[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do poptimists come here? I don't mean people that enjoy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
Why do poptimists come here? I don't mean people that enjoy popular music, but people with charts dedicated entirely to Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, and the like. Shouldn't they find a more accommodating board?
>>
>>60355644
so they can discuss their waifus together
>>
>>60355644
Who asked you to make this thread?
>>
>>60355644
because they love getting people like you angry
>>
To ruin my perfect board
>>
They don't like the music, they're waifu threads.

They are literally the Western version of /KPOP/
>>
>>60355708
they do post charts in the chart threads too though
>>
>>60355719
Some KPOP people post music too, both are still 99% waifu shit.
>>
>>60355644
Because this is a music thread and they like music. How come people complain about poptimists when we have hip hop, metal and fucking PROG fans on here?
>>
>>60355772
But metal is self contained
>>
>>60355772
I don't like your tone.
>fucking PROG fans

But i agree with you. This is a music board and should be all inclusive. KPOP too.
>>
>>60355772

hasten your own death pls
>>
>>60355804
>This is a music board and should be all inclusive. KPOP too.

this desu senpai, hypocritical to bitch about one but not the other.
>>
I'm pretty convinced most of this board is Reddit. I feel like I'm posting with high school girls here and I only feel that way when I visit Reddit.
>>
>>60355850
Would explain all the hip hop threads.
>>
>>60355850
Would explain the dadrock threads.
>>
>>60355850
Fuck, I wish it was full of high school girls in here but it's full of balding fat men obsessing over vapid pop stars and memerap.
>>
early Britney is very good tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0bPrt69rag
>>
>>60355644
Why not? It's not like we actually discuss music here - most threads are meme-related, so waifutards fit in fine.
>>
>>60355903
No
>>
>>60355685
STEALTH MARKETEERS
>>
because britney is great you big idiot
>>
I used to hate all pop. Now I like the 80s & 10s pop, but I still hate 90s and especially early 00s pop with a passion I truly believe the worst pop music ever made was created during that time period which is why rap took it over.
>>
File: 1439541116407.jpg (234 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1439541116407.jpg
234 KB, 1080x720
>>60355644
well, it's music and this is a music board...
>>
KPOP > CPOP > WPOP
>>
I like pop music, I think most people do, but there is an emerging trend of intentionally supporting mediocrity for the purpose of portraying yourself as open-minded and unpretentious.

>>6035590 illustrates my point quite saliently. Of course this is a mediocre song, it is nothing compared to espionagist surf guitar of Toxic or masochism of Baby One More Time, yet anon pretends it is interesting and unique because he thinks that people do not expect him to like Britney Spears.

This board is growing full of these poptimists, probably influenced by Pitchfork, and they should be exterminated from all discussions about music. They are lowering our collective standards of what is acceptable to talk about and changing this board into /tv/ or reddit. They genuinely do not have an familiarity with music theory or intelligent music, therefore they should close their mouths and refrain from sharing their uninformed opinions
>>
i think this board would be a lot better if it was just changed into a Loren Connors fan forum
>>
>>60355772
Because they don't fit in and there would be more suitable places.
>>
>>60356310
you don't fit in. how about that, bitch? high school memories coming back all of a sudden?
>>
>>60356356
Why the hostility?
>>
File: pretentious.png (152 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
pretentious.png
152 KB, 512x512
they trickle down from stereogum and then are offended when people tell them their waifu is shit, so they double-down and stick around.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.