he raps on the very first track
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 500x502
Love symbol is really good but pic related is a fucking masterpiece. Btw how is prince's new material?
>>60359107
It goes from funk to rap, and psychedelic pop. It's a very eclectic album. A great listen and also a good start for people getting into ponce because of showcases all the styles he has to offer
>>
garbage
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.